Topping a plant.

Santurro99

Just wondering when is the best time to top a plant and if anyone can give me a good way to do this? I have read many different ways. Do i just cut the top of the plant where the new leaves emerge? Plants are 4 weeks old and started from seed. Not sure if I have any females yet.

Just wondering when is the best time to top a plant and if anyone can give me a good way to do this? I have read many different ways. Do i just cut the top of the plant where the new leaves emerge? Plants are 4 weeks old and started from seed. Not sure if I have any females yet.

If you're going to cut them back, clone the cuttings and start them under 12/12 light right away. By the time they root they should be showing sex so you don't waste time growing males. You can up the hours of light to 18-24 to get the new girls back to vegging. Look up cloning in these forums for detailed info.

Hope that helps. :peace:

I normally cut below the 6th set of leaves at approx 4 weeks, depending on the plant, but I've read pros, and cons regarding shock, potency, and yield you may want to read first.

Cool thanks for the help. I toped two using the FIM method and left the other two to see what happens. Anyone try FIM method?

Are you trying to make a mother plant or make more bud sites?here is a pick of one mother plant toped well in the hundreds tree_mom - 420 Magazine Photo Galleryhere is the trunk Media let me know what you are trying to do.mother plants are great for cloning but suck for bud production.so if your topping for more bud i wouldnt suggest it.if you are doing it to clone chop away remember that the plant will suffer in prodution when you veg her.I dont even bloom moms anymore just trash them.

ScrOGing a mom?

.mother plants are great for cloning but suck for bud production.so if your topping for more bud i wouldnt suggest it.if you are doing it to clone chop away remember that the plant will suffer in prodution when you veg her.I dont even bloom moms anymore just trash them.

Pit, how do u think one (A mother) would perform in an ScrOG set up with all of the tops? Never thought about it.

Back
Top Bottom