TonClon 1st Clone Inside Soil Grow 2021: Need Offensive Play Called

Tonclon

Hello All,
I have enjoyed viewing Grow Journals, reading your feedback and decided to create my own. Hoping to develop the skills and green thumb knowledge you all share. So, here we go…

After Virginia legalized recreational use and grow earlier this summer, with no experience, I decided to try an experimental grow. I was given 10 seeds of unknown pedigree collected from bags for smoke. Also, there was a beauty grown from one of the seeds and I wondered if cloning was possible. I Googled cloning, it was possible and jumped in with a learn as you go attitude. And then I came across the 420 site a couple of weeks ago and while reading many expert and novice post, I realized by not creating a journal at start, I have did “da girls” a great disservice!

The cuttings came from a beautiful mother plant grown from the seed of unknown origin. Don’t know when it started, but it was in Flowering stage growing outside, a little over 6ft, bushy with wide leaves, Indica. At this point I started to take notes of some of the procedures taken.

Jul 23-Aug 8: 1st cloning attempt TonClon1, TonClon2, TonClon3
  • ragged cuttings
  • placed in jar of water
  • did not root
Aug 8 - 2nd cloning attempt TonClon1, TonClon2, TonClon3
  • recut 45 degree
  • cloning gel
  • rockwool
  • placed in dome
  • rooted; 14, 18, 20 days
Aug 22 TonClon1: 14 day clone potted in 5gal Harvest Mix
Aug 24 TonClon2: 18 day clone potted in 1gal Harvest Mix
Aug 27 TonClon3: 20 day clone potted in 5gal Harvest Mix
Aug 31 TonClon3: removed 1/2 of Harvest Mix and add FoxFarm
Sept 1 TonClon2: transplanted to 5gal 1/2 Harvest, 1/2 FoxFarm
Sept 17 TonClon1: removed 1/2 of Harvest Mix and add FoxFarm

Current conditions below after modifying over time:
  • 6’Lx5.5’Hx2’D closet
  • 5gal aeration fabric pots
  • 1/2 Harvest Potting Mix (bottom) and 1/2 FoxFarm Ocean Forest Potting Soil (top)
  • Two 600W LED, Veg setting, 18/6hrs@30”
  • Fan 24/7
  • Temp 72-75
  • Humility 60-65
  • Soil pH 6.3
  • Watering pH 6-6.5
  • Alternate water and FoxFarm Big Grow 3-4 days
  • Diatomaceous Earth and sticky traps for small black flying pest
Today, at the end of Week 4 and seeing pictures of other clones at this point between 1-2ft, I’m looking for my errors and have questions:
  1. Will Da Girls (TonClon1: 28 days potted, TonClon2: 25 days potted, TonClon3: 22 days potted) growing in a make shift temporary area, make it to harvest season?
  1. Why have there been no or little sign of growth?
  1. What am I doing wrong?
Attached are pictures of various dates and any advice or comments would be truly appreciated!

TonClon1 Sept 1
tempImageW7X9Gi.png

TonClon2 Sept 1
tempImageBRP0gx.png

TonClon3 Sept 1
tempImageOQjis4.png

TonClon1 Sept 19
tempImage1xW5Zj.png

TonClon2 Sept 19
tempImageCnNrSh.png

TonClon3 Sept 19
tempImagefhoGjV.png

You will always struggle with clones from a flowering plant as it has zero time to veg
The clones are trying to flower before they have proper roots
They will probably grow out a bit but don't expect a bonanza
Thanks Growings, Thought I missed a step or something! At the moment for a 1st timer, a bit is better than nothing…

TC1 Day 63 potted on a run for TC2..
tempImageD0PTUN.png

TC2 Day 61 potted spreading out across pot.
tempImagedUk75x.png

TC3 Day 58 potted, re-veg with slow start.
tempImageeE3H4v.png

Family photo!
tempImageABEvdX.png
Hey @Tonclon looks like a couple great monsters there.
Don't give up on the other one hopefully she comes to life.
Mind if I tag along?
Stay safe.
Bill

Hey Tonclon :ciao: any friend of GDB is a friend of mine! Nice work! That monstercropping you did is working out nicely!
Thanks StonO, learning as I go! You guys give excellent advice and post the pics to back it up!

Hey @Tonclon looks like a couple great monsters there.
Don't give up on the other one hopefully she comes to life.
Mind if I tag along?
Stay safe.
Bill
Yep Bill, they have come from a long ways! Actually, the little one has made progress over the last week. Plan to update journal later today. Absolutely, tag along the more the merrier!

Hello Growers,
Clones are growing more natural looking leaves and spreading out wider. TC2 is.about 1ft tall and TC1 not far behind. Have to decide at some point, moving TC3 to a temp home and flip other two to flowering.

Increased feeding/watering from 1/3 to 1/2 gal every 3-4 day
Fox Farm feeding per gal
2 tsp Grow Big +
2 tsp Tiger Bloom +
1 tsp Big Bloom +
Few drops of Bush Doctor Sledgehammer Cal-Mag

Increased 600w lighting switches from Veg to Veg/Bloom

Avg Temp 74-77F and RH 60-61%

TC1 Day 72 potted. Bushy and wider with little growth in height, Catching up with TC2, more three fingered leaves.
tempImageUHAWti.png
tempImagejCW063.png

TC2 Day 70 potted. Thicking as she spreads and growing five fingered leaves.
tempImageL3hNza.png
tempImageXDmrpR.png

TC3 Day 67 potted, Lil Mama looks as if she's getting her footing and spreading out!
tempImageevxZo3.png

Thanks for cruising by and advice is always welcomed!

Looking happy TonClon!
Thanks StoneO for calling out monstercropping in your previous post. I wasn't sure what it was until I googled and found GrowWeedEasy: Complete Guide to Monstercropping for Better Yields. Good read that provided me with some great information going forward! Thanks again...

Everyday the monsters are looking happier! Added risers improved the airflow beneath fabric pots. And, flipping both veg/bloom switches on, I am seeing lots of growth in 24hrs!

Unpredictable, bushy clones!

Thanks StoneO for calling out monstercropping in your previous post. I wasn't sure what it was until I googled and found GrowWeedEasy: Complete Guide to Monstercropping for Better Yields. Good read that provided me with some great information going forward! Thanks again...

Everyday the monsters are looking happier! Added risers improved the airflow beneath fabric pots. And, flipping both veg/bloom switches on, I am seeing lots of growth in 24hrs!

Unpredictable, bushy clones!
They take a while for us to see that they look like they're coming around, but they push forward, slowly at first, then full speed ahead.

Hello Growers,
It's been awhile since updating journal, didn't realize a month and couple of days passed! Neglected the girls and had not been as observant as usual when last weekend I noticed leaves yellowing. Posted a pic of 1st Seed Grow and thanks to @Bill284 for throwing a lifeline, advised flushing, It had 1st Seed perky by morning, so I flushed all the clones and they look happy again!

Past 30 days, kinda hit and miss, but close:
Feeding/watering from 1/3 to 1/2 gal every 3-4 day
Fox Farm feeding per gal
2 tsp Grow Big +
2 tsp Tiger Bloom +
1 tsp Big Bloom +

2x600w LED switches both Veg/Bloom

Avg Temp 70-77F and RH 60-64%

1st Seed Grow 135 days
tempImagegLSq1U.png

TC1 103 days
tempImagefJiJJR.png

TC2 101 days
tempImageK4bXFH.png

TC3 98 days
tempImageAmX2Pr.png

Before last week, I mostly associated flushing with the toilet, au contraire!

Thinking about flipping this weekend, with anticipated stretch, may have let clones get too tall

Grow A Great Weekend!

Hello Growers,
It's been awhile since updating journal, didn't realize a month and couple of days passed! Neglected the girls and had not been as observant as usual when last weekend I noticed leaves yellowing. Posted a pic of 1st Seed Grow and thanks to @Bill284 for throwing a lifeline, advised flushing, It had 1st Seed perky by morning, so I flushed all the clones and they look happy again!

Past 30 days, kinda hit and miss, but close:
Feeding/watering from 1/3 to 1/2 gal every 3-4 day
Fox Farm feeding per gal
2 tsp Grow Big +
2 tsp Tiger Bloom +
1 tsp Big Bloom +

2x600w LED switches both Veg/Bloom

Avg Temp 70-77F and RH 60-64%

1st Seed Grow 135 days
tempImagegLSq1U.png

TC1 103 days
tempImagefJiJJR.png

TC2 101 days
tempImageK4bXFH.png

TC3 98 days
tempImageAmX2Pr.png

Before last week, I mostly associated flushing with the toilet, au contraire!

Thinking about flipping this weekend, with anticipated stretch, may have let clones get too tall

Grow A Great Weekend!
Good afternoon ,hope you are well today.
When you mix your nutrients do you put your calmag in your mix first?
Girls look fantastic.

Stay safe
Bill

Good afternoon ,hope you are well today.
When you mix your nutrients do you put your calmag in your mix first?
Girls look fantastic.

Stay safe
Bill
Hello Bill,
Maybe not, never thought about the sequence until your mention. Do you recommend adding it before the other FF Nutes? How much and often? I only used a couple of drops per gal occasionally because I didn't notice any deficiency. The Girls and I owe you an emergency physicians fee! Thanks for the flushing knowledge!

Hello Bill,
Maybe not, never thought about the sequence until your mention. Do you recommend adding it before the other FF Nutes? How much and often? I only used a couple of drops per gal occasionally because I didn't notice any deficiency. The Girls and I owe you an emergency physicians fee! Thanks for the flushing knowledge!
Good morning my friend.
Calmag helps with your plants uptake of other nutrients.
If you use it put it in your water first , mix well.
Wait a few minutes then add your micro, grow then bloom nutrients in that order.
Then set your ph.
Looking good. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom