Topping for idiots?

NorCAKnowYourGrow

I feel seriously stupid - or incredibly scared - to top any of my plants. lol!

I keep looking at pictures, researching and questioning my every move. Ha. It's my second year of grow so I gotta pop this cherry and have the guts to try some new methods.

Can someone take a look at my pics and tell me if this girl is ready to top and exactly where??? Please?

Thank you!!

Attachments

• IMG_7326.jpg
    IMG_7326.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_7327.jpg
    IMG_7327.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 29
Look like they got some deficiencies, maybe start by telling us what your feeding with, are you giving them cal/mag? Looking quite yellow my friend

and being apprehensive about topping a plant is a normal feeling, once you do pull the trigger you’ll realize the worry was for nothing.

This a clone? Where did all the fan leafs go?

Yeah, I know, they all got stressed when my own life got stressed. I sort of tried to limp them along just like I was and they all took it worse than me. lol I'm getting them back to health now. I just transplanted to a larger container two days ago and, believe it or not, she looks a ton better. They all do....

I use Humboldt's Secret and just gave them a healthy shot of Golden Tree. I'm going to stop with that for a day or two as I've found when I get them in 420 soil it has helped with recovery a bit. Then I'll get on with the regular nute regimen I used last year that worked super well.

They shriveled and died...like I said, I'm just starting to work on getting them back to health. I'm sure it's a nitrogen deficiency. And then some. I'm working on it.

Yes, clone. Not sure how old. I've had it for four weeks.

I think I need to see pictures to know exactly what to do. I've read top to third note, 5th/6th, etc. and like I said, topping for idiots...I'm not TOTALLY positive where on this plant that means. lol I won't be topping until I've got all the plants back to health. Just trying to educate myself here once I can or the next set of plants I work on.

Meanwhile, I shoved all my free seeds in some dirt in case these go to shit.

That really helps. I'm really trying to learn. I am likely not to top these girls unless they recover well. I am going to try to LST a few of them. I have a lot of seeds and room to grow so I can play around a bit.

The picture is super helpful!!

I wouldn’t even think about topping this plant, If I were you I’d wait till my other seeds broke soil and concentrate your topping idea on those.

The five seeds I have are perfect for trying a few methods. They are varieties that the seller through in for free and they aren't strains I particularly want so if I screw it up - oh well. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom