Topping

cbgb

hey 420 peeps , when and how should i "top" a plant ? a few grows under my belt and would like to start trying new things........like mainlining and training, etc.....how can i achieve results like the pixs below ? or maybe you could point me in the right direction..................thanks all !!

:Namaste::thanks:

Start your plant in veg like this... then flip to 12 12 for flower

Mainlining takes time, it's not for everyone. Useful if you're only doing a few plants.

I'm trying to get 1gram+ per watt on this female.

IMG_024142.JPG

V:bongrip:

thank you mr. putin, wow , that is pretty cool , almost like a form of bonsai.....yes, just a couple for me,entertainment purposes...... gotta start topping first before i have a beauty like yours..excuse my ignorance but is that a socket w/ a wire into the soil ? .........any info on topping will be helpful ..... got a few success' w/o under my belt....:thanks:

I usually wait until I have five nodes. Then I take the bottom two, leaving me three, then I top it giving me two nodes or four branches. From there I'll grow it a bit until I top those four branches, which gives me eight main colas and that's a number I like to take to bloom. Everyone does it a little differently, that's how I do it. Good luck!

I usually wait until I have five nodes. Then I take the bottom two, leaving me three, then I top it giving me two nodes or four branches. From there I'll grow it a bit until I top those four branches, which gives me eight main colas and that's a number I like to take to bloom. Everyone does it a little differently, that's how I do it. Good luck!

Nice advice. I also prefer do the same.

Nice advice. I also prefer do the same.

Thanks man, that's one way I do it. Of course there are a lot of ways. If I have the time, usually in the summer, I'll wait until I get alternating nodes, and then I'll top, clean up lower growth and bring to bloom in a couple of weeks. Those plants tend to be much taller, whereas in the winter indoors I have some height restrictions. But, I prefer to grow bushes and eight is a good number with the seven gallon cans I use....

thank you mr. putin, wow , that is pretty cool , almost like a form of bonsai.....yes, just a couple for me,entertainment purposes...... gotta start topping first before i have a beauty like yours..excuse my ignorance but is that a socket w/ a wire into the soil ? .........any info on topping will be helpful ..... got a few success' w/o under my belt....:thanks:

High CBGB,
that wire you see is simply a solid core copper wire that I shoved into the coco to hold up my Hygrometer/Thermometer around the height of the canopy. I keep my CMH 6" off the canopy which is pretty close and so needs constant monitoring.

If you're just starting out, don't put your light too close like me. I'm just pushing the limits to keep stretch down and try to break the 1 Gram per watt barrier. 200 grams dried from this plant would leave me over the moon.

When your plants are just starting past the 5th node, you want to start bending stuff. No need to top if you want to create a bonsai like this one I'm mainlining. It took me 5 weeks to get the shape I wanted before flipping to 12/12. Today is Day 04 of flower and already pistils are shooting up.

Head on to my journal in my Sig below and ask away buddy.

Vlad:bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom