Top Tips for Growing Autoflowers

here are 10 top tips for successfully growing autoflowers

Size of Pot - Even for dwarf autos you need to be using a 3 gallon pot to give the plant enough space to develop a good rootball.

NEVER TRANSPLANT

A good light mix - A nice light mix such as 50:50 coco:perlite is best as it makes sure you get a good wet-dry cycle.

AVOID OVERWATERING AT ALL COSTS

Give NO NUTRIENTS AT ALL until the autoflowering cannabis plant has developed 4 nodes. The dose should only be introduced gradually and in increments.

Continue vegetative feed until ALL upward growth stops. The auto will have started flowering before this happens (in a 9-10 week auto, you would expect to continue using veg nutes until week 6)

Ensure the genetic material (that’s technical talk for Cannabis Seeds guys!) that you start off with is of good, well bred and viable stock. Check what other growers are / have been growing and how well the strain did.

KEEP A GOOD AIR FLOW

Go easy on the nutes. Generally less is better in most cases.

Don’t give them too much light to start with. Go for a low watt fixture for seedling growth, increasing the amount of light as the plant develops. :) :) :)

Should I use a 3 or 5 gallon pot for my auto flower?(heavyweight vast and fast from herbies).....also can I sprout my seedlings directly in their "home" pot under my Mars led? Or should I use cfl for sprouting? Thanks in advance!

I have the seedlings in a really small pot and was planning on re potting them to a 3 gallon after I started seeing roots coming out the drainage holes. Recommended or did I already fugg up here?

Im about to start ×3 auto of with ×2 photos in an 8×4 other then the above tips is there any thing else.
Im planning to germ auto in the 1 pots in the tent, have coco/perl will be 50/50 with a mild mix of nutes hy-gen, or any recommendations in the brand? Lights are 400w his, photo under a 600w. Ill germ the photo on cotton wool at the same time. I dont usually mix the nutes to strong anyway but thinking I might need separate res. I was hoping to flip the photos around week 7 and pull the auto. Strains are auto grapefruit and kalashnikov

Back
Top Bottom