To defoliate or not defoliate in flower

corinth

So , I been growing a few years indoor and outdoor, my thing is I see all these growers with like huge donkey dick frigging plants that are all bud like there's hardly any leaves on the plant that the branches are all bud right? Would anyone trim all the leaf off there plants like all of them so the buds can grow huge?? Does that work, cause I thought thr plants needed the photosynthesis from the leaves to energize bud growth especially in late stage flower. Should I be defoliating everything except for the growing buds and take every leaf off period.?

So , I been growing a few years indoor and outdoor, my thing is I see all these growers with like huge donkey dick frigging plants that are all bud like there's hardly any leaves on the plant that the branches are all bud right? Would anyone trim all the leaf off there plants like all of them so the buds can grow huge?? Does that work, cause I thought thr plants needed the photosynthesis from the leaves to energize bud growth especially in late stage flower. Should I be defoliating everything except for the growing buds and take every leaf off period.?
corinth, perhaps what you are looking for is lollipopping, which is removing leaves and such in the center of the plant for both increasing the air flow as well as light.
Go to this webpage for a step by step directions of how and when; Lollipopping Cannabis: How to Do It Right! | Grow Weed Easy
Good luck and let us know how it is going.

corinth, perhaps what you are looking for is lollipopping, which is removing leaves and such in the center of the plant for both increasing the air flow as well as light.
Go to this webpage for a step by step directions of how and when; Lollipopping Cannabis: How to Do It Right! | Grow Weed Easy
Good luck and let us know how it is going.
No I lollipop all my under growth for the most part. Basically what I'm asking is if its good to defoliate everything and just keep buds end stage flower like 3 weeks prior to harvest.

No I lollipop all my under growth for the most part. Basically what I'm asking is if its good to defoliate everything and just keep buds end stage flower like 3 weeks prior to harvest.
I'm guilty of not fully reading your previous post 100%, sorry about that.
Your right about photosynthesis from the leaves. These fan leaves are only required perhaps 95% of the plants life.
Growing outdoor, as the days get shorter and sun light follows suit, the plant starts to get less photosynthesis, consequently nitrogen for feeding the plant from these fan leaves.
In order for the buds at the top of the plant to survive and finish growing, the plant will rob nitrogen (which is a mobile nutrient) distribution from the lower and canopy fan leaves and give it to the developing colas which consist of the buds and sugar leaves.
Consequently, due to the lack of nitrogen, the fan leaves will turn brown and eventually wilt off.
This is where a lot of farmers, including yours truly, knowing the plant is within a few weeks of harvest, will remove all the fan leaves living only the cola's exposed.
This stage of the plant life is where the photo's you refer to as having huge donkey dicks, which is the cola's.
Hey, its been fun hanging out with you and I trust my dialog is what you were asking about.

I'm guilty of not fully reading your previous post 100%, sorry about that.
Your right about photosynthesis from the leaves. These fan leaves are only required perhaps 95% of the plants life.
Growing outdoor, as the days get shorter and sun light follows suit, the plant starts to get less photosynthesis, consequently nitrogen for feeding the plant from these fan leaves.
In order for the buds at the top of the plant to survive and finish growing, the plant will rob nitrogen (which is a mobile nutrient) distribution from the lower and canopy fan leaves and give it to the developing colas which consist of the buds and sugar leaves.
Consequently, due to the lack of nitrogen, the fan leaves will turn brown and eventually wilt off.
This is where a lot of farmers, including yours truly, knowing the plant is within a few weeks of harvest, will remove all the fan leaves living only the cola's exposed.
This stage of the plant life is where the photo's you refer to as having huge donkey dicks, which is the cola's.
Hey, its been fun hanging out with you and I trust my dialog is what you were asking about.
Amen brother makes sense to me perfectly , I'm gonna get down and dirty cause I have some ladies in 50 gallon pots and the leaves are turning yellow. Makes perfect sense and you live and you learn. Yeah tomorrows a good day for that should be interesting appreciate the input. I keep learning.

Amen brother makes sense to me perfectly , I'm gonna get down and dirty cause I have some ladies in 50 gallon pots and the leaves are turning yellow. Makes perfect sense and you live and you learn. Yeah tomorrows a good day for that should be interesting appreciate the input. I keep learning.
Roger that, those fan leaves must go before curing the buds anyway, so why not get an early start and it's over with.
We all keep learning and advising, no matter our age, just continue taking advantage of that beautiful brain we have.

Back
Top Bottom