Tokeman1's 2k Hydro H20 Cooled Tent

lookin excellent Toke!

Glad to see you have the covers over the buckets. That will drop your res temp a good bit as I have tested and found.

That's a great point. I need to start doing this like... 3 grows ago, lol. :thumb:

Tokeman, can't wait to follow along! It looks like you've put a lot of effort into your system, and it's very well thought out from what I see. Great job! Everything looks wonderful so far.

:bravo:

One note to consider, if those are clones and known to be female, in other words if you're going to flower all those together as is, you'll need to flower pretty early to keep from outgrowing your space. I don't know what your plan is for training them or topping them, etc., but I think you have a lot in there given how big they are likely to become. I'm pretty crowded right now myself, but I'm expecting to cull at least one or two before it's said and done. Hope you don't mind me throwing that out there.

Again, nice job so far. :thumb:

Right on Xlr8 I was hoping you'd come by sooner or later. As I was explaining to A! your journals made me decide on going with the flo n gro. Yeah so if this tent jungles out of control, technically its on you bro! Really though I want to get your guys advice as this has been concerning me with the quick and immediate growth. I am used to sil so I put together a calendar with a 4 week veg plan. Now I am thinking I might need to make the switch at week 2 instead...

So here is what I am stuck on - I was planning on letting these ladies grow with some lower pruning and not much else to get a base line on what these girls can yield. Once I get comfortable with start to finish on this strain, I thought I would start experimenting with ubt and heavy defoliation not as extreme as Bassman's latest, put definitely aggressive. I have no experience with these newer techniques only topping and bending. So the question is am I being stupid here and missing on the opportunity to substantially increase my yield, or is a little prudence and patience the smart choice and I am not being overly paranoid that I will fuck up this crop by experimenting on my first run? I feel like I have decide one way or another right now, so any advice from any of you folk would really be appreciated It is clear you guys know your shit and I appreciate the chance to have so much access to your methods and help. Peace out

I can chime in a bit here since we are growing in the same size tents.
How long you can veg depends all on what the strain does. Any of my God Bud plants I could veg for 6 weeks as they grow very short and bushy. Any sativa I would veg for 3 no more then 4 weeks max. The indicas are a bit more tricky, again depending on strain. I generally grow them 4 to 5 weeks though 5 sometimes seem to be a bit much. If I can see they are getting a tad tall I will bend them to make them a bit or good bit shorter.
I would suggest to UBT the lovin shit outta those plants. I do it every single grow. Some plants once and the taller plants twice.

These plants will grow much faster on you then in soil. One of the perks of doing hydro!

Thanks A! - yeah I went ahead and did an initial FIM on the girls. Prob. going to wait til next go to try UBT. I am thinking I will need to shorten veg from 4 weeks to 2-3. I'll have a better feel next week and decide then since I am changing nutes then.

So do you see a lot of droopiness during the 1 hour cycle of your gas light routine? I know that plants droop during dark period, but at the start of the 12 hour cycle everything is perky and fresh at first light. My feed cycle is 15 minutes after lights on, another at middle, and last feed about 45 minutes before lights out. Each feeding is for 15 minutes and no feeding during 1 hour cycle.

The only difference in our feeding schedule is I feed mine for half an hour and I start feeding mine 15 minutes before lights on.
They are quite droppy during the dark period. You have nothing to worry about my friend!

So I noticed on only one plant that I am getting some leaf twist. My RH is constantly reading low, and honestly I kind of think the sensor or readings are bogus. (Ecoplus combo temp and RH). thing is it gets as low as 30% according to the monitor. I do see a little bit of leaf edges curling up, and I spray about once a day with RO water. Think this is RH related or something else? Or am I just worrying prematurely?

I don't think RH is a problem. I don't see anything to be much worried about in your pics, honestly. I'd stick to the plan at this point - looks good to me. If it were me, I wouldn't mist them. Not sure if it really hurts anything, but I don't think it'll do much for you positively. My RH is much lower and it hasn't been a problem for me.

I plan on pruning at some point and have been removing small lower growth and anything I feel is getting of the way of bushing these out. I have no plans at this point to install a screen as I like to be able to move the pots around to encourage even growth. I just don't have the guts yet to really cut on these girls like I see in many top journals, so I will see how training goes and will develop what works best for me - with a shit ton of input from the forum folks and friends here. Thanks again btw to all of you.

Right on Xlr8 I was hoping you'd come by sooner or later. As I was explaining to A! your journals made me decide on going with the flo n gro. Yeah so if this tent jungles out of control, technically its on you bro! Really though I want to get your guys advice as this has been concerning me with the quick and immediate growth. I am used to sil so I put together a calendar with a 4 week veg plan. Now I am thinking I might need to make the switch at week 2 instead...

So here is what I am stuck on - I was planning on letting these ladies grow with some lower pruning and not much else to get a base line on what these girls can yield. Once I get comfortable with start to finish on this strain, I thought I would start experimenting with ubt and heavy defoliation not as extreme as Bassman's latest, put definitely aggressive. I have no experience with these newer techniques only topping and bending. So the question is am I being stupid here and missing on the opportunity to substantially increase my yield, or is a little prudence and patience the smart choice and I am not being overly paranoid that I will fuck up this crop by experimenting on my first run? I feel like I have decide one way or another right now, so any advice from any of you folk would really be appreciated It is clear you guys know your shit and I appreciate the chance to have so much access to your methods and help. Peace out

Sorry I missed this post initially, Tokeman. In general, I like the idea of you grow them out without a lot of topping or training this first round while you get your groove going and learn the system, etc. IF... you aren't counting on the harvest for money or something, or really need the meds to max-yield. If you have some growing experience behind you though, you'll find that topping, defoliating etc. are really good ways to improve yield and control height. As long as your plants are healthy to begin with - this is key - they bounce back from just about anything you throw at them pretty quickly.

Having said all that, just trust your gut and how you want to do things - and follow your instincts. You'll know when you're ready to try to add a new technique to the tool belt. Growing should be fun, and gaining confidence at a pace your comfortable with can be a part of keeping it fun. Again, unless it's a business for you, then yield is a larger priority. Don't be afraid to jump in though, because they often respond very positively to being manipulated, topped, plucked, whacked around... so it's not something to worry about as far as screwing your plants up...

I know the post was a bit old, but wanted to chime in with all that. I see you did some fimming? I've never felt like I knew what I was doing when I fimmed, so I stick to traditional topping. Are you seeing results from the FIM yet?

They look good - how much light are you throwing at them now? Keep up the good work! :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom