Too much nutrients in potting soil mix? Slight lime green veins / leaf edges/curled

BigBongs420

Hey guys, this is my second grow. I have 3 special kush feminized, and 3 special queen feminized purchased from my local seed shop. It has been 12 days since they sprouted(Sept 23). I just switched them from a couple 23w Clfs to my 600w MH at 50% (300w). I'm just waiting on pots so I can transplant them from the current Styrofoam cups. Temps, humidity etc all look good. Haven't begun feeding yet however I'm worried the potting soil I'm using contains too much nutrients as the veins are lime green/yellow as well as any new growth. The tiniest plant has yellow leaf edges and the leaves are curling down. The leaves on the larger plants seem to be "twisting" they look weak. I do not believe I am over watering as I wait for the soil to dry out completely before the next water, any thoughts? I have also read about not enough root space, is this possible? Thanks

Re: Too much nutrients in potting soil mix? Slight lime green veins / leaf edges/curl

I figured that could be an issue so I started using natural spring (bottled) water. Shouldn't the pH of that be fine ?

Re: Too much nutrients in potting soil mix? Slight lime green veins / leaf edges/curl

There is no way to know that for sure without testing the water directly, you might have a bit of luck by calling or contacting via email the water company that bottles the brand of water you are using.

Do you have a test kit or a meter? If not that would be a good investment going forward.

DRM Ranch

yo bigbongs. Im having pretty much the same problem. Plants are about 7days old since popping up from the soil. 1 plant has a yellow spot and some of the other plants leaves are slightly curling up. again my temps and humidity are all fine and I'm under a 125w cfl so don't think they are too close. My pH is also ok using tap water but got a digital ph meter from ebay for £7 and shows 6.7. check out the pics on my journal and see if yours are similar. i haven't used any nutes yet either. What soil are you using?

yo bigbongs. Im having pretty much the same problem. Plants are about 7days old since popping up from the soil. 1 plant has a yellow spot and some of the other plants leaves are slightly curling up. again my temps and humidity are all fine and I'm under a 125w cfl so don't think they are too close. My pH is also ok using tap water but got a digital ph meter from ebay for £7 and shows 6.7. check out the pics on my journal and see if yours are similar. i haven't used any nutes yet either. What soil are you using?

I'm using Pro-mix potting mix by premier tech

Back
Top Bottom