To transplant or not to transplant?

funkadelic

Okay straight to the point after having now confirmed my plant is a female i am over the moon, there are pistils everywhere.

Only thing is now i am starting to see a few roots poke out through my drainage holes (just a couple) and i am starting to wonder if i should transplant whilst still early on in the flowering stage, but i would like to avoid transplanting altogether.

i currently have her in a 2 gallon pot that she has been in for about 2 weeks maybe slightly longer but not much longer then that. Do we think she will survive until harvest or shall i transplant into a 3 or even 4 gallon pots (which will mean purchasing more soil and pots)

She is only 15" tall is it worth transplanting or will she be able to survive and provide a decent yield as she is shes about a week into flowering now 3 weeks 12/12 (today being the first day of the 3rd week) shes seems to have stopped growing in height and focusing more on bud sites and pistils

hope this info helps and thanks in advance PEACE

I would transplant. But not too big. A three gallon pot
There's a rough rule of thumb which is one gallon per foot of height, and I do think you'd be ok with 2 gallons, but I like to go a bit larger. Transplanting it won't hurt or stall the plant.
As for the roots poking out though, that's not necessarily a sign of it being root bound, IMO. They do that. :) When in doubt, I transplant.

Back
Top Bottom