shugs420

420 Member
Plants are going into week 5 of flower and have yet to show much bud formation, I've been wondering why they haven't been growing much in flower and been narrowing the possibilities down.

After I have tried about everything I can think of my conclusion is that my dumb ass gave the plants TMV stupidly when I was doing a defoliation a while back.

My temps and humidity are all on point, waterings may have gotten a little heavy at one point which could have made these girls more susceptible to the virsu.

I use coco coir with about 15-20% perlite in it, dry amendments are Gaia green 4-4-4 and 2-8-4 at a 50/50 ratio, and Top dressed at 75% 2-8-4 and 25 % 4 - 4 - 4

Typical watering with tapwater sitting out for over a day, air stone added in for about half hour before watering and during ph adjustment to 6.5 or less

The odd time I will mix up some NPK RAW nutrients in R/O water, wasn't always adding in cal mag so had some calcium deficiencies during grow, figured that out earlier on but stunted growth and new twisted deformed growth continues to show.. possible deficiencies so I flushed completely added in fresh nutrients with some beneficial additives to aid in nutrient uptake (which is why I use NPK RAW with my grow .. give the plant a little more of what it needs when it needs it without giving it too much of other nutrients) signs continued to show of new deformed growth, yellowing tops, yellowing in the veins , leaf margins cupping etc

My temps were all on point with multiple readers in the grow, CO2 was on point at 800 ppm average going up to 1070 during peak times. Laser thermometer showing leaf surface temps in the low 70s, everything standing straight up looking happy but sad, pots were having somewhat of a hard time drying out but no signs of overwatering with the leaves

Plus I have fabric pots and coco so really hard to over water, with a fan blowing across the surface and lower canopy.

All this has lead me to believe that TMV is the culprit behind the stunted growth. These are just random bag seeds I've had for a few years so the fact they turned out to be female and gotten to this stage I can't be upset. I am a new grower still, always researching for more information.

Least to say I have some proper seeds that I will be starting when I return from vacation, first up is Gorilla Zkittlez from barnesy farm, along with a girl Scout cookies from blimburn seeds!

I will be chopping the sativa down when I get back to make room for the new genetics as I do want to keep my grow Legal. Sativa has yet to show a bud, only pre flowers and that'll allow some room for the little girl I just put into flower on new year's !

stay tuned for my grow journal as I will be filming the grow aswell :)

Thanks for the read guys

Attachments

• IMG_20181231_203848.jpg
    IMG_20181231_203848.jpg
    768.6 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20181231_203614.jpg
    IMG_20181231_203614.jpg
    799.3 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20181231_203554.jpg
    IMG_20181231_203554.jpg
    716.2 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20181231_203541.jpg
    IMG_20181231_203541.jpg
    635.9 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20181231_203533.jpg
    IMG_20181231_203533.jpg
    958.5 KB · Views: 80
i Like your setup, what were the advertised flowering times where you purchased your starting materials, some sativa dominant strains flower for 12 weeks.

Thanks man! ill get some pics of the setup soon its a 2 in 1 grow tent, and didn't buy these seeds fortunately.. there just bag seeds that a buddy gave me a few years ago, Im surprised they made it this far haha

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

shoot forgot about this! will update with pics and results by tomorrow!

Well here's an update for the post since I forgot about it!

Plant harvest was maybe a little early but came out really tasty so far now that I have had a chance to smoke it

Total yeild was 96 grams
- 44 grams sativa
- 52 grams indica

I put them in over 24 hours of darkness before cutting then at a V to hang, also cutting off larger fan leaves and dead leaves

After a 7 day drying period in the drybox I made the stems were still a little wet but buds fully dried

I choose and trimed up some of the buds and weighed seperatly

Overall I'm happy with the harvest it could be better but for having stunned growth several times in the plants life they turned out to be some heavy hitters and have a clean taste

As for my growing system I have been constantly making changes to improve plant health and right now I am debating on not using Gaia green amendments, increasing perlite amount and doing a drain to waste system using npk raw grow and bloom, with the odd booster and stress solution .

Ph reservoir around 6.0 and see how it works out

Thanks man ! Thinking of posting my next harvest soon :) She's almost ready

Back
Top Bottom