To Hell in A Hempy Bucket - Vrt CMH - Wonder Woman/Red Dragon

Hey TT I just ordered a Red Dragon seed how are they looking?

What kind of coco are you using? The hydro place has Botanicare CocoGro coir do you have any opinions on that?

I didn't ask my question about the bonsai clones well, I'm wondering if they continue to produce suitable branches for cloning while they're dialed back like that.

Take care my friend.

The current crop of Red Dragon are looking pretty good. The test seedling in 1/2 gal hempy yielded 14 grams. My pheno is very sativa so it is a nice high as opposed to a stone. I like. :Rasta: Very happy to have more to harvest soon and will keep it in my grows.

I think my coco was from Hydrofarm. A big block bought from OSH hardware.
I might buy the Botaincare when my block run out. Needs less prep work. They say none but I will always rinse my coco first just to be safe.

I don't think the problem was your question, it was my answer.:smokin:

While the bonsai moms are dialed back, they will still be growing. Just slowly.

A big part of the trimming process is to cut off all the branches that could be clones as they grow out. If you don't need the clones, throw them out.

Here is the however.....

I am figuring that I will need clones near the end of Sept. So, at the beginning of Sept, I will lightly nute and increase the light. That should give me plenty of nice healthy branches to turn into clones.

I have some first stage pics to post later and will document the process as I go along. :surf:

Figured I would start the bonsai mom bit with a picture of three plants that have been massively trimmed.
042311_001.JPG

The two on the right were both 3 feet tall super vegged out plants. The one on the left was 24" tall in a mini-hempy cup.

Now to some starter bonsai mom action. Going to follow the evolution of a Red Dragon (sativa dom) and a Wonder Woman (Indica dom).

RD bmom1
042311_005.JPG

RD bmom2
042311_008.JPG

WW bmom1
042311_006.JPG

WW bmom2
042311_007.JPG

The first cut is basically a severe topping that takes the plant down to having approx. 4 main side branches.

There is more trimming to do but they get a day or two to adjust first.

Great info TT thanks!

Your coco is all coir then? I think Bandit uses chips, but the hydro store doesn't have them and I don't know anywhere else that would around here. I see some lava/coco/sunlight soil hempies in my near future. :thumb:

Great info TT thanks!

Your coco is all coir then? I think Bandit uses chips, but the hydro store doesn't have them and I don't know anywhere else that would around here. I see some lava/coco/sunlight soil hempies in my near future. :thumb:

All coir. Chips are just another alternative to perlite or lava rock. I am thrilled with the lava rock and going to obtain a year's supply during the spring gardening sale season.:Rasta:

Hi TT

Everything looks great. Really will love watching the bonsai mom's develop. :yummy:

Well, that deserves the next installment.:surf:

Red Dragon Mom
042511_001.JPG

After Second Cutting
042511_002.JPG

The first cutting took enough material for 6 clones and this second cutting took enough for 4 more clones. I probably could easily take off the top third of the plant but going to wait until after transplant.

WW mom
042511_003.JPG

After 2nd cut
042511_004.JPG

I could easily take off the top 1/2 of the plant but going to wait until after transplant.

Branches were trimmed down to the point of having two nodes that looked to be capable to sprout branches. Plus many of the larger pesky fan leaves were removed.

Both will be given 2-3 days to adjust and then they will be transplanted into the 4" pots.

The rest of the Mom Gang
042511_005.JPG

After first cut
042511_006.JPG

At least I have something to do while waiting for all this boring flowering to finish.:hookah:

Cool TT thank you!

My dad has a large landscape bed full of red lava rocks. I don't think he'll miss a few select small ones :thumb:

I'm not sure what the correct term is, but I'm talking about the branches that you turn into clones. If one is long enough can you make it into two clones, or should you only make one?

Man! That's quite a brood you have! :thumb:

They all look really healthy. :)

Boring flowering Huh? :party:

Just twiddling my thumbs waiting for it to be smokable.:yummy:

Cool TT thank you!

My dad has a large landscape bed full of red lava rocks. I don't think he'll miss a few select small ones :thumb:

I'm not sure what the correct term is, but I'm talking about the branches that you turn into clones. If one is long enough can you make it into two clones, or should you only make one?

So now we are landscape bed diving?

You can turn a branch into as many clones as you can get out of it.

With the bonsai moms, the idea is to grow them so you can get as many small clones as you need. I only need maybe four clones at a time but it is easy to grow them so you can get 20 or more at a time. Either of the two plants in this example could easily provide ten clones a month from now. :surf:

Just twiddling my thumbs waiting for it to be smokable.:yummy:

So now we are landscape bed diving?

Believe it or not my dad tried that last spring, he tripped on the edging and fell into it face first. Broke his kneecap and he still hasn't really recovered, and was all cut up on his hands and face.

That certainly wasn't funny but your post was and made me think of dad. He'll be glad to see a few less rocks in there lol.

Great info on the moms and clones. I'll keep watching what you're doing and take notes. Take care bro.

Here is some of that boring flowering.:yummy:

Wonder Woman - Set1 Day 61 12/12 Day 50 of Flowering
042511b_009.JPG

This is going to be the new front of the plant facing the light. More light for the inner buds. The big buds will do fine. Trichs mostly milky but little new bud growth going on. Maybe another week?

Red Dragon - ditto
042511b_005.JPG

The main branches started going forward and sideways during stretch so I rotated the pot slightly to encourage the sideways. This put the main colas all in the prime light zone. I just rotated the pot 180 degrees to give the backside of the buds a couple of days of extra light.

Still a good amount of bud growth taking place so the RD probably has 2 weeks.

Some of the leaf yellowing is natural and some is from a screw up of mine. I decided I hated the ph-ing that went with the chem nutes so i switched to organics. The chem nutes had cal/mag in them but the organics had no mag. Corrected the mistake in time to take care of the bud leaves but some of the fan leaves look a little ugly.

A couple of RD bud shots sort of almost kinda came out in focus.
042511b_004.JPG

042511b_003.JPG

:surf:

Morning TT looking good.

Much respect you know your craft and can see your plants but this pic looks like she's got a few more weeks left imo.

042511b_004.JPG

Those calyxes look to have more swelling to do, they should pretty much absorb the pistils.

They both look great and I can't wait for my RD bean to arrive safe and sound.

:peace:

Morning TT looking good.

Much respect you know your craft and can see your plants but this pic looks like she's got a few more weeks left imo.

042511b_004.JPG

Those calyxes look to have more swelling to do, they should pretty much absorb the pistils.

They both look great and I can't wait for my RD bean to arrive safe and sound.

:peace:

The bud in the photo just happened to get in front of the camera even though it lives at the back of the plant only about halfway up from the bottom. So, it is a rather immature bud compared to the main colas. My bad for lazy picture descriptions. :smokin:

The top of the plant is 50/50 red to white rather than all white. My RD pheno is highly sativa which I plan on taking full advantage of by harvesting at near 100% milky with as little amber as possible. Want some bud with a sativa high. :cool: For a solid amber effect this plant would need to go at least 3weeks.

Damn that is one gorgeous super heroine. I have 2 of them at day 23 of flower, cant wait for them to pack it on like that one. Awesome lookin plant bro.

Thanks Cryptic! This isn't even the best looking one of the 4 I have flowering!:smokin: I think you are going to love this heroine. Smells like a real wonder.

You just stimulated my brain cells to realize that i haven't trimmed a test bud yet. Going to fix that error. :cool:

I did smoke a bud I accidentally trimmed off a plant only 15 days into flower. It was so good that I can't understand why I bother to grow to maturity.

Lots of cool stuff goin on TT, real interested to see how everything turns out..I'm looking forward to using lava rocks in my future hempys, just gotta use up all this damn perlite first!

:peacetwo:

High Marley! That is not even a lava rock plant. Coco and perlite. At worst, my lava rock plants are 50% better. Save the perlite for mini-hempies. ;)

Thanks Cryptic! This isn't even the best looking one of the 4 I have flowering!:smokin: I think you are going to love this heroine. Smells like a real wonder.

You just stimulated my brain cells to realize that i haven't trimmed a test bud yet. Going to fix that error. :cool:

I did smoke a bud I accidentally trimmed off a plant only 15 days into flower. It was so good that I can't understand why I bother to grow to maturity.

I do love the way the plant grows, she just seems to be a very hardy strain that takes all my noobish mistakes in stride without so much as a curled leaf.

I am interested to find out how the test bud comes out, I too was doing a little pruning and accidentally snipped off a bud. I wasnt really expecting much if anything. Was actually thinking I'd get more of a headache than a high with it being so young. I was definitely surprised at the high and how good it tasted.

High Marley! That is not even a lava rock plant. Coco and perlite. At worst, my lava rock plants are 50% better. Save the perlite for mini-hempies. ;)

Hey TT when you say 50% better do you mean bigger? I'm totally stoked to try some of those. The rocks I was gonna procure from my dad's yard look pretty weathered, probably doesn't matter a whit since it is lava but I decided to pick up a bag at Lowes. You think the plants get any minerals from the lava or just like it because it's porous?

I do love the way the plant grows, she just seems to be a very hardy strain that takes all my noobish mistakes in stride without so much as a curled leaf.

I am interested to find out how the test bud comes out, I too was doing a little pruning and accidentally snipped off a bud. I wasnt really expecting much if anything. Was actually thinking I'd get more of a headache than a high with it being so young. I was definitely surprised at the high and how good it tasted.

Definitely a great growing plant that can take nutes.

Was forced to sample some test Vanilla Kush yesterday and forgot to snip off a bud to dry. Should have a report by Monday.

Hey TT when you say 50% better do you mean bigger? I'm totally stoked to try some of those. The rocks I was gonna procure from my dad's yard look pretty weathered, probably doesn't matter a whit since it is lava but I decided to pick up a bag at Lowes. You think the plants get any minerals from the lava or just like it because it's porous?

Take all the factors you would use to judge a plant, add them together and you get the 50%. Bigger, healthier, more sparkle, more resin, more swell. Just a bit more of everything.

I figure the lava rock in as being a nute factor of Zero. That doesn't mean there isn't some mineral benefit. I just consider anything it does do to be a benefit. I do know that little roots love all the nooks and crannies like butter on a crumpet. :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom