To Hot

Mojave Dave

Hi all,

My friend had a problem with his NFT tank water getting way to hot (almost 40!!!) and making his five week old seedling wilt and look dired out. We cooled the water to 25 and fixed the problem. Do you think they should recover okay?

There is also some whitish fungusy-looking stuff around the very bottom of the stem where it exits the Jiffy Pellet peat in the Rockwool cubes. The stem looks gnawed at right there as well and is very weak. It almost won't support the plant's weight. Can you guys help real quick please? Thanks!

Uh, I wish I could help you with the heat problem but I'm not familiar with celcius and stuff. All I can say is if it feels like it's too hot then take it easy on the heaters from now on. The mold may be caused by too much water... I don't know about any knawing, unless it's outside and it may be caused by an animal. Take a stick and prop up the plant next to the stick and tie it so it stands.

old_smokey9483 said:
Uh, I wish I could help you with the heat problem but I'm not familiar with celcius and stuff. All I can say is if it feels like it's too hot then take it easy on the heaters from now on. The mold may be caused by too much water... I don't know about any knawing, unless it's outside and it may be caused by an animal. Take a stick and prop up the plant next to the stick and tie it so it stands.

Thanks mate. The gnawing I was referring to only looked that way. It hasn't actually been chewed on or anything. It's like rotted away or something at that very spot. I dunno what to think...

Thanks again!

bohdiman said:
bury the tank and add a pump to move the water to the plants. email me you questions @ growertippro@yahoo.com :smokin:

Howdy bohdiman,

Thnks for your input. I need to ask though, what did you mean by "bury the tank"? I don't understand how I could do that. It's an NFT tank.

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom