To flush or not using GH Nuts

Prodigyy

Hello all, I believe in nearing the end of my flowering and I have a question that may go both ways. So as I stated in the heading I'm using General Hydroponics for my feeding. Started my crops from seeds 11/1 should be done by the end of the month February. My issue is that I have 4 plants in my 4x4 and it is a little tight in there so of course I have soon bids bigger than others. Should I cut the big buds up top and leave the little ones a little longer? I'm hesitant because I thought about flushing but I didn't want to take the nutrients away from the smaller buds. Or should I bite the bullet and start flushing and hopes that the smaller buds will be ok?
81871ec951c7a696c5c89f233958e578.jpg
ccaa919b4c3df98e678be6cf4f0bcaff.jpg
6517dde3fb879b572b26532cfa9b9367.jpg
c703554ec17e0fcc7cc23e14cb64c0f5.jpg

I'm not familiaar with your strain but I think you have at least 2-3 more weeks flower ..

the net you have down there is useless now, you can get in cut it and maybe move the plants a bit , also I would get that res outside of the tent if possible .

get another net on top and defoliate the top fan leafs , bend the tops so they get a bit lower

also you have 2 higher plants , move the plants or the lights so you have one light over the 2 higher plants and the other lower over.

i'm not an expert but this is what I would do , and do it sooner than later , you could also harvest the top half -I didn't do this but read about.

next time do some bondage before you grow out of space :)

oh and don't rush it now , you waited 3 long moths !

I now realize I didn't answer the flush question .. LOL .. I did in a way but not direct ...

you are too far from harvest to start flushing

on other forums there are people advocating against flushing , I can't see any logical reason to "flush"-starve a plant at it's peak effort , some strains will have the colas double in size in the last 2 weeks, I don't want to starve the plant when it makes it's last effort

I now realize I didn't answer the flush question .. LOL .. I did in a way but not direct ...

on other forums there are people advocating against flushing , I can't see any logical reason to "flush"-starve a plant at it's peak effort , some strains will have the colas double in size in the last 2 weeks, I don't want to starve the plant when it makes it's last effort

Thank you for your reply I will give it a shot .

Interesting. I see what you're saying, but do you think there is no taste/harshness difference flushing v not flushing?

I read in some forums that it is recommended to flush when using GH nuts but this is only my 2nd grow so I'm not that familiar with it.

Whether in soil or Hydro, flush. Hydro you can get away with five days to a week, soil think one even closer to two weeks. Especially chemical nutes. You also want your plant to cannibalize it's nute stores and chlorophyll, which the cure really takes care of, but when in doubt, just flush!!! If it's brown flush it down. If it's yellow, then you're plant is eating the nitrogen and other nutes from its leaves. That's a good thing right before harvest. Good luck and tasty buds to ya!

And now that I've read more than the title, I agree with ondercuver you have many weeks to go before you flush. I have two-three weeks left on this gal
d115ad1a120c36486fc222aae375b710.jpg

Your colas will fatten up a lot. Sativa can take much longer to finish than say an 8 week indica. Some people in soil use unsulphured molasses to get past the whole not starving your plants in peak bloom thing. I'm in Hydro and flush with flawless finish for five days and then two to three days only water. As far as harshness, whether you flush or not, the dry and cure will combat that issue when done properly.
Peace and happy growing from the Growchy's

Interesting. I see what you’re saying, but do you think there is no taste/harshness difference flushing v not flushing?

there's no harshness no bad taste or anything , I never smoked anything smoother in my life (after curing with boveda packs for about a month), last feeding I gave them was 2.5EC , a bit higher than recommended ml/L , the kept asking for more every day !

I understand that this is also anecdotal evidence , growing is riddled with myths and anecdotal evidence but there's no science behind flushing , just sacrifice a small bud , do a proper dry&cure .. you will never see any difference , but I bet there's a dif in dry weight if you don't starve the plants for a week , maybe it makes a difference if you grow in dirt .

I flush one week before harvest.I also leave the lights on.no water until they dry out.I've found that the plant produced more resin when I do it this way.they produce more resin to protect themselves.just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom