Too scary.

Je_T'aime

I've posted on some other message board about this, and got some responses, but I want to try it again on this board with more detail.

I've smoked 6 times. Two of the times were great. But the other four were horrendous. The first horrendous experience I had, I was by myself. I first smoked with friends and then went home. The next time, I was with friends and they didn't really care. And then the next one after that, same thing. And then the last time, finally convinced me to stop all together, but I was with caring friends for once.

What the horrendous experiences were like was that all of the feeling I had just was going through the floor. Sometimes it'd feel like all of my feeling was stuck. Like, I would be lying down and stand up, but it'd still feel as if I were lying down. And then my feeling would rush back to me. I felt extremely nausous, my heart was beating extrememly fast (I could feel it through my chest, and it frightened me because that feeling was intenseified too much), and I was sweating. I couldn't swallow anything very well, and I was twitching a lot. Also, my head was hurting so terribly.

I think now that I was having a panic attack why going through it. The first 3 times it happened, it was bad, yeah, but only lasted, like an hour. But the 4th time, it lasted from 3 in the afternoon, until I could sleep at 10:30ish.

It was different weed each time I used it, so it was probably not laced. And the people that used it with me said that they didn't feel that way at all.

Any idea why that happens to me, and how I can make it stop? Because I really want to smoke again, but I don't want that to happen ever again.It was NOT cool. It probably sounds cool, but it really wasn't.

that sucks take a break and try it again in like a few months if its bad again just quit i know it hard to do but your a newbie so if it is not for you quit will you can

I had a similar experiance.

I made a thread about it too. It only happened to me once, and started happening to me again but I chilled out, drank some water and got warm (I was in a cold ass basement).
Some people can be realllly sensitive to weed, expecially its physical effects which can be quite scary (increased heart rate, almost always happens but when it gets too fast it's scary).
If you find you are too sensitive to enjoy it, then I'd suggest stopping. What's the point if you don't enjoy it?

listen to music with headphones and zone out. if that doesnt feel comfortable then weed isn't your drug of choice, sucks but it happens.

I'm soooooo glad i am not the only person that went throught his...
I also made a thread on it... people didn't care too much about it... but then again, I was typing while all this was happening and didn't make too much sense... I had exactly the same symptoms as you did... except for twitching... Maybe it's possible this was a panic attack... but this was the first time it's ever happend. My friend told me the weed I had was good... (it definetly was not laced) but this was way too trippy... and it wasn't a good high...
I thought I was having a heart attack!

I couldn't swallow because my throat and mouth was so dry it felt numb.
My heart rose 3-4 times it's normal rate.
I was actually going in and out of my body... (This has actually happend to me once when I drank some alcohol and i believe the pot i smoked was laced)
And everything else you described...
I hope this never happens to anybody... because it just feels like you're going to die... As if your body is shutting down. It scared me half to death!

If this does ever happen... Go to the most calmest place you can find and meditate and concentrate on breathing slowly. This helped me emmensly and eventually put me to sleep, where I woke up normal again...

I hope you're allright, and I hope this never happens to you again... because I literally know how you feel!

Oh, not to mention munchies to the extreme!
Actually... my stomach was numb... and I was eating as if i had no stomach. =/

panic attack.. it's normal i've had that problem before. just don't smoke for awhile and try it up again later you should be fine :smokin:

could be a panic attack but just to be careful, go to the doctor and get checked for substances you're allergic to. It is possible for a person to be allergic to marijuana (which would suck so much). Try and be in calmer places with mellow music and people you know and trust. Don't smoke in a place where you have a possiblity of getting caught, that rises paranoia easily. And above all, embrace the feelings you have, if you try and reject them it will terrify you.

Thanks for all the advice. I'm still debating whether or not to try it again. If I do, it'll probably be with the same caring people, and I'll definitly try out some of your advice and shiz. But right now, I don't see myself trying it very soon.
I'm sticking to alcohol and other drugs for now.

old_smokey9483 said:
could be a panic attack but just to be careful, go to the doctor and get checked for substances you're allergic to. It is possible for a person to be allergic to marijuana (which would suck so much). Try and be in calmer places with mellow music and people you know and trust. Don't smoke in a place where you have a possiblity of getting caught, that rises paranoia easily. And above all, embrace the feelings you have, if you try and reject them it will terrify you.

Panic attacks are pretty much harmless, and this sounds like what's going on with you. Better safe than sorry, though. Get checked out for an alleric reaction to weed! That is, if you can't 'not' smoke weed. Otherwise, just don't smoke anymore . . . simple!

Also, if you embrace the feelings you're having, they have much less effect on you. I myself suffer from panic attacks! I still hate them, but they are less severe now that I've learned to embrace!

Great advice, btw!

Back
Top Bottom