To soon to switch to flowering?

TxState

Right now I have three plants that range 4" tall and 8" wide. Long story short, I started them out in really crappy soil and let them get root bound stunting their growth. This is my first grow and i've learned a lot from it. The plants are about a month old. I transplanted them 9 days ago and they have tripled in size sence then.

OK here is my problem. This is a closet grow at my apartment and I will be going home for christmas break (college) in mid december so I will not be here to take care of them. Well that only leaves me about 2 and a half months to flower them and harvest. So my question is how tall/big do these plants need to be before put into 12/12? I'm thinking I will need to put them into flowering in about 2 weeks, by then they will probably only be 6-8 inches tall. Is that too small?

You can start them in flower any time. I'ver grown 1 foot tall plants before. I've even seen where they've been grown in shot glasses.

It is never to soon, 420 has it's built in biologial clock that will detect the longer nights (dark periods) of un-interuptted dark phot period and will go into survival mode and try to producec off spring to thrive and live for the next season, indoor hydro is just playing the role of mother nature with the benifits of you are mother and you control when it's time to flower and die! And DO NOT beleive all the hype about to bad people don't let their plants get to full maturity before flowering because they are losing on the benifits of stronger buds! Thats Bull S*&T! I have grown for 35 years and have had some early flowering buds that would kick anyone's arse over a fully mature veg'ed plant thats flowered. You provide the adequate micro-nuit's and fertilizer during flowering, and have a decent strain you should have some good smoke in time for christmas! (provided you have suffiecent light).
BBD

Back
Top Bottom