Today is the day!

twistedlefty

420 Member
just received my Med card, and planning my first visit to a dispensary here in Missouri.
Kansas city Cannabis in Kearney, Mo. is closest, so i thought i would try that one first

Kansas City Cannabis

probably start with a sativa dominant strain, but any advice is valuable and appreciated.
prices seem high, but i will likely splurge.
edibles, and concentrates are new to me.

what would you advise?

Are you looking for a strain for getting high or for medical?

Personally, I don't like the taste of cannabis so the edibles are out for me. Additionally, I have an extremely high tolerance and most gummy packages just don't contain enough product for me to get high.

I looked on your dispensary's website and if I were going to buy anything for getting high, I would buy some Sour Tangie flower based on this description:

Tangie, also known as "Sunva," is a popular sativa marijuana strain. Bred by DNA Genetics’ Sour Tangie is an 80% sativa cross between East Coast Sour Diesel and Tangie. Sour Tangie brings together the classic Sour Diesel aroma with Tangie’s creative, elevating buzz and strong citrus overtones. This sativa has two different phenotypes that express either Sour Diesel or Tangie bud structures and effects. Sour Tangie grows quickly in its vegetative cycle and finishes flowering in 9 to 10 weeks indoors.

I am avoiding edibles, vapes, concentrates for now
need more info before diving down that rabbithole.

i learned so much yesterday from searching these boards, that i got a case of analysis paralysis.
great info, just so much made me ask even more questions.

I am growing my own soon, so this turned into research shopping more than anything.

decided to start with some sativa/sativa dominant strains (flower)
and they had 2 that looked like possible candidates for the grow.
Clementine, and Purple Diesel.
the THCa amount listed was way higher then what Leafly says, but i can see where that would vary

for bedtime or relaxing i picked up a gram of Bubba Fet

so far i've only tried my darling Clementine, and i am impressed

thanks so much for the replies and advice

magadead.jpg

Are you looking for a strain for getting high or for medical?

Personally, I don't like the taste of cannabis so the edibles are out for me. Additionally, I have an extremely high tolerance and most gummy packages just don't contain enough product for me to get high.

I looked on your dispensary's website and if I were going to buy anything for getting high, I would buy some Sour Tangie flower based on this description:

Tangie, also known as "Sunva," is a popular sativa marijuana strain. Bred by DNA Genetics’ Sour Tangie is an 80% sativa cross between East Coast Sour Diesel and Tangie. Sour Tangie brings together the classic Sour Diesel aroma with Tangie’s creative, elevating buzz and strong citrus overtones. This sativa has two different phenotypes that express either Sour Diesel or Tangie bud structures and effects. Sour Tangie grows quickly in its vegetative cycle and finishes flowering in 9 to 10 weeks indoors.
Don't know what to say to that. I guess if you can stand the Diesel tasting weed it's OK. Haven't found a Diesel strain yet I liked the taste of. Hopefully the Tangie over powers the Diesel. I'm pretty old school (60 yrs. old) so I like weed that tastes like weed or hash myself. I also prefer Indica over Sativa 90% of the time. I guess it all depends on what you like really.

Only edibles I've had that had a strong weed taste are the ones I make. The ones in the dispensary aren't all that strong tasting. At least none I've bought so far.

I am avoiding edibles, vapes, concentrates for now
need more info before diving down that rabbithole.

i learned so much yesterday from searching these boards, that i got a case of analysis paralysis.
great info, just so much made me ask even more questions.

I am growing my own soon, so this turned into research shopping more than anything.

decided to start with some sativa/sativa dominant strains (flower)
and they had 2 that looked like possible candidates for the grow.
Clementine, and Purple Diesel.
the THCa amount listed was way higher then what Leafly says, but i can see where that would vary

for bedtime or relaxing i picked up a gram of Bubba Fet

so far i've only tried my darling Clementine, and i am impressed

thanks so much for the replies and advice

magadead.jpg
When deciding which type of weed you'll like best don't only go by THC content. It is important, but it's the 2nd most important thing. Terpene Profile makes a huge difference. Different strains have different Terpenes in them. Different Terpenes cause different effects (highs, pain relief, help sleeping, etc.). Check out Cannabis Terpene Profiles on Leafly & you'll get a better idea of what weed you will like for your needs.

When deciding which type of weed you'll like best don't only go by THC content. It is important, but it's the 2nd most important thing. Terpene Profile makes a huge difference. Different strains have different Terpenes in them. Different Terpenes cause different effects (highs, pain relief, help sleeping, etc.). Check out Cannabis Terpene Profiles on Leafly & you'll get a better idea of what weed you will like for your needs.

I totally agree with you on this. I purposely look for strains that are high in caryophyllene, terpinolene and humulene as I find these terpenes work best for me. I just wish there was one reputable source for listing the terpenes for each strain. I spend a lot of time looking for this info.

i am learning about terpene profiles, mixes etc.
so much to learn

I totally agree with you on this. I purposely look for strains that are high in caryophyllene, terpinolene and humulene as I find these terpenes work best for me. I just wish there was one reputable source for listing the terpenes for each strain. I spend a lot of time looking for this info.
I agree. I wish the seedbanks listed the Terpenes in each strain. Only a few of them give any Terpene info. so you have to find that out 1st.

Back
Top Bottom