Topical phoenix tears with moldy weed?

Bubblecloud

Wondering if it is safe to use Rick Simpson oil/phoenix tears made with weed that may be a tad bit moldy?
(Unsure how it is. a bit stale - not full out hairs/spores etc)...

It would strictly be 100% topical (Acne, psoriasis...) not ingested.

I understand the risk if it is ingested/inhaled but wondering if it can perhaps be used topically.

Thanks for your time! :)

Hi. I am not boasting but I know a thing or two about topical ointments.

I would do independent research into how spores might affect your skin if they get into it.

But truly, if it was just stale, why do you consider it moldy? Does it smell moldy? Most molds have a very distinct smell when they release spores. So if it smells moldy I would think it has spores it is releasing.

Mind you, it's not just the spores that can hurt you when it comes to mold. Mold, as an organism, produces a liquid chemical with lots of nasty stuff in it. I really dont know if these chemicals can hurt you if applied topically.

Myself, if I e researched and havent found a definitive answer, I would err on the cautious side and just throw that old weed out.

All my best,
~Magnus

I don't see why not. I'm not familiar with the process for making the oil you're talking about, does it use any form of alcohol, or heat to make it? Because both of those would kill the mould.
No. You need quite intense heat to kill mold and dont think alcohol does kill mold. I'm not sure but that would be something else to research.

I'll give you the heat thing, the articles I found recommended the oven at the lowest setting, although the clothes dryer works for fabric.
I found this, and 6 others like it before I stopped counting when it comes to alcohol.
alcvsmould.JPG

I'll give you the heat thing, the articles I found recommended the oven at the lowest setting, although the clothes dryer works for fabric.
I found this, and 6 others like it before I stopped counting when it comes to alcohol.
alcvsmould.JPG
I'm glad you found credible answers to help guide you. Much better than doing it and not knowing.

All my best,
~Magnus

Thank you for the replies and input!

(Was on roaming data and couldn’t reply :)

Some of the weed was moldy - the hairs, black rot and smelled-. Although a lot of it was salvageable, it actually kind of smells like the stuff people used to get from Mexico years ago! Brick weed. Not fully lost just a bit gamey/stale - like it should be in a barn...

as I’ve heard, even inactive/dead mould spores can be agitative to the system. Hence my concern. Will look into some of the suggestions you guys made.

Thank you again!

I don't see why not. I'm not familiar with the process for making the oil you're talking about, does it use any form of alcohol, or heat to make it? Because both of those would kill the mould.
If you want to make sure you can get two tubs of water had a bottle or two depending on how much you're doing a isopropyl in one and in the next one you put some lemon juice and baking soda then you run it through the isopropyl then the lemon juice and baking soda and then a rinse and that usually cleans some really really moldy pot for me and can't even taste it after that. Or just add some aloe vera to it it gets rid of mold

If you want to make sure you can get two tubs of water had a bottle or two depending on how much you're doing a isopropyl in one and in the next one you put some lemon juice and baking soda then you run it through the isopropyl then the lemon juice and baking soda and then a rinse and that usually cleans some really really moldy pot for me and can't even taste it after that. Or just add some aloe vera to it it gets rid of mold
This is an old post. The problem is, in using moldy weed, yes you can kill the mold, but you will not destroy the Aflatoxin that many mold/fungus produce. Heating to decarb temps does not destroy it. Aflatoxin (as the name implies) is toxic, and carcinogenic, you want to avoid it!!!

Back
Top Bottom