Tolerance?

MarkOfCainBand

So, I have been smoking a lot, and last week, wednesday, thursday and friday when I smoke I would smoke 2 or 3 bowls (one bowl of the stuff I buy usually gets me fairly messed up) and was high, but not messed up, maybe a rather heavy buzz, but thats it. So I decided it would be a good idea to not smoke for a while, so I haven't smoke since friday at 10 am. How long do you think I should wait to smoke again? I don't want to smoke to early because I am almost dry and don't get paid for another week. I am thinking I should be good by friday.

What do you all think?

wait a few weeks to a month or so to get a clean slate

you just want to stop so you get a good buzz again?

just wait like a week for a nice buzz when you smoke

..thats what I do when I'm running low.

Well, I can get a fairly decent buzz now, but I miss how I could get really messed up off of the stuff I buy from just a bowl or so (like, couchlock, eyes barely open, barely finish a sentence type of high) it is amazing stuff, one hit shit good. So I want to be able to get that high from a bowl, maybe a little more again. Should I wait the amount of time to where I could pass a drug test, or can it be a shorter amount of time.

ive been smoking just straight kifs bowls all day every day for the past two and half weeks... i dont even feel this last one i smoked 10 minutes ago so im thinking my tolerance is shot and maybe its time to take it easy and perhaps even go on a short break

yeah tolerance can be a bitch, especially if your broke

but if your not willing to take a break try working out, it really helps lower tolerance and its damn healthy for you as well

My tolerance is fucking high as shit. Ever since I got my Volcano I've been vaping like a madman, especially since everyone wants to try it and are willing to smoke me out (I swear, it's paid for itself).

I'm taking a one month break though, because I hate not being able to get very high.

right b4 i signed on right now i was thinkin the same thing lol. im thinkin about goin at least a couple weeks or mayb a month. it will b the longest ive gone since i started smoking about 2 yrs ago. ima go smoke for the last time b4 the break starts ,the only way ill b able 2 get through is thinkin about that first hit a month from now lol :bong: :cheesygrinsmiley: good luck 2 anyone else takein a break

i seem to think/notice using the same piece also causes problems. using a bong for a while, then going pipe for me at least makes a big difference.

You know, I've kinda noticed that too except I don't know what to think about it. It seems like there should be no reason why it makes a difference, and I think its all in my head.

Well, I can get a fairly decent buzz now, but I miss how I could get really messed up off of the stuff I buy from just a bowl or so (like, couchlock, eyes barely open, barely finish a sentence type of high) it is amazing stuff, one hit shit good. So I want to be able to get that high from a bowl, maybe a little more again. Should I wait the amount of time to where I could pass a drug test, or can it be a shorter amount of time.

Wait at least 2 weeks, 3 is better and a month is perfect.

^^ I agree ^^ ............. & imo some strains are more sucseptible to your tolerence issues. So sometimes it might just a matter of trying something new instead of quitting....switch from indica bud to sativa or vice versa.

Remember, we don't all have the luxury of knowing the specific strain of the bud we buy, not to mention the genetics.

Even just a couple of days off after months of daily smoking will make a noticeable difference. New weed, new pipes, and new environments are all ways to improve your buzz, even if only temporarily. The best way is to just quit for a while though.

As for the new locations making you higher, there has been studies on it, sort of. They discovered that people using another, highly addictive, potentially lethal drug, may not actually be doing enough to OD when they do, but that they did it in a different location than normal. Apparently the brain associates a certain place with getting high, and so kinda braces itself for it, if that makes any sense. So these these people, with real heavy tolerances, were going somewhere new and doing it, and their body wasn't ready for it, so the amount that they've done for weeks or months past ends up killing them.

It's some weird shit, man.

I remember reading somewhere (no recollection of where though) that if you always smoke in the same place, then smoking in a new location can have an effect also.

I wish I could remember more about where I'd read it and what the reason for it was, but it's been a few years since I read it. :smokin:
Even with the best bud, eventually it won't get me as high. If you have an opportunity to change up and smoke something else, you may very well get that same high you want.

I don't know about everyone, but you can almost smoke yourself straight. If you are smoking and smoking and not getting any higher, then stop!!! Save your bud, because you are wasting it.

An observation -
Going to the clubs that have chill areas, I'll twist up a joint or bring my pipe. That ride home is usually like being in a spaceship. I would be incredibly high. Then later at home, I'll smoke a joint and swear it didn't get me high. I think it's because you are now in a comfortable area where you are very familiar with your surroundings, and you are functional there. But then you see your neighbor outside and try to carry on an intelligent conversation with them, while suffering from the giggles and a bad case of cottonmouth. Then you realize just how high you really are. Lol, but maybe that's just me!

Like Stoney said, find another place to smoke it, and see how high you get. If it still doesn't work for you, then cut down or take a break entirely.

:smokin: Peace and highness

like someone said...a month is a perfect break...now ill never be able to stop smoking the ganj for a month...mainly because i love it so much....but if you dont have the same emotional attatchments as i do then you might be able to do it lol

I haven't smoked anything for four months now, my tolerance will be somewhere in the gutter... Been without for so long now I actually didn't miss it after a while.

Within a week or two though I'll have a nice Q of white widow so things will change a bit. :)

I'm going to ration it though, only smoke on a friday and saturday and on holdays. That Q will last me a nice while. :)

I prefer spacing out (no pun intended) the times when I smoke so they are more potent each time and it feels more special, rather than just a routine.

Back
Top Bottom