Toes

Hola, I'm Toes... here it grows...

What strain is it?.... Juicy Fruit
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?....Hybrid
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?...Veg
If in Veg... For how long?... 1 day
Indoor or outdoor?... Outdoor
Soil or Hydro?...Soil
If soil... what is in your mix?... Suwanee River Organic compost (cow manure and "forest material")
If soil... What size pot?...4" Azalea
PH of media or res?...??
Any Pests ?...Not Yet
How often are you watering?...When needed
Type and strength of ferts used?...Chicken litter & feather meal...7-1-2

OK so, I was going to be moving back to the ol' family farm, I hit up an old but good friend and asked him if he had any seeds to spare. "OFC", he replied, over some pale ale and a Killer Guava spliff, "for you you Toes anything :)". First part to the hand-me-down project comes into play.

He told me his Miami friends just hooked him up w/ approx 20-25 Juicy Fruit seeds, which, he started about a month ago, (probably when I should of started, but...) out of 15, 14 were female, and he only had about 6 left. I took them, and now My story begins...~;^)

I lurked the forum for a minute to decide the best way to start my new crop, I decided to germinate inside with moist paper towels in an old metal box I had lying around. Since I've had success with this method before, I knew I would get these little guys to sprout in no time. After couple of days the babies were about a half inch long in this metal box, so I have to plant.

Second part of the hand-me-down project is, I'm on a budget, so I'm using whatever is not tied down around here on the fam's farm. So far, I have this Suwanee River Organic Compost made of cow manure and "forest material" (bags and bags of it!), and some chicken litter/feather meal fertilizer (also in plenitude). I found six 4" Azalea pots and with the business end of a pencil poked a hole in the compost an inch deep, (thanks:reading420magazine: to the 420 :reading420magazine:forums) VERY carefully I placed the "bean" sprouts in their homes. I've watered until the water drains out of the holes and have took a mental note of the weight difference...

Toes_baby.jpg

Toes_babies.jpg

Here they come!!

So... I'm over there reading Irishboy's Inferno HERE and I am going to facing similar situations with my heat. Although I am growing outdoors I feel I need to add silica to my babies...

I have a question?? when should I add silica?? Is it too late? I plan on transplanting to 5 gal buckets ( yet another item I have lying around here) when the girls get roots showing through the bottom of their present 4" Azaleas. Your advice is invaluable.

Mad reeeeespect :peacetwo:

...It is so hot outside right now... you growing in the shade?...SG

I kno right, It was 96* in the shade @ 11am the day these babies went into dirt. Nice to see some one else from Florida. :ciao:

My friends advice ( the one where these seeds came from ) was to give em plenty of morning and early afternoon sun, then move them to a shady spot in the mid and late noon... I've learnt a little from lurking the Inferno thread and I feel if I can establish a good cool root my babies will make it in this hot a$$ state. :smokin:

I kno right, It was 96* in the shade @ 11am the day these babies went into dirt. Nice to see some one else from Florida. :ciao:

My friends advice ( the one where these seeds came from ) was to give em plenty of morning and early afternoon sun, then move them to a shady spot in the mid and late noon... I've learnt a little from lurking the Inferno thread and I feel if I can establish a good cool root my babies will make it in this hot a$$ state. :smokin:

True my location is within the name, I run hydro though however the power save would be nice...

SG

I run hydro though however the power save would be nice...SG

That's what I'm all about...on the cheapy cheap :Rasta:

Oh, I almost forgot to mention... this is my absolute first grow. I've germinated bagseeds B4, just kooking around. Usually, I have nothing to put them in or space to grow. I'm sure if I wasn't at the farm, I'd be looking into hydro, especially after finding this fantastic site.

I keep my little ones happy so far by setting them out in morning to early afternoon sun from 7 AM to 1 AM. The babies are in direct sunlight, then I put them under the shady parts on our deck when the heat gets above 90*. They really seem to like this...However, I may have made a mistake in my soil... it's mostly the cow manure compost. But, so far so good. I'm gonna take moar pics soon.

Reeespect 420 massive and crew

Hey there Toes. Glad to hear that you have chosen the strain Juicy Fruit. Or got hooked up with strain from a friend more like it. I think I have something that you will be most most most interested in! I too am growing Juicy Fruit. British Columbia ( Canada ) B.C. Juicy Fruit to be exact! ***P.S. BC Buds Strains are some of the best in the world!***
I have started a grow journal with a video timeline for you to watch how this strain grows and also I'm sure you can get tons of tips and pointers for you to use in the future. Maybe even give you some awesome Ideas. Here is the link to the actual Thread. Hope this helps and have fun... Feel free to comment as well dude!

Stealth Armoire Grow Box/ First Time Grower / BC Juicy Fruit! Video

Also here are the videos and some pics for you to check out as well. I truly hope that you enjoy and stay posted on this awesom Grow!

YouTube - Grow Box Armoire Stealth-First Grow-B.C. Juicy Fruit! #1
YouTube - Grow Box Armoire Stealth-First Grow-B.C. Juicy Fruit! #2
YouTube - Grow Box Armoire Stealth-First Grow-B.C. Juicy Fruit! #3
YouTube - Grow Box Armoire Stealth-First Grow-B.C. Juicy Fruit! #4

Hey JuicyFruit4me (JF4M),
Thanks for pop-in drop-by. I had been admiring your Journal from afar. I really like that stealth Armoire approach. You've earned a place in my bookmarks, even before the pop n' drop...:)

Keep up the good woerk.

Thanks Toes. I'm glad your digging my journal. I feel bad for you having to deal with all of that crazy ass FL heat down there. Must make things very difficult. Moving your plants all round the place to get them out of the sun and into shade constantly must be a real pain in the ass.... Any chance of you being able to set it up indoors where you can control the environment and harvest a nicer grow with out the worry of heat stress and pests?

...Any chance of you being able to set it up indoors where you can control the environment and harvest a nicer grow with out the worry of heat stress and pests?

Man, funny you should ask, I was just outside getting some yard work done, there's a lot of yard here, and I was scoping out some possible indoor spots. We have about 1/2 dozen different sheds/barns. I'm thinking about the future..:)

So, There's not much going on right now...just waiting. Patience is a virtue...:ganjamon:

However, I feel the need to spruce up my thread. Maybe decorate a little with some pics of some great Ganj I've been lucky enough to come across...

Here's some of the Skunk...
Skunk_Toes.jpg

And this is the Mango Haze I just couldn't get enough of...
Mango_Toes.jpg

Cheers

Looks pretty tasty!

SG

Aw Man...The Skunk was sooooo stinky, the misses would fake vomit every time I opened the desk drawer, where I kept the glass jar, where I kept the Ganj in!

The Mango was some of the finest Ganj I've ever smoked. The high was so clean, it totally eliminated all my pain. I could work 15 hours a day, non-stop on that kind. An elbow of that would make a junkie quit cold turkey ;)

:ganjamon:

Aw Man...The Skunk was sooooo stinky, the misses would fake vomit every time I opened the desk drawer, where I kept the glass jar, where I kept the Ganj in!

The Mango was some of the finest Ganj I've ever smoked. The high was so clean, it totally eliminated all my pain. I could work 15 hours a day, non-stop on that kind. An elbow of that would make a junkie quit cold turkey ;)

:ganjamon:

My boy has been elbows of the new G13 haze or whatever that stuff is crazy.

SG

Back
Top Bottom