Top Snap During Flowering

MortalWombat

Hello :420: ,

So today during my girls feeding I accidentally snapped one of her tops when I was trying to get to some of the fan leaves obstructing the lower tops. I know she will be fine and has plenty more tops left, however, my question to you guys is should I leave the branch it snapped off of or just cut it off? There are buds beginning to grow down the stem so would it be worth it to leave it and let those produce? Or will it just not be worth the effort the plant has to put into it?

Didn't get a pic of the snapped top but here is a pic of her a few days ago before feeding (hence the drooped leaves).
20160505_150610.jpg

:thanks:

:Namaste:

Tape it with masking tape to seal and support the weak spot and it should be as good as new. Use a bamboo skewer to support it if it can't stand by itself and it will eventually strengthen up.

I've done that several times and it's always worked.

I just re-read his question and you're probably right.

I snapped a branch a week or so ago, but it was still connected so I taped it up and it's as good as new.

Yes it snapped like a celery stalk..lol. I am unable to tape it due to the break being directly in between two bud sites. I tried just supporting it with twist ties, etc. No luck. It was the top 1.5" of a cola, snapped right at the second node from the top. I think I will just leave the branch (its really thick) and see what happens. The bud sites are still growing rapidly on it and have almost covered the break completely already. Basically a REALLY late 'topping'. I also did a little more LST and pulled the branches toward the outer diameter of the pot to let the light get to the inside/down the branches.

:thanks:

Put it back in place and wrap it with electrical tape. Works just like a cast or a broken leg.

Like I said, unforunatly I wasn't able to tape it due to the location of the snap. It was snapped directly at the 2nd node from the top in between the two bud sides that are on either side of the 2nd node. I ended up just trashing the top and leaving the branch.

Since the node was now exposed to direct light the two bud sites on either size have swelled up ALOT. I will take some pics tonight when I get in the nursery.

:tokin:

Back
Top Bottom