Tolerance question

Melty

Hey guys, my first post here.
I've been making edibles here recently but have been failing. From brownies to firecrackers to even bhang milk. The first time I made brownies, it was my only successful time and I did indeed blast off to space. Was throwing up and felt literally wasted. Now two years later, I've made several attempts and keep failing. and I'm wondering what i'm doing wrong. I'm sure I'm burning the weed or not getting it hot enough but that's cause my stove is a POS. But I'm using the double boiler method with a candy therm this time to make sure. My question is, I used 7gs of Chem OG the only time I've made it successful, do you think 6gs of Ak47 is enough for 3 large servings?

I seriously think my tolerance is too high and that's why I'm not feeling my edibles. I've eaten 1.5gs of Ak47 in a firecracker and got a slight buzz if that. I smoke at least 1-2 grams of top shelf everyday. Do you think my tolerance is too high and I need to up the dosage in my edibles? I also weigh about 250lbs if that helps.

I'm seriously going to pick up some Lecithin, I've read nothing but great results. Hopefully this cure my problem.

It sounds like your tolerance has risen to epic levels! It's inevitable if you partake several times every day over extended periods. Normally even less than 1g prime stuff in a cookie should be enough if it's properly prepared.

It might also be a combination of tolerance and ineffective extraction. In order to activate the cannabinoids (by decarboxylation) they need heat (or extended dry periods) but too much heat will evaporate them and leave you with almost nothing left. When you make butter try leaving the trim longer in the butter while in the double boiler. It will not harm the THC if you keep it at boiling temperature but it might give you a more complete extraction (I don't know what your regular routine is like).

I've also heard about lechitin but never tried it so can't comment.

If nothing works consider taking short but regular breaks. Even one week off and your tolerance goes down significantly. If you can't due to medical conditions you simply must increase dose. I would consider super concentrates like oil etc that contains up to 60-70% of the good stuff. If even those fail your receptors are broken lol!

Anyway I wish you good luck! :thumb:

Also, are you using the same strain all the time?? I hear people say, "All I smoke is .... " because it works well for thier symptoms etc. Problem is you get strain locked after a while. You have to smoke so much just to feel it. But, if you mix up your strains often enough, this won't happen as much. Every time I smoke a new strain (for the first time) ..... I get really really high. But, after a couple weeks of smoking the same stuff day in and day out, I eventaully get nothing from it. If I simply try a different strain, I'm good again for a while. If I put away that old strain and don't smoke it for a while. And, then go back and smoke it again after a month of so, it's all good again. Just keep mixing it up. And, take some medication breaks from time to time. Get yourself some Rick simpson oil. Take 3 to 4 days off the dried meds and/or concentrates. Just take the Rick Simpson Oil for those 3-4 days and don't smoke or vape anything. That will also help you reset your tolerance. Kit Teas also makes a tolerance tea. It a medicated tea, but it helps cleans your system and helps reset your tolerance.

Also make sure you are not heating your herb, butter or oil hotter than 200 degrees. After 200 degrees, you start actaully vaporizing your compounds out of the weed. If you are decarbing your weed at like 350 degrees on a cookie sheet for half an hour before you try to cook with it. Then, you are vaprorizing the THC and CBD's out of your weed. Making it very weak and not potent at all.

Concentrates like oil, waxes, hash etc are great. But, if you start dabbing, you are going to push your tolerance even higher. Then, if you regularly dab, you won't be able to high on dry flowers unless you smoke a shitload of it. I only use concentrates when the pain is really bad or I really really need to sleep. I do dab every now and then just for fun. But not very often. It's the kind of thing I want to keep as a treat. So, when I do dab, it really hits hard and works well. But, if I were to dab all the time, it would lose it's magic.

Oh .... by the way. Edibles very really do much for me. I have to eat alot of them to feel it. unless they are really really strong. Mostly just put me to sleep if they are strong.

Back
Top Bottom