Too much water?

420Cudistoner

Feel bad posting but I tried to look around and I'm uncertain if I've over watered or not... She's been like this going on the 2nd day now and this started after giving her water early yesterday morning. I can take more pictures upon request. She looked really good before I watered just starting to droop a bit, soil was a little dry hence why I watered. Any help would be great, thanks guys :Namaste:

Details:
She's about 3 weeks into flowering 12/12 as you can see.. A light fell about a week or two ago and caused that burn toward the bottom of the plant :/
Organic soil
26w cfl above her
12w cfl beside/between her and another plant
unsure about the pH or N
stays between 68-74 degrees.

Update: Forgot to mention the fan leaves from the bottom have been dying off but thought this was normal in order to make room for growth.. On taking a look at it now, it seems maybe all the leaves(or at least the middle and bottom ones) are beginning to turn yellow.. really need help D:
Someone said nute lockout or water it more. but I can't believe she would need more water... anyone?

SAM_01221.JPG

Overwatered is all. Let her dry out (a fan.moving air across the soil will help) and wait til she's.extra dry almost going limp again before u water her. The yellowing looks like nitrogen deficiency, if your Ph is proper start them on veg nutes at 1/4 strength (after you get her dried out, watered and then dry again) and everything should.turn around for ya. Hope that made sense.

I'm just surprised she hasn't already perked up since I watered her yesterday morning... guess I'll wait and see..
Should I test the ph or N? I've never done it for her..
Thanks for your reply though :peace:

It'll take a couple days. If ur nit amending dolomite or the like as a buffer it couldn't hurt to check ur Ph. It looks more like n deficiency than lockout I'd get the watering taken care of first. I'd say feed next water but I've seen burn happen when nutrients are applied to a rootzone that's overly dry.
were it me I'd give it a week or so before I watered again, wait til the pot feels super light. Water then worry about starting feed on the water after. Just remember "water them well when they need it, and never when they don't"

Ok sounds good. So it definitely is n deficient? here's the picture of the leaves before she went to bed. looking sad :c when do you think she'll perk up? guess I need to grab a ph tester tomorrow.. thanks again :yummy:
SAM_01231.JPG

SAM_0124.JPG

Well idk now. Are those tips brown and crispy? It looks n deficient but u may have lockout or burn on ur hands. Have u been feeding it? What and how much if so. Definetly check ur ph

Hi mate how are you??
Unfortunately she s flowering atm, but you can still save her. As suggested, let her dry out a couple days she will raise her leaves up a little more as she gets back to normal moisture levels..
If she were still vegging you d have more time to play with, so try not to over water her too much or under, while in flower.. As you want your plant to be pushing along without much trouble.
My grow always starts with my soil mix.. I like to have it so it holds water but does not retain it for great periods, root zones need to breathe so being soaked all the time is not ideal for them. You should be ok mate, good luck hope ya have a good harvest. Smokemup

Like I said above, came back to her about a week or two ago and the light had fell on her causing that nice burn on the bottom :'(
Hey Smokem, long time no see :p a girl this time yay haha. I've given her no nuts since veg stage.. started flowering about 3 weeks ago maybe... she was completely fine until tuesday morning when I watered her.. just turned into this. She still looks like this this morning. Leaves are curled and the more yellow ones do feel crisp.. I just wonder if dropping that light is coming back to fuck me over right now.. just wonder why it was fine for so long.. Thanks for your input though guys again :reading420magazine:

Like I said above, came back to her about a week or two ago and the light had fell on her causing that nice burn on the bottom :'(

Sorry i did not pick up that bit of the light falling from the beginning... bit silly of me to miss that !

Mmm if that burn mark exist all around the stem at the bottom it may well be time for a visit from the Grim Reaper...

Ya see its the skin/bark on the plant stem which supports the flow of moisture/water to the rest of the plant & if that is totally damaged beyond repair its basically going to die of thirst...

Well my question is if it is because of the burn why hasn't this happened earlier? I dropped it maybe 2 weeks ago and I've watered it since and it's been alright - looked completely normal and happy. The burn goes almost all the way around and it looked kinda white in one spot this morning... :/

update: So a double check on the leaves.. the bottom ones that are turning yellow are curling inward and one is curling up... it's almost like the top leaves feel overwatered and these yellow ones are under

How dry was it before you watered? You said it was looking droopy. How droopy? If you let it go dry for too long, the root hairs may have dried up. So even though you watered, the roots can't uptake the water.

I agree with the others though. That looks like a classic example of over watering. It could take a few days for it to clear itself up. It depends on the media your in, and the pot you used, and of course the environment it's in.

The yellowing is definitely low N. You said you haven't fed since veg, so that would explain it.

Like the others said, I would wait a bit for it to dry out first, but then water it with a 1/2 strength transition formula. :goodluck:

Hey mate, God to chat again too buddy:)
But yeah as what Fuzzy said mate, in that pic there nearly appears to be no branches growing off the stem??? Did you remove them or didnt they grow??
IT is very strange the plant has done that I initially thought it was a clone? I know it had the light incident but Hmmm, weird.. It looks as if you will only get a main bud up top, so IDK how much bud youll get:(
Maybe try start over in a better soil mix for starters, and honestly IMO< youll get a better plant than what you will with this girl. Hope you sort it out mate, any questions drop in, theres plenty of good info from guys in both my journals in my Signature below so maybe that d be best for you. My new seedling is about 9cm tall so far and she has 3 or 4 levels of branches growing already, Im looking forward to seeing what she ll do:) GOODLUK BUDDY.. Take it easy and chat soon. Smokemup

It actually wasn't too droopy, maybe about 2 leaves starting to droop.. the soil felt not too dry barely moist maybe..
Ok.. she looked even more sad and shriveled up before going to sleep tonight :/ Thanks though, guess she needs some nuts when and if she perks up.. not looking too great...
I did check the pH and it was about 6.5 so it must be overwatered..
Yeah Smokem, that's awesome :) The branches are being hidden by the fan leaves because they're so drooping! They had a couple of hairs too, it was really looking decent before all this. It's organic soil btw.. lots of annoying nats but that's about it. I'll have to check that out, thanks again man! hopefully she'll perk up but just not sure.. :surrender:

"Mmm if that burn mark exist all around the stem at the bottom it may well be time for a visit from the Grim Reaper..."

Looks like a goner. Hope I'm wrong but if not...:rip:

Shit mate.. GNATS ARE BAD.. They can totally destroy a pant, eating thru the plants stems.. I HAD EM AND WENT ON PERSONAL KILL CAMPAIGN TO WIPE EM OUT!!!
Man they suck:( So yeah as I said its best to start with a fresh healthy soil that BUG FREE.. I think in a few weeks you could get a better looking plant thatll give you some more bud;) Hope this one still kicks on for ya.. Best o Luk.. Smokemup

OH SHIT... I didnt actually look all the way down the stem of the plant?? Mate that as said may well be fatal..... And thus the reason for her poor looks

Well my question is if it is because of the burn why hasn't this happened earlier? I dropped it maybe 2 weeks ago and I've watered it since and it's been alright - looked completely normal and happy. The burn goes almost all the way around and it looked kinda white in one spot this morning... :/

Well it takes time for the burn damage to take effect, which i can clearly see from your picture the plant skin is some what bone dry... now ya not gonna get any sap/moisture flow through that are you !

Whilst when the damage was fresh & the plant skin/bark was slowly decaying/drying out over time you may of been getting limited flow of sap/moisture to the rest of the plant...

The burn goes almost all the way around

That little strip of plant flesh has been keeping the ol girl alive intill recently which the damage maybe spreading further around the stem restricting even more sap flow... ultimately leading to plant failure.

It will be a bloody miracle if she survives, but Fuzzy has got a badly feeling the Grim Reefer is coming to visit soon :rip:

Got sweet FA to do with under/over watering... common sense says ya stems buggered !

Yeah I think all you guys are right :/ Really good point Fuzzy.. the burn looks pretty bad this morning still turning white for some reason.. and she's on her last leg. leaves are shriveling up.. so basically, worst mistake lol :oops: guess it just took some time.

So could gnats really be bad for a plant? They've always been in this stupid organic soil that I bought and never seemed to really bother her or my other little girl growing who is still healthy for now.. but I keep seeing their damn little white larvae (pretty sure they arent spider mites) crawl around the planter she's in. there's no getting rid of them D:

Yeah I think all you guys are right :/ Really good point Fuzzy.. the burn looks pretty bad this morning still turning white for some reason.. and she's on her last leg. leaves are shriveling up.. so basically, worst mistake lol :oops: guess it just took some time.

So could gnats really be bad for a plant? They've always been in this stupid organic soil that I bought and never seemed to really bother her or my other little girl growing who is still healthy for now.. but I keep seeing their damn little white larvae (pretty sure they arent spider mites) crawl around the planter she's in. there's no getting rid of them D:

Fungus Gnats may not kill the plant, but they will affect the yield and general health of the plant. It really matters when there is another stress, such as a light falling. :winkyface: It could be that your plant might have survived except it was also battling with the FG larvae feeding on the roots.

If that plant is a goner, this is the perfect opportunity to eradicate the area of any pests before you start a new plant. I'm not a soil guy, but I think you can put your soil in the oven to kill anything alive in there. Make sure that soil is not harboring bugs before you start the new plants.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom