Topping question/advice

Puff420

So one of my plants is getting big 12+ in and I need to hide my 3 plants for a little bit. They have been vegging since end of nov. I am thinking I am going to store them in rubber made totes for a day or two. The one plant is too big the other I should be able to hide no problem. So I either have to find another hidding spot lst it severly some how or cut about 3 or 4 in off the top at the stem. Would this be ok? Would it damage my plant severly? I would like to veg some more after maybe to grow back an inch or so would this be possible? Also would this severly stress my plant? I'm in no rush to flower so if it takes time that's ok please advise any help advise or unforscene problems would be great

Take a look at this link:

Supercropping - a tutorial

You can either supercrop or top to solve your problem. In most cases the plants are not shocked or serverly affected. They actaully seem to like it and both techniques can lead to more bud. When a plant is damaged in any way it sends repair nutes to the site and all the plant parts below that get their taste also and grow bigger. Takes less than a week to see good results for either technique

Great thanks. But I will be cutting off more then just the top if I take off inches. This means that some branches will be coming off with it does that make a difference I don't want to mutilate my plant

I think topping will work for me then if I can top like 4 inches it should be small enough for me to hide this is all because of a stupid home inspection can't have anyone finding the ladies. I hate to do it cutting I mean but it seems like my only option I can't give them to anyone because no one knows about them. If the plant will recover that's great news. Thanks mostley you hit the nail on the head if you have any more advice please don't hesitate apreciate it bro

Time to do it and chill. Ain't no big thing for the plant and I've senn hundred of guys do it without any trouble at all. Two colas for the price of one! I know it's scary the first time but be brave. I use a razor blade to make the cut but a utility knife will do. Before you do it steady yourself and concentrate on the task at hand. Cut them at a 45 degree angle at most about 1/4-1/2" above a nice set of leaves and your there. If you're not going to plant what you cut save it somewhere and try to smoke it and see if you get high. Some strains have something in them at an early age. No up high to it usually but sometime a little mellow buzz.

Hey thanks again for the advice. I topped the plant last night I cut about 2 nodes off and looks like now it will fit I might have to slightly tie it down but it looks good. My other plant was also I little taller then I thought so I lst it and that worked great so all three of my plants should go differently it's will be an experiment in yeild now as see what produces more. The plant I topped I checked on this morning and it looks like it purked up which is great and hey if I get mire cola spots all the better!!!!

Congratulations on entering the world of canopy management! It will be interesting to see how the different techniques affect the yield. It's all about how it works for you and your plants. I haven't even told you about fimming but that can happen next grow. Reason I didn't is that you seemed in need of smaller plants so LST, Supercropping and topping were needed.

Back
Top Bottom