Topping

Topping is a really good thing if your gonna do a scrog Im guessing?

I think topping is good for any setup... But thats just me, I noticed an enormous amount of growth a few days after I topped.

I think topping is good for any setup... But thats just me, I noticed an enormous amount of growth a few days after I topped.

What would be better in the long run I fimmed both my ladies is topping better?

I'm not really sure since I have never fimmed one of my girls. I feel a lot better topping than I would trying to fim. I mean FIM stands for "f*ck I missed" right? I don't like missing, I like being as precise as possible...:smokin:

I've used both and I've used both on the same plant. You can top and get two main colas but why not fim the side growth and get that repair nutes the Crower talked about going at high speed and have multiple tops everywhere.

Now that kind of varies by strain. If you have a strain that likes to grow a big main cola with few side branches, topping is the way to go and you won't have many side branches to fim. On the other hand if you have the typical indica christmas tree shape you can fim the sides after you top it. I'd do the topping one day and wait about 3-4 days to fim to keep the plant shock level down. What you are looking for is a nice even canopy with multple buds all over the place.

Fim is not that hard to do. Gather your growing tip and cut 3/4 of the foliage off. Whala! Fimmed! It acts just like a top but you get three tops. The leftover tip will grow out but just have funny looking leaves and the two underneath it will grow out and form a 3 headed monster.

Topping is always a good thing, in reality, it is simply cutting off one top so that two will grow back. That way I can DOULE my yield in buds, and really nearly tripple them, comp[ared to not topping and fimming. Timing is important and having patience inbetween toppings.

Welcome to 420, GAME. Glad you're here.

I did notice big increase in grow towards fimming my ladies...The bottom of my plants are going nuts and making it seem more bushy...

I think most growers will describe FIMMING and TOPPING differently , but what you want to do is just hunt those tops, or tips of each branch, and snip them off to force two to grow back. Then, if you did it while the plant is young, go back and snip those new ones to double up on them too.

Glad to meet you, Crower619, glad you're here.

Thanks much for the post very useful-I'm definitely a FIMing fool! What does it stand for?

Roseman, I read your links in your sig when I first joined and I gotta say that you are the man!!! No doubt about it, I learned soooooo much from reading those posts.

Ive decided that Im gonna do a hempy style scrog grow here soon. My situation changed from what I originally wanted to do, but its gonna be scrog 100% Im thinking.

thanks for the thread rosemanIwatched one of the vids from greenhouse seeds they also showed topping and pruning with thier big haze varietys you need to do both theyhad 4 main colas and pruned for circulation I guess you have to with 9ft christmass trees keep the threads coming man great info reps and peace bro

Back
Top Bottom