Tom420 White Widow & Northern Lights #5 x Haze Scrog In Coco 2017

Finally the harvest time has arrived.
Actually it has arrived already few days ago but I had no time to update the journal. I have harvested my girls on 18th January - day 110 from seed / day 67 of 12/12 (9,5 weeks flowering).

Girls received 72 hours of total darkness prior to chop. I have been watering them 100ppm during that time, still to runoff, two times a day.

I have been feeding them rather lightly (300ppm for the last few weeks down to 100ppm during the last days), always with substantial runoff and additionally I was using Clean Drip - so with all that in mind I decided no additional flushing is needed. Well actually, considering that 100ppm is 3.5x less ppm than my tap water, I guess I CAN call it a flush :)

I did not expect the harvest to take as long as it did!!! I started to dismantle lights, etc. at around 6pm. I finished trimming and hanging at 7am! Granted I'm a noob, but 13 hours??? Next time I will start in the morning, that's for sure.

Right now everything is drying in my grow tent at 66F/55%RH. Isn't that a tad too cold? Should I raise the temps to 68/70 perhaps?

I will be back with some dry weights. I guess it won't impress expert growers but I should get a decent amount for my needs.

Some pics from the harvest night follow.

Half way through White Widow:
T420P16P01.JPG

White Widow:
T420P16P02.JPG

Northern Lights #5 x Haze:
T420P16P03.JPG

Finally everything manicured:
T420P16P04.JPG

Some trim:
T420P16P05.JPG

White Widow:
T420P16P06.JPG

Northern Lights #5 x Haze:
T420P16P07.JPG

Oops, double post. Sorry for that. I wish 420 Mag would finally embrace the Tor and let all of us not-so-legal growers browse the forum safely, without our ISPs or LEA knowing what we're doing :) But until then I have to live with all the hassles of using Tor over Proxy. Like this double post. Oh well ...

Thanks Pennywise and SamSmith for your kind words!

And so as promised, here are the final dry weights:

White Widow: 128 grams
Northern Lights #5 x Haze: 130 grams

So nothing to write home about, especially compared to 180g from one Skunk #1 automatic I grew last time. But not too bad either - ca. 0.5g/watt. And anyway even that is way more I could ever use on my own (before my next grow that is :)). Most of it will go to my friends (for free, of course).

Plus I got around 60 grams of frosty trim off of the White Widow and a whooping 150g of super-frosty trim off of the Northern Lights #5 x Haze. I guess it's because any smaller bud of NLxH went to the trim. I rekcon that trim is super high quality and could easily be smoked or vaped. I will use it for some edibles though.

I guess I have over dried it all a bit. I was on a bloody business trip just when I should have taken it off the hangers and put it in the jars. So it went 2 days too long. I have jarred one jar of WW and one of NLxH without any Boveda packs just to see how much humidity I would have in the jars. It went to 51% and stayed there.

Now everything is curing with 62% Bovedas. Four and half Mason jars (1 quart each) of White Widow and 6 and half jars of NLxHaze - NLxH is way lighter than White Widow.

As I am really a noob and that includes not only growing but vaping too, my vape/smoke report would not be any reference. But I gave some dried bud to a veteran smoker friend of mine. He smoked both WW and NLxH and says that White Widow was quite strong, solid smoke and very much what he would expect from that strain (whatever that means :)) But NLxH caught him by surprise being about 3x as potent as anything he's ever smoked! He was blown away! And in a good way too! :)

I guess I should be careful eating those brownies!

So I guess that's the end of this journal.

For the next round I was thinking of running a fertilizer comparison - growing White Haze Automatic side by side, under the same lights. One fed full Canna line in RO water and one - just some regular vegetable fertilizer from a garden store in tap water for Ca (mixed with some RO to bring PPMs down a bit - my tap is really hard). I would really like to know how much difference would there be.

And now the last photo - 20 grams of Northern Lights #5 x Haze ready for the jar:

T420P17P01.JPG

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom