Toronto Prof Demands Ventilated Room For Pot

420AM&PM

A Toronto professor is refusing to step foot on York University's campus until the school accommodates his need for medically-sanctioned marijuana.

Brian MacLean said Health Canada has authorized him to use pot for an undisclosed illness. But he said there's nowhere on campus where he can smoke it.

MacLean said he needs to medicate many times throughout the day and that he can't not smoke marijuana while he's at work. He said he wants York to create a ventilated room for him, similar to the one the University of Toronto created for a professor who also smokes medical marijuana.

Until his need is accommodated, MacLean is holding all of his policing classes off-campus.

MacLean has tried to hide the fact he's smoking marijuana by rolling the joints to look like regular cigarettes and walking to the far edges of the campus to smoke.

But he's afraid passersby and students who smell it on him in class are passing judgment on him.

MacLean said he submitted the Health Canada paperwork to university administrators two months ago, but so far the university hasn't done anything.

University spokesman Alex Bilyk said the issue had been brought up with the labour relations office and they are now working with the union to work out accommodation.

Newshawk: 420AM&PM - 420 Magazine
Source: HR Reporter (Canada)
Pubdate: October 20, 2006
Copyright: © 2005 Carswell, a division of Thomson Canada Limited.

Problem with that is, there is no plug out side and the vaporizor bag would be a little hard to hide from prying eyes. Remember, he was trying to not be TOO obvious... :laughtwo:

We have to remember most of all, our choice of ingestion is not to HIDE our cannabis usage, it is to allow the sick and dying people of our Country the same legal rights that are bestowed upon cigar smokers and to allow us to have our medication injested in many ways. I can eat a cannabis cookie out in public but smoking a joint works faster for the pain in my face - do I suffer because YOU are uncomforatble that I CHOOSE smoking??

As "Federal Medical Marijuana Exemptees" or legal cannabis patients, we are entitled to the same respect that ANYONE in this Country has a right to.

I smoke EVERYWHERE I go. NO exception. I have smoked at every Restaurant I have attended, every bar, every dance club, Sports venue, and every other public event you can think of like a Concert, the Circus or different Amusement Parks all across this Country. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I will not stop because I don't want to suffer. I don't have to either. I won't stop smoking OR fighting for our right to legalize and regulate ALL drugs.

EVER.

Major props to a second Professor coming out to the Canadian Public and the World!

It will be interesting to see if this "coming out party" starts something BIG with our professional, corporate, white collar World... :hmmmm:

Love and a squish,

Alison
xx

thats cool you smoke everywhere

requesting a special room being built isnt exactly a way of keeping it on the downlow

now everyone who reads about him knows

Back
Top Bottom