TNS - First Indoor Grow - 2013

disfigure024

DAY 1
The wife and I setup the tent last night, and went and got some babies today!! We're shooting for as close to 100% Organic as possible w/ an indoor setup. We're no strangers to gardening as a whole. The last location in which we resided, we decided to convert 3/4 of the backyard into an Organic veggie and herb garden. This is our first shot at an indoor garden...and we might do some hot peppers and tomatoes along side the medicine one of these days.

Since my wife has severe R.A. (compromised immune system + biologic medication for immune suppression) we want to try and minimize the mold/spore/etc issues and have as close to "Clean Green" quality in the finished product. Here's to the fun of growing plants indoors!!

Room Setup:
  • 1x - DR120 Grow Tent (4' x 4' x 7')
  • 1x - 1000w HPS
  • 2x - 200 cfm fans (one for hood, one for positive air flow--too be replaced eventually)
  • 1x - 8" oscillating fan
Gear_-_The_Tent_-_1_2013-05-20_02_28_08_.jpg
Gear_-_The_Light_-_1_2013-05-20_02_29_39_.jpg
Gear_-_The_Tent_-_2_2013-05-20_02_28_38_.jpg
Gear_-_The_Tent_-_3_2013-05-20_02_28_53_.jpg
Gear_-_The_Tent_-_Inside_reddish_2013-05-20_02_30_10_.jpg

Coming Soon:
  • 1x - Active Carbon Filtration System (next paycheck)
  • 1x - HEPA filtration for intake (next paycheck)
  • 2x - fans w/ better circulation power (next paycheck maybe, mid-month probably)

Soil / Organics Used:
  • Initial Planting - #1 pots w/ M.J.R Blend Organic Soil from 4-Corners Organics, Inc.
  • Growth/Finish - #10 Smart Pots w/ a 50/50 blend of Roots Organic Soil and FoxFarm Ocean Forest
  • Liquid Nutrients - Buddha Bloom Liquid & Trinity Catalyst
  • CO2 will be created w/ a natural yeast/sugar/water fermentation method
Gear_-_Organics_Nutrients_2013-05-24_19_45_59_.jpg

Gear_-_Soil_and_Vermicomposter_2013-05-20_02_33_07_.jpg

Clones Purchased:
  • 1x - Cookies
  • 1x - Martian Mean Green
  • 1x - Larry OG
  • 1x - Grape Ape

At day 9 of veg growth already. I'll be updating the original posting w/ more photos later today.

Here's an overview pic of the plants @ Day 9.

It looks like there might be a slight nutrient issue happening, I'm thinking it's lack of N. Need to pickup some Roots Organic Grow formula to go w/ the Bloom and the micronutrients we already have on hand. So far the watering schedule has been approx 2-3 days between watering, and we have used Trinity one time in the last week.

If anyone has any advice, do please offer it up!

Not putting up pics for Day 10, there wasn't much progress in growth that day. Day 11 did bring some change...much larger pots and more soil!

We transplanted the plants last night (day 11) into #10 sized Smart Pots. Gave them some Trinity and some Buddha Grow formulas. The hydro shop was all out of the Ocean Forest, so I decided to go w/ just the Roots Organic soil for the entire setup. eHydroponics.com also failed to send us one of our Carbon filter covers for our fans, so we got a nice surprise this morning finding a box on the doorstep w/ another screen as well as some beneficial microbes for the soil. We'll probably end up adding those sometime this week before we start the flowering process on Sunday night.

Here's some updated pictures. Also, it looks like the soil was leeched of everything....would explain the funkiness of the Martian Mean Green for a few of those days. The wife called me while at work earlier to let me know it is looking better post transplant.

Cookies - Day 11

Grape Ape - Day 11

Larry OG - Day 11

Martian Mean Green - Day 11

Overview

Overview

Day 12 Update:

All is well...moved the fan to the top of the tent tonight. Slid the tray and all the plants over about 8" so thing were a little more centered. Planning on going and getting a fan and carbon filter for the exhaust this weekend. Really need to get that in the room since things are starting to smell a bit, and I'm planning on flipping the time over this Sunday for the flower cycle.

plant pr0n time!

Martian Mean Green

Larry OG

Grape Ape

Cookies

OVERVIEWS

Well..let's try this again...first attempt to post failed :(

Day 13 update (Friday night)

Had to add a carbon filter and fan to the room...starting to smell a little up there. Which in turn means I will be needing to purchase a new intake fan. A HEPA filter and a larger fan was already on the list of items to get for the room.

Added some beneficial microbes when watering. After about 2 hours the Martian Mean Green started to look a lot better. It could be a mix of the watering, proper pH on the water finally, or the addition of the extra air flow in the room.

Azos Beneficial Microbes

Carbon Filter & Fan

Whole Tent

Cookies

Grape Ape

Larry OG

Martian Mean Green

Room Overview

Day 14 (Saturday) Update

Sunday will be day 1 of the flower...setup the timer and tested the cycle w/ a room lamp for a day to make sure the timing would be good. First night for them starts Sunday @ 8am. I also won't be updating here as often, it seems like a daily update is a little overkill. ;) Unless people really want to see more, I guess I could keep up on the posts.

Here's the pics of everything as they were last night when we watered and checked on things prior to the light change this morning.

Martian Mean Green

Girl Scout Cookies

Grape Ape

Larry OG

Overview

Guess I should update this thread since I have neglected it for so long. :)

Ended up picking up a few new things for the tent. Let's go over all that first!

• 1x -- Galaxy Digital Ballast (1000w)
  • 1x -- EYE Hortilux SuperHPS Bulb
  • 1x -- 6" C.A.P. Centrifugal Fan (435cfm)
  • 1x -- 8" Horti Control Dust Shroom Washable HEPA Filter (air intake)

The rest of the liquid nutrient line from Roots Organic...brings us up to 8 bottles in total.

Also rearranged the room a little bit as well. hung the oscillating fan from the ceiling of the tent. also suspended the Phresh filter from the cross bars to help cut down on the heat (it's helped too...dropped the tent nearly 15 degrees).

Here's the pr0n!

MMG

100_4711.JPG
100_4713.JPG

Larry OG

100_4714.JPG
100_4717.JPG

GSC

100_4718.JPG
100_4721.JPG
100_4726.JPG

Grape Ape

100_47281.JPG
100_4731.JPG
100_47351.JPG

Overview

100_47371.JPG
100_4739.JPG

As always, comments/questions/concerns/flames/love/praise/stalking always appreciated

the clawing in the leaves of Cookies is receiving too much nitrogen, this will harm bud growth. reduce the amount of nitrogen you are feeding Cookies.

Thank you for the input! We were actually wondering why it was lookin like that on the sweet leaf. I think we need to invest in a pH meter...the liquid tests seems to be off a bit...all the girls are showing a little bit of issues that could be related to pH issues locking out nutrients.

If I send you a PM with a link to my personal site/gallery would you be willing to look over things and offer some more advice?

you need 50 posts in order to send personal messages. i would be willing to look over your gallery and offer advice, you could upload your images here. most pH meters have a 2 point adjustment requiring a pH 7 and a pH 4 calibration solution. never lets your pH meter dry out always keep either storage solution of pH 7 calibration solution in the cap. pour a small amount of pH 7 calibration solution into a plastic bag and set the tip in it and calibrate the meter to 7, next pour a small amount of pH 4 calibration solution into a plastic bag and set the tip in it and calibrate the meter to 4.

https://www.google.com search digital pH meter

https://www.google.com search ph calibration solution

here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Looks like I need to get crackin on the posts in other threads then....need to make up 38 to cover the difference to 50 posts ;)
Thanks for all the help for sure! We were getting a little worried with some of the leaves the past week or so. That clawing on the upper leaves of the GSC has been going on for about 2 weeks now I believe. It was about the time I started using the HP2 and HPK for bloom boosting (some of the Roots Organic line of nutrients).

I wouldn't be surprised if it's my pH throwing everything out of wack...definitely going to invest in a pH meter this weekend after my paycheck shows up. :)

new pics coming soon...need to head upstairs and check on the girls and snap some new ones. I'll make two posts tonight to make up for the missed day of pictures yesterday. :) Did notice some more nutrient / pH issues pop up in the fan leaves of the GSC plant. Payday doesn't come near fast enough when you need to make purchases. Oh well though...we kind of new it was going to be a bit of a learning experience w/ this first grow.

Back
Top Bottom