Tommboy1973’s Outdoor Desert Autoflower 2021

Tommboy1973

Welcome to my first grow!! I live in the Sonoran desert in AZ, where it just became legal to grow 6 plants. My hubby doesn’t want me growing indoors cause of the kids, so I decided to try an autoflower outdoors even tho winter is not the right season. We only get a few freezes here so I figured worth a try just for fun and practice. This grow is already in progress, but I have pics from early on so I’ll start with those and try to catch up to real time soon.

Growing Mad Martigan Autoflower (Jack the Ripper X LSD) by E-M seeds from MossMGenetics
Hybrid, percentages unknown
Currently in Flower since around Feb 8th or so.
Germinated by paper towel method and put into a 7 gal Fabric pot (Root pouch, Boxer) on Dec 4th. Soil is Sunshine mix #4 with about 25% added perlite.
Fertilizing with the General Hydroponics trio, following a schedule I found on here. Using rain water that I collect from our flat roof in 55 gallon barrels.

Welcome to my first grow!! I live in the Sonoran desert in AZ, where it just became legal to grow 6 plants. My hubby doesn’t want me growing indoors cause of the kids, so I decided to try an autoflower outdoors even tho winter is not the right season. We only get a few freezes here so I figured worth a try just for fun and practice. This grow is already in progress, but I have pics from early on so I’ll start with those and try to catch up to real time soon.

Growing Mad Martigan Autoflower (Jack the Ripper X LSD) by E-M seeds from MossMGenetics
Germinated by paper towel method and put into a 7 gal Fabric pot (Root pouch, Boxer) on Dec 4th. Soil is Sunshine mix #4 with about 25% added perlite.
Fertilizing with the General Hydroponics trio, following a schedule I found on here.
The only thing I can grow outside is icicles. Would love to see a pic of those autos in the Arizona sun shine. Happy growing Tommboy.

DE019449-D70C-481E-AEB9-558AEF9C668A.jpeg

This was my first pic I took on Jan 5th. Seemed to grow really slow the first month. Not sure if that’s normal or due to lower temps than optimal. I used frost cloth enclosure and C9 Xmas lights at night. Also used a $26 floodlight style 35 W actual draw full spectrum grow light to get a total of 18 hours of light starting Jan 14th. Was using a $7 Walmart grow bulb before that. Started nutes today. Gave 2.5 ml EACH Grow, Micro & Bloom in 1 gallon from my rain barrels.

4B2581FC-269E-47F1-A427-F3B14FD7F80E.jpeg

Jan 14th. Received the new light from the zon today so I snapped a quick pic before I wrapped her up for the night.

Fertilizing with the General Hydroponics trio, following a schedule I found on here. Using rain water that I collect from our flat roof in 55 gallon barrels.
I'm in Yuma doing my 1st grow indoors at day 60 from sproutoInterested to see how they do outside. Yuma passed a local ordinance no outdoor grows unless it's in a locked greenhouse

2C41A0ED-1905-453F-A04B-48DD1515C404.jpeg

Jan 16th. Started LST today. Well, let me take that back. What I thought was LST at the time, lol. I have since read @InTheShed LST tutorial and realized I really didn’t understand the principles. As you’ll see in later pics I didn’t keep the main cola below the others, and I didn’t support the bottom of the stem to keep it straight where it comes out of the soil. I’ll do better next time, thanks to Shed! If fact. I should add his tutorial to my sig if that’s ok @InTheShed ?

2C41A0ED-1905-453F-A04B-48DD1515C404.jpeg

Jan 16th. Started LST today. Well, let me take that back. What I thought was LST at the time, lol. I have since read @InTheShed LST tutorial and realized I really didn’t understand the principles. As you’ll see in later pics I didn’t keep the main cola below the others, and I didn’t support the bottom of the stem to keep it straight where it comes out of the soil. I’ll do better next time, thanks to Shed! If fact. I should add his tutorial to my sig if that’s ok @InTheShed ?
If you have 2 adult's in the house you can grow 12 plants

I'm in Yuma doing my 1st grow indoors at day 60 from sproutoInterested to see how they do outside. Yuma passed a local ordinance no outdoor grows unless it's in a locked greenhouse
Nice!! Are you going to start a journal? Yeah I believe it’s pretty much in the proposition anyways that it has to be in a locked greenhouse. I used as my “greenhouse “ a 3x3x4 hardware cloth enclosed frame I had made last year to keep critters from eating my veggie starts. It has a lockable hatch on it so I’m gonna call it good. I live pretty rural, on an acre and a 1/4 with no next door neighbors about half an hour out of the nearest small town so shouldn’t be an issue anyways but just in case LOL

If you have 2 adult's in the house you can grow 12 plants
I was a little unclear on that, if you read the proposition or at least the breakdown by the cannabis lawyer that posts on Facebook, you can’t help anybody else with their grow so I wasn’t sure if that applied to people in your same household or not. So it was stated as 6 per person or 12 per household with 2 adults. I don’t want to be the first one to test that in court, LOL

Nice!! Are you going to start a journal? Yeah I believe it’s pretty much in the proposition anyways that it has to be in a locked greenhouse. I used as my “greenhouse “ a 3x3x4 hardware cloth enclosed frame I had made last year to keep critters from eating my veggie starts. It has a lockable hatch on it so I’m gonna call it good. I live pretty rural, on an acre and a 1/4 with no next door neighbors about half an hour out of the nearest small town so shouldn’t be an issue anyways but just in case LOL

0713F231-1797-490D-84ED-AAB987DA2E4B.jpeg

Jan 20th. She really started taking off about then. Continued keeping the top bent over with plastic coated wire from the dollar store. I also added some passive heating using one gallon jugs filled with water. I live near a known drug smuggling corridor in the desert and we find all kinds of stuff out there when we’re out wheelin. Tons of these black water jugs everywhere. Perfect to absorb the sun’s free energy all day and release it at night. Btw I had fertilized twice in the interim.

Week 2: 5ml Grow + 2.5ml Micro + 2.5ml Bloom per gallon 1/12/21

Week 3: 10ml Grow + 5ml Micro + 3ml Bloom per gallon 1/19/21 (watered with 2 gal)

I had started week 1 at 3 leaf sets on the advice of a “Nutes what to use and when to use ‘em” tutorial that I found here. In my further research here it seems like way way too much nutes in that schedule but I’m continuing it as my plant has never shown any signs of burn. That may be just a characteristic of this strain as I have also learned since that every strain reacts to nutes differently! And my other strains may need different amounts. F’in great! Lol. There goes my idea to test out nutes for future reference. I’d ideally like to go organic anyways but hey that’s fir another grow.

333CFDC4-B99B-492F-91A3-E45E93E35C4B.jpeg

Still have some catching up to do but this will be the last post for today as I have to go to work.

Jan 27th. Fertilized today with
Week 4 (until 12/12) : 12ml Grow + 6ml Micro + 3ml Bloom per gal (2 gal total given)

333CFDC4-B99B-492F-91A3-E45E93E35C4B.jpeg

Still have some catching up to do but this will be the last post for today as I have to go to work.

Jan 27th. Fertilized today with
Week 4 (until 12/12) : 12ml Grow + 6ml Micro + 3ml Bloom per gal (2 gal total given)
Thats the fastest growing girl I've seen. An hour ago it was just out of the soil. Hehe, beautiful lady.

Posted to wrong place took me a few times to learn how to navigate this site. You can search mdlroad find my posts
I hear you! I’m still learning. My first introduction post I asked a couple questions and they ended up moving my post to another forum. Hopefully I’m doing this journal thing right. I tried to follow the instructions about how to post pictures and it didn’t make sense to me, so I just clicked on the little picture thing and that worked so hopefully that’s right LOL. Not the most computer savvy here. I’ll search for your posts later and check them out. Interested to see how your grow is going and maybe pick up some tips

Back
Top Bottom