Toneking’s First Grow In Soil 2020: Multiple Hybrids

Nothing much is going on here. Social distancing. Playing music. Watering my plants. Trying to get through the next few weeks unscathed. Looking forward to harvesting, and eventually sampling this
Looking spot on toneking! Well done man. are you gonna feed up until the chop or are you gonna reduce nutrients towards the end? This is a touchy subject with some people I’m just curious what you plan on doing?

Tonight makes 8 weeks since I switched the timer to 12/12. The two I cooked a little are still hanging in there, even if they look a little coppery. I decided to feature girl #2 (Alaskan Purple) this week, since the #1 Amnesia has been getting most of the press the last few weeks.
I fed earlier, 15 ml of FF Tiger Bloom and 1ml Cal-Mag per gallon. They’re drinking a gallon each, every three days or so. It’s been hot here and tent temps have been upper 80’s the last few days.
I’ve been checking trichomes, having finally figured out the microscope. Mostly clear, perhaps 20% or so milky. I’m guessing I’ve got at least another week to go, and at this point the garage is VERY fragrant when the tent is open, carbon filter or no carbon filter. It’s getting pretty sticky in there.
Just out of curiosity, what do you personally use to chop? Is it just a little sad to whack them down?

Hey Tone, nice to have found this thread. I'm about a week ahead of you in bloom and are experiencing much the same as you have been. Just reinforces that I'm doing something right.

I'm growing 2 plants in a 2x3x60 tent. I've had height issues and have sunburned the plants - a taller tent would have been nice.

So today was chop day. Probably a week or ten days sooner than I’d planned, but it is what it is.
I’m really impressed with the Alaskan Purple - by far the densest, most compacted buds. My next time out it’s going to be two Purples and two Amnesias, with the screen.
I’ve got all the popcorn in seperately marked paper sacks, nestled into the garage refrigerator. The lights are down and the timer pulled. I repurposed my daughter-in-law’s clothing display rack as a makeshift drying grid in the tent, along with the existing tent crossbars, and ended up with this.

Thirsts have been quenched and two tent sisters got undergrowth trims. We fed tonight, again using 6ml of FF Micro and 6ml of FF Grow. The trimmed girls got half a quart extra each, running off a little more than I’m used to. We’ll see how they recover.

I mentioned earlier that one Cali Orange sprouted with goofy cotyledons. She has continued to produce oddball foliage, and I was tempted earlier to post her picture in the grow forum seeking advice, but I have decided to just LIFTA and see what she does. I haven’t trained her, and probably shouldn’t have topped her either. She appears genetically stressed enough already. If I can figure out how, I’ll load pictures of her. 018E6E9B-F98B-4102-908C-624205DC58DD.jpeg75ED4869-B61F-459E-98E2-0E0A269CB1B9.jpeg
For comparison purposes, here’s the other Cali. The other five all resemble this next one, all germinated together, all have had the same soil, same lighting, same everything. I told Mrs TK that I have five pot plants and one rutabaga. 7F6C8348-F743-4CE4-9771-8A14FDFBA56B.jpeg
Quite a difference. They smell a lot alike though. Maybe NOT a rutabaga after all.

The plan is probably at least three more weeks of veg, and more undercarriage trimming if the first two don’t object too much. Topping as required to keep the canopy consistent, then flipping the first or second week of February. Strain specs have all these strains flowering 55-63 days, so I’m assuming 8 or 9 weeks minimum.

I’m really enjoying this so far, and have fairly low expectations since it’s my first time around. Any yield will just be a bonus - the experience and the opportunity to learn a bit about this phenomenal plant is the true benefit here.

Happy growing, and thanks for reading.

TK
Did you grow them from seed 12/12?...i did that last 2 runs..current..all from @SeedsMan last run..chemdawg..ww..cheese..current..Alaskan purple..CPK..ww...blueberry...2 chemdawgs...12/12 from seed..ive got them staggerd at different flowering stages..this the AP..36 days flowering..cpk 4days flowering and ww 8days old in 1st pic..all in 7litre pots
20200405_100148.jpg
20200405_100233.jpg
20200405_100126.jpg
20200405_100104.jpg
20200317_125108.jpg
20200405_100045.jpg

So I dried them in the tent for 6 days, then put everything in quart mason jars. I filled 15 and about half of the 16th, burped daily for a week or so. The quart jars are a pain (the smaller opening makes getting the buds back OUT rather taxing) so I ventured out and bought half gallon mason jars. Much better. Now I have 8 half gallon jars, plus two partially filled quarts. Tonight I fished everything out and weighed, after a week of drying and not quite two weeks in the jars.

So down to the numbers. Every plant yielded in the vicinity of 3 ounces of bud, except for the two Cali Oranges that I overcooked and yielded a bit less. Total dried weight was 504 grams, or 18 ounces.

Amnesia: two plants, 190 grams, or 6 grams shy of 7 ounces.

Cali Orange: two plants, 147 grams, or 7 grams over 5 ounces.

White Widow: one plant, 85 grams, or 1 gram over 3 ounces.

Alaskan Purple: one plant, 82 grams, or two grams shy of 3 ounces.

Overall, I am pleasantly surprised. I had hoped to see 4 ounces a plant, but the reality is that this is harder than most people think, especially if the goal is to grow quality dope. Based upon the sample of Cali O I tried before typing this, the quality is there. Another week or three in the jars and the flavor should be there as well.

I’d like to thank everyone who stopped by. Your help was valued and appreciated. I’m going to start another run around Labor Day, and I hope to do even better the next time around.

Last update before closing.

The Alaskan Purple is phenomenal. It has that fresh evergreen fruity taste. It’s super smooth, and the head comes on quickly but doesn’t rattle you or get you lost. It’s just elevation, really conducive to guitar playing or any other activity involving the focusing of mental energy. One of the most enjoyable highs I’ve ever had. I will definitely be growing this strain again.
By far the most potent is the Amnesia, which will definitely knock your womb up in your watchpocket. It creeps, so it’s easy to overdo it. Two hits is about right, and it comes on gradually but very thoroughly. I’ve spaced out more than once on it, and everyone who’s sampled it has had the same reaction, which is WOW. This shit will get you fucked up.
The Cali Orange has been a nice surprise. It’s fruity and skunky at the same time, tastes delicious, and has a nice heady buzz to it. Perhaps not as cerebral as the Purple, it’s similar even though less intense.
The biggest disappointment by far is the White Widow. It’s decent but unremarkable, no noticeable taste surprises, rather pedestrian in buzz. It will be the last remnant of this grow, as all three other strains are preferable.

For my first time out, I am more than well-pleased. Overall quality of head is better than I had hoped. Cosmetics aren’t what I had hoped for (that early harvest hurt) but yield was good and I have a shitpot of dope that will damned sure get the job done, and both of those things are better than I had imagined.
I’m looking forward to grow 2 starting in September, and I’ll see if I can perhaps do a better job growing and journaling that one.

Nice summary, TK.
You have me excited for alaskan purple - I have some coming on. People seem to like it. I love your description of elevation in relation to musical creativity. I really can’t wait now.
You’ve also helped to bump an amnesia x higher up my to-do list when I next crack into the vault. I too want my watch pocket to double as a womb catcher. What a funny expression.
I was lucky enough to have some of that Cali orange recently. I’m ingesting canna meds all day and all night and that Cali orange got me stoned for the first time in ages. I agree it’s a really nice buzz with a good taste too. You said it better though.
:welldone::theband: Nice one :love:

Back
Top Bottom