Topping, Fimming or a combination.... not sure?

Gorhad

Hi all

I have a total of 6 plants and hopefully at least 4 more clones.

2 Matures
2 Adolescents
2 Babies

All came from a newbie blind grow I did from last year (lots of probs with pests etc). Anyway I feel I'm finally slowly getting there.

My question is, I am limited on grow space both square footage and definitely height. My matures sit perfect in there , however the others are staring to grow vertically like crazy. So can I top them or fim or a combination of both to reduce the height but increase the density?

One baby and one adolescent

20140305_151412.jpg

20140305_151611.jpg

20140305_151712.jpg

How far down each one could i go and the cutting are they clone able?

Thanks

Topping is only removing the sprouting main stem top - just .5 inch. FIM - "Fuck I missed" means you do a crude topping and leave part of the sprout remaining.

I have removed a top, several nodes down, in vegging.

Removing the top sprout causes the plant hormones to shift to other sprouts that are at the top - making them 'the main stem'.

DN

Tie the main over and make it a short huge bush. Very low stress and works the best. Or you can top and then tie both of the nodes oer after they grow out. If you have no clue what I am talking about my link shows my girls tied over after being fimmed and topped.

I always try to clone from lower of plant. Two reasons. One why not clone what your cutting to lolly popping anyway. Two not much light will get to the bottom nodes to make good buds so use them as clones.

Back
Top Bottom