Tomatogardens First Grow - Closet - CFL - Bag Seed - Organic - Soil

Bad news, all plants are showing same symptoms and plant 1 has died:( Each plant has dry, brown, crumbly leaf tips and I can't understand whats wrong, heat stays around 70-75 and the plants are more than a few inches from the bulbs, it shouldn't be anything heat or light related but thats all I'm finding when I look up the dry brown leaf tips symptoms. I'm uploading pictures now.

plant 2

seed_9_days_014.jpg

plant 3

seed_9_days_001.jpg

seed_9_days_002.jpg

plant 4

seed_9_days_016.jpg

the only other thing I can think of is when you water it does the sprouter have water on it and is it under the light wet?
water will magnify light and can cause it to burn

the only other thing I can think of is when you water it does the sprouter have water on it and is it under the light wet?
water will magnify light and can cause it to burn

Nope my plants haven't been wet besides plant 3 i wet her when she first showed symptoms bc i thought it may have been that she was too dry.

only thing i can think of looking at what you said about the soil. this wetting agent in the soil . i never heard anyone using a wetting agent. we kinda keep the soil moist for sure but we let it dry out before watering again.
might collect mold with that wetting agent thingy. whatever that is . i was always told to use soil that drains good not hold water.

i agree with chornic i would have to change soil. use what people uses the most. new things scare me on this. all the mixing stuff i would mess up and burn my plants.. that not good to me.

i would keep eye on them if see one more spot i would go and get some ff dirt or something. something everyone knows well and if then had a problem. it want be the dirt.

I have news, although I can't take pictures at the moment. All 3 of the remaining plants are exhibiting new growth, but the browning of the leaf tips is still happening and the cotyledons are browned and dead looking on all of them. I am under the impression than the plants feed off of the cotyledons for the beginning stages of life so if theyre dead would you recommend a very very light feeding?

I also have test strips with a PPM color code, any use of this for pH testing? I suppose I could get something I know to be acidic, test it and note the color of the strip, test water, and something basic and then use the colors from those tests to test my runoff and get a basic understanding of the condition of my soil

I would get some kind of ph meter
strips are unreliable and you mention it being for ppm

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom