To many small tops?

gazmufc

Hey folks, have 2mazrs growing since November 2nd. One is in flower about 2weeks now, the other is just starting to flower. The bigger one stretched a little more than the other, so i bent the two ✌️ biggest tops over, cutting out branches underneath that were in shade. Few questions, first im wondering do you guys think i have left to many small tops on the canopy? Should i have taken some out on the two branches that i bent over? Would also like to know if i have trimmed out the right amount of leafs, and pruned the right branches?.I've been keeping air flow in mind the whole time, trying to limit the chances of mould appearing. Still very much learning, its my 3rd grow, have defo learned alot from you folks, im very grateful. Its a budget grow, been gathering the equipment now for yr or so with more to get. Some of the Growing conditions are as follows.

Light 300w Led, Rhino carbon filter
24in desk fan, pots are 9lt, growing medium is compost/perlite/bonemeal pellets mix with volcanic rock dust and see weed dust.
PH reading last run off was 6.5
They are needing feeding roughly every 3days, this is how long its taking for pots to empty.
Im feeding, budfactor x, bio bloom, bio fish mix, bio root juice, and cal mag. Any feedback on any of this info is much welcomed.

First plant

Attachments

• DSC_0332.JPG
    DSC_0332.JPG
    277.7 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC_0334.JPG
    DSC_0334.JPG
    422.6 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC_0341.JPG
    DSC_0341.JPG
    265.5 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC_0336.JPG
    DSC_0336.JPG
    310.6 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC_0335.JPG
    DSC_0335.JPG
    283.6 KB · Views: 61
Recent pictures

Attachments

• DSC_0348.JPG
    DSC_0348.JPG
    308 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC_0347.JPG
    DSC_0347.JPG
    297.1 KB · Views: 47
The 2 plant

Attachments

• DSC_0341.JPG
    DSC_0341.JPG
    265.5 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC_0340.JPG
    DSC_0340.JPG
    260.3 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC_0337.JPG
    DSC_0337.JPG
    263.8 KB · Views: 40
Group shot

Attachments

• DSC_0346.JPG
    DSC_0346.JPG
    283.5 KB · Views: 40
Normally right before the switch to flower is when you want to get all your trimming done on branches and growth that won't amount to anything. During the first 2-3 weeks of flower is when the plant is going to be putting all it's energy into the flower stretch, you do not want to be trimming and pruning during this time because you will stunt it's growth. 3rd week of flower when the plant stops stretching is when you should trim off your big fan leaves amto allow light to all the budsites that have formed. Wait until they are done stretching and cut out some of those bigger fans in the middle

Aww shoot ive been trimming as i went :( so cut out bigger fan leaves in middle, even if they are the only big fan leafs left?

Even some Google searches on defoliating can help you out. But yes majority of the bigger fan leaves can go because your lights will not penetrate them, allowing light to the lower budsites is what will help give you those longer bigger colas.

Back
Top Bottom