Tonks' Grow#2 - MSNL Autos Lemon OG - Caramelicious & White LSD

jadetonks

Hey hey!

So back for round two. Starting this a little late, I'm 4 weeks into the grow. But they're looking good so I'm cautiously optimistic about the whole thing! This time I'm doing topping and LST, my first goes at any kind of plant training, so keen for any and all tips as we go :D

Set Up
1.2x1.2x2m Harvemax Tent
2 x 4 inch clip fans (only running one atm, humidty is shitty low and they're only little bubs)
Carbon filter and 6 inch extraction fan
11L fabric pots
Nutrifield Coco/Perlite blend (70/30)
600W MH (will switch to HPS bulb when they stop vertical growth)
RO Water Filter

Nutrients
General Hydroponics CaliMagic
Ozimagic MonstaBud
Nutrifield:
  • Root Nectar
  • Bud Burst
  • Coco A and B
  • PK Heavy

I've been quite happy with Nutrifield (it's one of the few brands easily available in Aus without having to get it shipped) but I really don't have anything to compare it to. The guy at the local hydro told me the Cyco is the same shit as AN, something about a law suit with the Aussie distributor that AN lost so he took the recipes and made his own line. Not sure how true any of that is, but any thoughts are welcome! I'm nearly out of A and B so I gotta decide soon.

re: Tonks' Grow#2 - MSNL Autos Lemon OG - Caramelicious & White LSD

Oh I forgot to mention I was watching Firefly for the billionth time when I was getting these sexy gals started, so they've been named accordingly.

LSD - River
Lemon OG - Inara
Caramelicious - Kaylee

Picture time! :D

Week 1 :D
Grow237.jpg

Week 2
Grow2_2.jpg

River Week 2
River_Week_2.jpg

Inara Week 2
Inara_Week_2.jpg

So I had a stupid amount of trouble with my Caramelicious. The first one germinated fine along with the other two girls, but I tripped when I was watering and drowned/fell on the poor little seedling. Couldn't recover. I now keep the plastic cup on top when I water the seedlings :p So then had two seeds fail to pop at all, not sure what the issue was! Finally got one to crack two weeks later, so my Caramelicious Kaylee is 2 weeks behind. Here's the gal! She is a slow starter so I won't top her.
Kaylee_Week_2.jpg

Here's how they all looked at Week 3 for River and Inara, Week 1 for Kaylee
R_and_I_Week_4.jpg

Inara
Inara_Week_4_a.jpg

River
River_Week_4_a.jpg

So then I topped em!
Grow2_Top1.jpg

River After Topping
River_after_topping.jpg

Inara After Topping
Inara_After_Topping.jpg

Then I did some LST cause they were all bushy and whatnot :D
River
River_LST.jpg

Inara
Inara_LST.jpg

Sub'd for this ride! So quick question for you. Is your White LSD an auto or a photo?

Be careful on your topping of your autos, I have heard some can be rather temperamental about getting topped. If you have photos, you can top away to your hearts content. With photos, you can abuse the hell out of them with training and they will act like nothing is wrong. If you are growing any photos, then those are the ones you can really train! Stick mostly to LST on your autos (at least by every thing I have read about them). Good luck brother! You are going to nail this.

Sub'd for this ride! So quick question for you. Is your White LSD an auto or a photo?

Be careful on your topping of your autos, I have heard some can be rather temperamental about getting topped. If you have photos, you can top away to your hearts content. With photos, you can abuse the hell out of them with training and they will act like nothing is wrong. If you are growing any photos, then those are the ones you can really train! Stick mostly to LST on your autos (at least by every thing I have read about them). Good luck brother! You are going to nail this.

autos love topping this has been proven time and time again if you check out @stinkysnid thread new autoflower topping guide you will see for your self aslong as done in the siad time limit you will see crazy results as for training i treat my autos like photos training wise and they love it they also love defol dont go crazy like stripping it bare but you can still go mad and you will be rewarded with big fat juicy autos
:thumb::Namaste:

First journal was cool, so count me in again! :thumb:
Cheers mate, good to have you back!

All autos. I've heard the same! But the ones I've seen work look amazing, and from what I can gather as long as you do it at the right time, with a plant that's gotten off to a good start, then everything is ok. :) Guess I'll find out! Thanks for all your help mate, been great.

autos love topping this has been proven time and time again if you check out @stinkysnid thread new autoflower topping guide you will see for your self aslong as done in the siad time limit you will see crazy results as for training i treat my autos like photos training wise and they love it they also love defol dont go crazy like stripping it bare but you can still go mad and you will be rewarded with big fat juicy autos
Cheers, those threads look amazing! I've just done some defol last night but I have no idea how much I can take off, trying to be cautious! They seem to be loving it though, finally getting some light to the OG. :D

if u decide to do some topped autos you wont be dissapointed , with defol dont be scared to take them off you can take some fans off and any middle growing leafs or fans to get light inbetween the middles of the colas theres a great defol guide on i think its growpotcheaply
genetics wise try mephisto genetics best autos on the market imo :high-five::peacetwo::bong::theband:

if u decide to do some topped autos you wont be dissapointed , with defol dont be scared to take them off you can take some fans off and any middle growing leafs or fans to get light inbetween the middles of the colas theres a great defol guide on i think its growpotcheaply
genetics wise try mephisto genetics best autos on the market imo :high-five::peacetwo::bong::theband:

Brilliant! I'll go hunt that one down. I topped the OG and the LSD but my little Caramelicious is a slow one so she isn't getting topped. :D

I ordered some Mephisto last week! White Train, Skywalker, and Alien vs. Triangle F2. Now the agonising wait while it ships across the Pacific. :drool:

Update - September 13
Ok I've got my pics uploaded!

Everything going great since the topping.
Inara Day 27
Inara_Day_27.jpg

River Day 27
River_Day_27.jpg

Here's little Kaylee at Day 15 - she's not as big as I'd like I'm not topping her.
Kaylee_Day_15.jpg

Here are all my girlies. River and Inara on Day 28, Kaylee on day 16
R_I_Day_28_Kaylee_Day_16.jpg

So last night I did some defol. Took these pics this morning, they're looking great! The weather has completely turned (thank Odin, winter dragged on this year). I finally got to turn off the heater at night yesterday and this morning I'm looking at getting an extra fan! It's hitting 30C today, 11AM and the tent is already 35C. Luckily I work from home so if I have to give a few waterings a day due to the heat, I can. #hermitlife I'll see how they go over the next couple days then do some more defol and LST.

Inara Day 31
Inara_Day_31.jpg
Inara_Day_31_b.jpg
Inara_Day_31_c.jpg

River Day 31
River_Day_31.jpg
River_Day_31_b.jpg
River_Day_31_c.jpg

Kaylee is on Day 19 now and really starting to pick up steam.
Kaylee_Day_19.jpg

Kaylee_Day_19_b.jpg

Bout to go nute shopping! Heading to one an hour away instead of the local to avoid bad advice lady working there. I use weed for anxiety, and having to ignore someone's advice right in front of them is like my worst nightmare, half the time I don't end up getting what I want and just get something random and leave awkwardly. :p

ladys are boomin!!! :goodjob: how many times a day do you water ? you can change the time of your feed to help with temp changes and humidity my tent would overheat alot then i changed the time i fed helped with temp and rh% hope that helps also changing positon of fans intake and extraction helps with temps :goodjob::Namaste:

Velk, don't mistake my caution for saying you can't do it. I know you can top them if you do it at the right time. By all accounts of friends of mine that grow Autos, doing it at the wrong time can severely impact your grow....in a negative manner. Hence my warning....be careful topping your autos. I have seen guys do it at the wrong time and the plant never picked up its growth rate and stayed very extremely undersized. I have seen people do amazing things with autos.

Velk, don't mistake my caution for saying you can't do it. I know you can top them if you do it at the right time. By all accounts of friends of mine that grow Autos, doing it at the wrong time can severely impact your grow....in a negative manner. Hence my warning....be careful topping your autos. I have seen guys do it at the wrong time and the plant never picked up its growth rate and stayed very extremely undersized. I have seen people do amazing things with autos.

oh i was just saying ,as people go from what they have read with out seeing peoples results ,and what your saying is right done at the wronmg time can heavly stunt your autos but even that has to be taken with a pinch of salt as i have proved this wrongh on a good few occasions i double topped an auto and got 500g wet off it 366g i belive it was dry =) turned in to one of the biggest ones just depends on strains toughness i guess and theres so much more experimentation needed to be done still haha :circle-of-love::slide::slide::blunt::green_heart:

ladys are boomin!!! :goodjob: how many times a day do you water ? you can change the time of your feed to help with temp changes and humidity my tent would overheat alot then i changed the time i fed helped with temp and rh% hope that helps also changing positon of fans intake and extraction helps with temps :goodjob::Namaste:

At the moment I'm feeding once a day in the evening, but I switched to the morning yesterday and gave them another drink early arvo. Temps have dropped back down to 23C today so they're sitting nicely :D In the next week or so I'll increase to twice a day, depending on how fast they grow.

I'm thinking I will need to change the timing of my lights to get through the hotter temps - atm they're off between Midnight and 4am cause I started without a tent and even taping the curtains the light was pretty sus. Would it be a good idea to change the schedule by an hour a day gradually til it's off during the arvo when it's hottest? Or should I just get through this grow and change it on the next one? :thanks:

September 18 Update

G'day,

Mixed news today! My older girls are doing amazingly, but I broke my little Kaylee when I was trying to start her LST. WHOOPS. Snapped the main stem like a dickhead. Since I couldn't top her I wanted to have a crack at proper LST. Lesson learned - don't do plant training when ridiculously baked. Goddamn AK47 makes me useless :p

My older girls are starting to throw up pistils all crazy like :D Since I only have 3 plants in my space I've grown them pretty wide. Here's some pics!

River (White LSD) Day 33

River_Day_33_a.jpg

River_Day_33_c.jpg

River_Day_33_b.jpg

River Day 36

River_Day_36_a.jpg

River_Day_36_b.jpg

River_Day_36_c.jpg

River_Day_36_d.jpg

Inara (Lemon OG) Day 33

Inara_Day_33_a.jpg

Inara_Day_33_b.jpg

Inara Day 36

Inara_Day_36_a.jpg

Inara_Day_36_b.jpg

Inara_Day_36_c.jpg

Kaylee (Caramelicous) Day 21

Kaylee_Day_21_c.jpg

Kaylee_day_21_a.jpg

Kaylee (Caramelicous) Day 24

Kaylee_Day_24_b.jpg

Kaylee_Day_24_a.jpg

I taped her up with a band-aid. Been nearly 24 hours since I broke her and she seems to be doing ok... time will tell I guess.

September 26 Update
Gday everyone!

I finally changed the light schedule so they'd go dark from midday til 4pm to cope with it not being winter anymore and it's working a treat. Stable temps at 29C lights on, 24C lights off. Phew. Poor girls had another 36C day before I sorted my shit out. :thedoubletake::yikes:

Apart from that they're doing great!

River - White LSD Auto

Day 39
River_Day_39.jpg

Day 43
River_Day_43_c.jpg
River_Day_43_b.jpg
River_Day_43_a.jpg

Inara - Auto Lemon OG

Day 39
Inara_Day_39.jpg

Day 43
Inara_Day_43_b.jpg

Kaylee recovered well from my hatchet job snapping her main stem. She's a little behind, but she was a slow starter anyway so it's hard to say how much I stunted the poor gal.

Kaylee - Auto Caramelicious

Day 27
Kaylee_Day_27_b.jpg
Kaylee_Day_27_a.jpg

Day 29
Kaylee_Day_29_b.jpg

Day 31
Kaylee_Day_31_a.jpg

Annnnd here's the whole gang, at Day 42 for the biggies and Day 30 for Kaylee
Day_42_and_Day_30_b.jpg

Also I made another batch of brownies using the butter I made from the last harvest. Goddamn these things are tasty! Only problem is if I have more than one I pass the fuck out. :rip:
20170922_211123.jpg

Nice bushy plants! Good job!

Also... BROWNIES! :drool:

Cheers! I'm keen to do a real big defol but I've got 3 more days of an 8 day work stretch. Will have to wait til the weekend. Bit worried about taking too much off though!

Omg these brownies are great. And the smell really wasn't THAT bad when making the butter, smelled kinda like cinnamon :p

September 26 Update
Gday everyone!

I finally changed the light schedule so they'd go dark from midday til 4pm to cope with it not being winter anymore and it's working a treat. Stable temps at 29C lights on, 24C lights off. Phew. Poor girls had another 36C day before I sorted my shit out. :thedoubletake::yikes:

Apart from that they're doing great!

River - White LSD Auto

Day 39
River_Day_39.jpg

Day 43
River_Day_43_c.jpg
River_Day_43_b.jpg
River_Day_43_a.jpg

Inara - Auto Lemon OG

Day 39
Inara_Day_39.jpg

Day 43
Inara_Day_43_b.jpg

Kaylee recovered well from my hatchet job snapping her main stem. She's a little behind, but she was a slow starter anyway so it's hard to say how much I stunted the poor gal.

Kaylee - Auto Caramelicious

Day 27
Kaylee_Day_27_b.jpg
Kaylee_Day_27_a.jpg

Day 29
Kaylee_Day_29_b.jpg

Day 31
Kaylee_Day_31_a.jpg

Annnnd here's the whole gang, at Day 42 for the biggies and Day 30 for Kaylee
Day_42_and_Day_30_b.jpg

Also I made another batch of brownies using the butter I made from the last harvest. Goddamn these things are tasty! Only problem is if I have more than one I pass the fuck out. :rip:
20170922_211123.jpg

I only ate brownies one time that were made with cannabis. Those things were slow to hit but when they did it was "goodnight, see you next week!"

Back
Top Bottom