To Top Or Not To Top

HigherTheHigh

Hello all.

I have some White Widow x BigBud there around 10" tall, between 5&6th node theres 8 and there supposed to be getting flipped to 12/12 flower on the 27th.

My question is, should i top them at the 5th or 6th node and let them go until the 30th? there all going in a 4x4 tent and there already in there final 12L pots.

Yield is a must on these as this is will be the last garden grow im harvesting this year and for the majority of next, i would be happy to yield 16oz thats 2oz per plant, in my head it seems easy but id like others opinions.

For the 1st 3-4 weeks they will be under a 600w then the final weeks there will be 2 600w hps lights in cool hoods above them.

Hello all.

I have some White Widow x BigBud there around 10" tall, between 5&6th node theres 8 and there supposed to be getting flipped to 12/12 flower on the 27th.

My question is, should i top them at the 5th or 6th node and let them go until the 30th? there all going in a 4x4 tent and there already in there final 12L pots.

Yield is a must on these as this is will be the last garden grow im harvesting this year and for the majority of next, i would be happy to yield 16oz thats 2oz per plant, in my head it seems easy but id like others opinions.

For the 1st 3-4 weeks they will be under a 600w then the final weeks there will be 2 600w hps lights in cool hoods above them.
Defo top them suckers if yield is what ya after

I have just topped them, they all have 4-5 nodes now and the most important part is there all now very much similar height.
Sweet. Yer that topping will slow down the stretch aswell and get better node stacking for when it comes to flower

I will let them recover for a week then flip them on the 27th, they look really small still but having said that, the branches may have caught up by that time.
Yer definitely. You'll see noticable growth on them lowers in the next 24h if your girls are happy and healthy and from the looks of it they are very happy

Yeah thats due to the amount of lights i have running, having 2 hps lights in one room 1 in another and they all blow towards these plants so if i had put a hps above these it would be like living in the dessert in my home :p.

Yeah ill drop it a touch, or maybe i should add the 300w cfl too? its got a flowering cfl bulb in though.

The reason for the height is because of the light span for all 8.

Yeah thats due to the amount of lights i have running, having 2 hps lights in one room 1 in another and they all blow towards these plants so if i had put a hps above these it would be like living in the dessert in my home :p.

Yeah ill drop it a touch, or maybe i should add the 300w cfl too? its got a flowering cfl bulb in though.

The reason for the height is because of the light span for all 8.
Ahhh i see. Yer an extra light in there wouldnt hurt bud but good to see ya thinking about temps and ish. Keep monitoring your babys n try and figure out what they are saying to ya :D

Are you in a rush? Why not get a shape that you are happy with before flipping to flower? That way your Colas will get maximum benefit from the stretch.

Yes sort of in a rush, i need to be finished for around the 1st of november i will be happy if they grow to around 20" tall as long as they are fairly even in height give or take a few inches its fine.

So say by the 27th-30th they grow there new branches, im sure i should achieve 20" after stretch surely? saying that iv never grew the strain so, the other thing is the space between them with having 8 they only have around 16"x16" of space each, sounds a lot but when you think, you will loose 2" right the way around the plant straight away for better airflow and there own space, 16oz is the target, with 1200w of hps i may get 20-25oz if they become a little bigger, great thing is they have been in there final 12L pots for around 2 weeks so another week and they should be bedded in quite nice.

Back
Top Bottom