Toes' Juicy Fruit Hybrid Hand-Me-Down 2010

So how are you doing with the heat down there toes? Keeping the Juicy Fruit protected and happy?

So how are you doing with the heat down there toes? Keeping the Juicy Fruit protected and happy?

Yessir, I think I've got the perfect spot (for now), Nice and sunny all the way till the sun is directly overhead, then it's shaded, but around 5 pm the sun beams directly through on the other side.

It's so cute to watch my babies turn their little leafs from east to west to soak up all that sun. Also, I've been misting them periodically throughout the hottest part.

It's not TOO bad lately, 90* in the hottest part of the day and it gets to be mid 70's at night. But with the breeze...I'm out in it all day.

I'm going over there to check out your little ones..,

Reespect :ganjamon:

Dirty fingers, Dirty Toes....

So almost time for a transplant. I plan on using this stuff.

Toes_compost.jpg

Here is some wormy rich soil I dug up from the "secret" worm spot. The farm has excellent fishing night crawlers, if you know where to find 'em. So I figured I should use some of the dirt. I mostly just skimmed off the top, not to disturb the whole bed

Toes_wormdirt.jpg

Toes_dirt.jpg

Last but not least...the Kiddos.

Toes_side.jpg

Toes_topview.jpg

Toes_familyview.jpg

Toes_view.jpg

All good so far. I thought I saw some mite webs but, a closer look, it is just webs from a traveling spider. The web seems thicker than the mites' and it is from one side of the planter to the other.

When my Perlite gets here I will be transplanting to larger pots. Also, I've PH tested the soil mix, mixed it all up, the worm dirt, compost, organic nutes, and the Artesian water supply I will be using. Everything mixed together tested at a 7.0. ( it was just the cheapo, one time use, test tube from the depot )

It's the "Hybrid" hand-me-down, so I can BUY some things....

Any and ALL comments welcome :welcome:

Reespect :ganjamon:

All that land and only 6 plants! OMG! Plus you dont even know how many males you might have. Dude get growin! Looking good so far! How long ago did they sprout again?

Looking and sounding great. You've got a good plan going there and a great place to grow!

I think your pH might be a little high. And you've prolly got lots of N to start with in those mixes, but you might need to seriously augment for P and K later.

Keep it up - good stuff!

:nicethread::peace:

All that land and only 6 plants! OMG! Plus you dont even know how many males you might have. Dude get growin! Looking good so far! How long ago did they sprout again?

JF4M,
Preesh.

They cracked on the 15th, stuck in the ground on the 18th, good 15 days old. We'll see how tomorrow goes:smokin:

Looking and sounding great. You've got a good plan going there and a great place to grow!

I think your pH might be a little high. And you've prolly got lots of N to start with in those mixes, but you might need to seriously augment for P and K later.

Keep it up - good stuff!

:nicethread::peace:

Papa Green,
Welcome to the Hybrid hand-me-down!:welcome:

Hold on... lemme... :smokin:

Ok, so I think I have a solution to my PH deal. Lemon Juice :reading420magazine::reading420magazine:seen it mentioned
I have no idea how much, or how to apply. If I were to guess...use it during waterings, but, how often? I think I may need some moar :nomo: r3search timetime.

the N and K I will get before flowing, I think that's when they're most crucial.

Just wanted to let you know that there is a new VIDEO ACTION UP DATE MAN! New suprises for you! Check it out Bro!... Anything new on your end?

Just wanted to let you know that there is a new VIDEO ACTION UP DATE MAN! New suprises for you! Check it out Bro!... Anything new on your end?

I checked out the video update, those plants are looking strong. You have a nice set up, I'm taking notes for winter.:)

I left for the night, when I came home and found one of my little ones had some type of leaf eating bastard rip up the tip of it's first true leaf, I thought to myself; "this only happens to other people, not ME"

I quickly came to reality and needed to make a plan. After a quick check on the Cannabis Plant Pest Problem Solver Pictorial I recognized these to be Leaf Miners. OK. Hard to get rid of but not impossible;e

I trimmed off the damaged leafs, then, I mixed up a batch of homemade pest control, consisting of:
1/2 t lemon dish detergent ( the laureth is a common additive in "soap" pest controllers)

1/4 t Extra Virgin Olive Oil ( I've read Rosemary oil is best, but all we had here was the good stuff)

a pinch of cayenne pepper ( added to the water before heating, red pepper gets hotter when it...well, gets hotter)

1 Q of warm water.

Since I know a little about emulsification ( how oil and water DO mix ) I did my mixture in steps.

cayenne --> water --> microwave for 2 mins until the water is aprox 110-120* or hot enough to touch, but still pretty hot ---> I let this then come back down to room temp before...

I got my trusty whisk and started beating the water vigorously ( a blender would have been key) ---> slowly adding the oil slowly. What were trying to do is, use the addition of air created by whisking the water to capture the oil droplets and suspend the two together---> then add soap.

Detergents will physically interact with both oil and water, thus stabilizing the interface between oil or water droplets in suspension.

Some brand name, all natural, organic, EXPENSIVE remedies use the same principal but they add an extra emulsifying agent like Polyglyceryl Oleate for shelf stability.

Trust me, just buy some Rosemary Oil ($4) and some Lauric Acid ( aka "soap") Coconut oil ($4-$8) is a good source of this saturated fatty acid. Then emulsify with water.

The pepper is up to you. I added it to get even with these little Bastards.

Mist the solution on the plants ( be safe, always test a little spot first, perhaps someone else's plants).

I am only kidding about the whole someone else's plants thing.

But seriously, I would use your mix on the FERN first, to make sure you mixed it right, before going ape sh1t all over your hard work.

I read somewhere to rinse it off after 40 mins. and only use once a week as a precaution. But with an infestation, use daily.

I can only hope I got 'em, but I am now prepared for the next time. :)

can you recommend a indoor hydro kit? cheap.. maybe to start off with 3 clones at a time. I heard -, there are kits for about $250 in Long Beach?

p.s. - good luck with your Juicy Fruit hybrid.. this hybrid sounds great. .

can you recommend a indoor hydro kit? cheap.. maybe to start off with 3 clones at a time. I heard -, there are kits for about $250 in Long Beach?

p.s. - good luck with your Juicy Fruit hybrid.. this hybrid sounds great. .

czarLION welcome to the hybrid hand me down :welcome:

Sorry, I am a noob when it comes to hydro. More of an outdoors type. Been growing non-cannabis plants for years.

My homie SanibelGreen uses the Stealth Hydro Deep Water Culture kit. Plus, I'm sure your hydro ventures would become a lot cheaper if you follow Roseman's DIY Deep Water Culture tutorial found HERE.

Thanks for the pop in, stop by.

ok. thanks bro.. i'm gonna check out dat tutorial.. rasta !!!!!
czarLION welcome to the hybrid hand me down :welcome:

Sorry, I am a noob when it comes to hydro. More of an outdoors type. Been growing non-cannabis plants for years.

My homie SanibelGreen uses the Stealth Hydro Deep Water Culture kit. Plus, I'm sure your hydro ventures would become a lot cheaper if you follow Roseman's DIY Deep Water Culture tutorial found HERE.

Thanks for the pop in, stop by.

Hey Toes great setup! I'd love to have a farm.

We've got the opposite problem, I'm moving my plants all over to try and get more sun.

One thing I can tell you is that if you're starting off wrong it's much better to be a little high on the ph. You'll want to test yours but I use MG Bloom something and it's VERY acidic. On top of that as your soil and manure breakdown they will tend to also acidify the soil. So for the last month whenever I water or feed the plants I use PH Up get the ph to at least 6.8. I don't worry if it looks a little higher and so far the plants have responded well. I only have the test strips so it's only so accurate anyhow. I've read that you want the PH of your runoff water to be 6.8 if possible.

Hope you get all females!

Hey Toes great setup! I'd love to have a farm.

We've got the opposite problem, I'm moving my plants all over to try and get more sun.

One thing I can tell you is that if you're starting off wrong it's much better to be a little high on the ph. You'll want to test yours but I use MG Bloom something and it's VERY acidic. On top of that as your soil and manure breakdown they will tend to also acidify the soil. So for the last month whenever I water or feed the plants I use PH Up get the ph to at least 6.8. I don't worry if it looks a little higher and so far the plants have responded well. I only have the test strips so it's only so accurate anyhow. I've read that you want the PH of your runoff water to be 6.8 if possible.

Hope you get all females!

BlueDog,

Appreciate you visiting the hybrid hand me down, my friend. And the pH advice.I

I am getting my Perlite this weekend, while at the hydro shop I might get a better pH tester.

Some of the pH charts I read say 6.8 to 7.0 is ideal for MJ and others say 6.5. So, I can live with a 7 for right now, however two of the babies are starting to show evidence of a mag deficiency. Necro tips. Oh well, all may be better when I transplant.

Back
Top Bottom