Too much water?

Bacillus thuringiensis for the gnats. Ask for BTI at your local nursery.
You can get it in granular, liquid and pucks (mosquito dunks).

Whoa interesting.. but these gnats have been around pretty much since day 1. I think they came in the organic soil or something.. Would I be able to tell if they are eating the roots just by looking at the roots? I've always tried to kill them, but they're little damn white larvae always seems to come back (never tried anything extensive though, just tried to wipe 'em off). A lot of gnats fly around my place I believe because of this.. yikes this could be bad eh? The plant is somehow still hanging on barely.. the soil is still a little damp after a whole week (today, Tuesday 3/6). Should I just go ahead and try to get this killer for it? Thanks again guys.. yikes :reading420magazine:

Whoa interesting.. but these gnats have been around pretty much since day 1. I think they came in the organic soil or something.. Would I be able to tell if they are eating the roots just by looking at the roots? I've always tried to kill them, but they're little damn white larvae always seems to come back (never tried anything extensive though, just tried to wipe 'em off). A lot of gnats fly around my place I believe because of this.. yikes this could be bad eh? The plant is somehow still hanging on barely.. the soil is still a little damp after a whole week (today, Tuesday 3/6). Should I just go ahead and try to get this killer for it? Thanks again guys.. yikes :reading420magazine:

You need to treat the gnat infestation. There are many options, and is up to much debate in regards to which treatment method is best.

You don't think it's a problem, but you can't see what's happening. Part of the gnat's lifecycle is spent as a larvae. They live in, and feed on, the roots. The WILL affect your plants health and vigor. Some plants can resist it better than others, but at the very least, your yield will be affected.

I won't offer a solution myself. I've never had fungus gnats when growing MJ. I've had them in house plants and never eradicated them, so I'm probably not the best source of how to combat them.

AGREED!!! Gnat larvae suck - when I was trying to kill em off, I put Perlite on top soil and in that I put some potato wedges just deep enough to touch the top soil, and leave them for a day then when you pull em out you see a fair few larvae on them!
They burrow into your plants base stem and can screw ya plant up.. F/Gnats = WAR!!! I hate em.. I used to sit there with tweezers catching all the lil flyin pricks when theyd land on the perlite... I put perlite on top soil and then sticky traps all around the plant and on top of perlite too, I had em hangin from branches like Xmas trees:):) Seriously, this is how much they pissed me off. WIPE EM OUT!! Sns has some rosemary based stuff that is meant to be grreat.. Goodluk, Smokemup

AGREED!!! Gnat larvae suck - when I was trying to kill em off, I put Perlite on top soil and in that I put some potato wedges just deep enough to touch the top soil, and leave them for a day then when you pull em out you see a fair few larvae on them!
They burrow into your plants base stem and can screw ya plant up.. F/Gnats = WAR!!! I hate em.. I used to sit there with tweezers catching all the lil flyin pricks when theyd land on the perlite... I put perlite on top soil and then sticky traps all around the plant and on top of perlite too, I had em hangin from branches like Xmas trees:):) Seriously, this is how much they pissed me off. WIPE EM OUT!! Sns has some rosemary based stuff that is meant to be grreat.. Goodluk, Smokemup

Ah, that sounds like how I am with those little buggers. I would stand over my plant with a small vacuum and suck all those little sobs up. I remember when I came back over the weekend to find a swarm of them in my grow and the rage that followed was like none other. I have a hate for creepy crawlies to begin with and have them attack something I work so hard to grow just made me hit the ceiling. After a good H2O2 bath, I haven't seen hide nor hair of them :hookah: Next time I'm putting the soil in the oven.

Back
Top Bottom