Topher89's DWC Blue Mystic Grow

wow, just a question. did you cut back on the nutes? those look a lil overfertilized. not bashin ya thats just what it looks like to me.

Oh well thats good to hear. so ur on the right track. I'll keep stopin by to see how your doin. im sure theyll perk right back up.

Whats the ppm?

Well, the full dose of nutrients is around 1100 for veg and 1450 for Flowering, buuuut I currently haven't purchased a PPM/TDS meter... It was that or the HPS! (Girlfriend is a scrooge)

Speaking of..... She decided she wanted to go to bed last night, so my updates stopped! hahaha I'll get the pics up from early this morning when I finished here in a minute.

So. I cut holes in the bottoms of the net pots, in order to get the roots into the water.

SANY1020.jpg

I also made some changes so that all 6 net pots could be used for plants... The tubes now run through 2 separate holes in the Res.

SANY1024.jpg

I trimmed the 2 plants that I intend to keep, and topped them as well.

SANY1025.jpg

After topping and trimming, the two plants got moved under the HPS. They are in 1/3rd strength nutrients this week, and will bump up to 2/3 next week.

SANY1027.jpg

SANY1028.jpg

I had 2 seeds germinate from the 5 bagseed I tossed in water, so the 2 that have tap roots are in the back, and the other 3 are in the front. (Only been 72 hours, they could still pop)

The Aerogarden plugs were soaked in a B1 Solution for about a minute each.

SANY1026.jpg

Well, after a few hours with the lights 12 inches away, the temp is staying solid at 84. It seems that is reasonable, as before it was staying around 81 most of the time. I am curious if I move the light up another inch if it would drop a couple degrees. I suppose it will also get hotter during the day.

Day 24/1

Oh Noes! Root Rot!

*Sigh* It's true.... The root rot that I experienced with the one Sour D plant has been replicated with the Blue Mystic, Despite all growth looking decent.

There has been very slow growth, but I have been attributing that to the transplant. When I opened to PH and take a look tonight, it was obvious that the early signs of root rot were setting in.

As for causes, my temps are staying between 65-70 (Aquarium thermometer) and my nutrients include the Thrive Alive B-1 solution... So I would assume that I had those things covered. As I can't spend the 40$ on 35% H2O2 I think I will just get some 3% Drug store stuff on the way home from work tomorrow, and try to figure out the dosing for that.

I also thought that The Rot could be caused by light getting into the Res, So I made some covers out of reflective tape and cardboard to go over any plant site that wasn't in use. I think that there could have been light getting through the holes in the nets.... So this was the best I could come up with the stop that from happening.

I am also flirting with the idea of cutting both plants up as clones... And then moving to the AG with the 2 seedlings. Hrm.

OH YES, I threw a fan onto the ducting spot on the HPS, thinking it might pull some heat up, but in the 5 hours it has been on, nothing has changed... I think I'll just scratch that idea for the moment.

SANY1049.jpg

SANY1043.jpg

SANY1042.jpg

Sprouts on day 1! Woo!

SANY1044.jpg

You 100% certianly absolutely definitely do NOT have anywhere approx. near the amount of bubbles you need: thats the source of your rootrot.

not even close :) thow another air pump and some more stones in there,, that water should be bubbling /rolling.

Back
Top Bottom