topsy turvy, as seen on t.v.

420boogie

what do u guys think about using a topsy turvey to grow your cannabis? they sell it on t.v. to grow tomatoes... but what if you put a light under it and grew your bud upside down? Please respond with opinions:surf:

HAHAHA. I have thought the same thing. I cant see how it would be helpful at all. In theory just like the tomatos it should work though. I think its more of a visual thing.

I could see how it would work. If your top cola's are facing down, gravity will help pull the resin down and out of the pores, where it normally has to fight gravity to protrude. I would be willing to bet they would practically drip with resin, it would seem to make nutrient transportation a mush more efficient process, which if I'm not mistaken, is the secret to how and why the tomatoes get so big so quick.

I could see how it would work. If your top cola's are facing down, gravity will help pull the resin down and out of the pores, where it normally has to fight gravity to protrude. I would be willing to bet they would practically drip with resin, it would seem to make nutrient transportation a mush more efficient process, which if I'm not mistaken, is the secret to how and why the tomatoes get so big so quick.

Almost worth trying once, eh. Hmmm dripping resin :yummy:

i thought about it alot actually im glad you posted this thread.my thought would be gravity would pull the oils and resin down but the issue with herb is that it grows toward the sun naturaully. tomatoes are dense therefore have an natural anchor, this being thenselves.the plants with go up rather then down. just like when you grow vertical the plant grow toward the light.you would have to prune the inside so that they would not get to dense by the base of the stems.

These are the only downfalls that i found. But i do feel growing them in gurrilla gardens would be the most effective way with these.imagine trees with them hanging around like fruit.

i thought about it alot actually im glad you posted this thread.my thought would be gravity would pull the oils and resin down but the issue with herb is that it grows toward the sun naturaully. tomatoes are dense therefore have an natural anchor, this being thenselves.the plants with go up rather then down. just like when you grow vertical the plant grow toward the light.you would have to prune the inside so that they would not get to dense by the base of the stems.

These are the only downfalls that i found. But i do feel growing them in gurrilla gardens would be the most effective way with these.imagine trees with them hanging around like fruit.

I see where your coming from, but what about say 4' indoor plants hanging 7' off the ground with hps near the floor. I assume you would have to control the heat from the lamps somehow. But, I just wonder what effect this would have on yield, resin production, etc

They're only $10 at Home Depot! I may have to try a little experiment, I just ordered my first HPS may need another really soon. I am cutting some clones tommorow so I will decide whether or not to try this out in the next couple of days... (Granted enough clones survive to have room for experimentation)

maybe I will try it. I'm going to take the reflector off my light so that I can hang a topsy turvy above it and compare buds at harvest and document the difference in bloom time/potency/yeild/etc

Back
Top Bottom