Torque05's Soil Grow - Barneys Farm Red Diesel 2010/11

Looking very nice and healthy bro, and nice to see you are still around. That Red D really reminds me of my Sour D's the way early in bud formation the stalk to the top bud looks disproportionately large compared to the bud on it at first. then, before long the bud swells to make the stem look normal, but I've never really seen another strain that its so exaggerated at first. look forward to hella dense round supernugs bro, I think they're coming!!

Hi Guys,

The girls are still looking heathly, and the last couple of days havn't got down to the minus tempertaures we've been having so thats always a plus.

BlueDog, im glad someone else has a Red Diesel seed, honestly one of the nicest strains ive tasted, although like Van Diesel i am rather bias to the Diesel strains. Both plants look similar considering the massivly different techniques used to grow them. The back one looks very similar to the first one i grew, the other is a monster and uncharted terrtory for me.

Van Diesel, The Red Diesels a lovely strain if you get a chance to grow it you will not be dissapointed, although after looking through your SD grow im sure you could make a much better go of it than me. I tried some SD in amsterdam which blew my mind, the only reason im not growing that next is because i really dont have the room for the bushy Sativa dominant plant in my grow room, im looking to Scrog some nice cheesey indica's.

Im not so sure about the dense supernugs with my lighting in there, think ill have 1 or 2 nice ones, still need more light up there, but heat and space is a bit of an issue, im going to be looking into a 4 bulb reflector soon enough, just need the funds first.

Happy Smoking chaps. :tokin:

Hello again!

Even with this cold weather the girls are still going strong. Compared to my 1st grow these ladies are unbelieveable. The extra light has made a HUGE difference and the LST has also helped a lot. This growing thing is almost more addictive than the ganj, i love it.

Time for some pictures then i think,
Introducing Miss Cheese. This girl is really holding her own now. im impressed at the rate shes coming along, shes now as tall as the smaller Red D. Will be giving her extra time compared with the other 2, then just leave her until shes ready.

IMG_09347.jpg

IMG_09107.jpg

IMG_09265.jpg

Cheese is on the right, you can clearly see the indica dominiance in its growth pattern.
IMG_095310.jpg

IMG_09559.jpg

Now the larger girls.

IMG_094210.jpg

This is the back right plant, appologies for the photo's/lack of, shes pretty hidden behind the Cheese and i dont like disturbing them too much.

IMG_091412.jpg

IMG_09447.jpg

And now the queen, much easier to take nice pics of this girl.

IMG_09216.jpg

IMG_09498.jpg

IMG_09549.jpg

IMG_09485.jpg

IMG_09514.jpg

IMG_09506.jpg

That just aboutwraps it up. In 4 Days im going to stop the nutes and give the two RD's just water for 2 weeks then see where we are. The cheese will probably go to just water when i cut the RD's.

Thanks for looking people, hope you like!

Happy smoking!

Hey Torque I was wondering what's up with you and the rd's... really good things looks like! Were they slow growers when they were seedlings? Mine's 2 weeks old now and just a tiny little thing.

Can't wait for the harvest and smoke reports, won't be long now...:goodjob:

Hi!

Thanks for the kind words j4s2u0, glad to have you on board. Im just doing the best i can with little lights! Next has got to be a scrog grow methinks! Thatll be a learning curve.

BlueDog, cheers for sticking with this grow, i knowimabit useless at updates :D I dont really have anything to compare the Red Diesels too apart from the cheese and that was started later. I gave both of mine 6-7 weeks from planting, hope this helps! I had a nose through your journal, tis very very nice! do you have any more current pics of the RD?

Hey Torque! Sometimes I think I post way too much in my journal but I don't have nearly as busy a life as lots of you guys.

My RD is just sitting there vegging out, I'll post new pics in a few days. I can't wait to see what she can do for me. Thanks and take care!

Better late than never man, glad to have you on board! I've also joined your first grow looks great.

Updates soon!

Update time.

Today was the last day of nutes for the plants, two weeks roughly left. Tell me what you think, anything i could do better next time around, hopefuly going to be scrog.

Heres the pictures in no particular order this time as im quite stoned, ill post a pic of what iv got in a second! Been told its purple haze but also been told ph is extinct.

IMG_09606.jpg

IMG_09577.jpg

IMG_09624.jpg

IMG_09655.jpg

IMG_09614.jpg

IMG_09667.jpg

IMG_09708.jpg

IMG_09686.jpg

IMG_09748.jpg

Cant wait to see what your RD does BlueDog, im guessing you have a lot more light than me. I'd love to double mine!

Anyway thats all guys, im gna post that picture up in a sec, gotta roll first :tokin:

The Nug:

IMG_09777.jpg

IMG_09766.jpg

im not sure, im going to see how it goes. Two weeks will be nine weeks flowering, if they dont look done i wont cut it. The cheese plant will take at least 2 weeks longer than the RD's i think.

Hey Torque you're doing great! I think they look awesome.

I read this site at work on my phone when I can, but it's a pain to use it to respond so sometimes I just look at threads and forget to respond until they pop up again... sorry about that!

Do you have a scope to check the trichs? That's the only reliable way to know what's going on with her. For me the next best thing would be test buds.

To me they look like they can go longer. Are you counting from when you flipped the lights or when you first saw pistils?

Hi guys, sorry very drink when I posted my little plea for responses! That's for gettin back so quickly though!!
Im counting the weeks from when the lights came on after the 36 hours dark. I unfortunatly don't have a scope. Are they available from hydroponic stores? Could go get one tomorrow.
I'll be posting pics more and more often in the next two weeks anyway, if you guys think it's going to be longer then I'm more than happy to wait!

Peace

Hey Torque05 tour girls look great !!!
you should count your flowering days from when they first start shooting white hairs this can take up to two weeks from changing the light cycle as you probably know
as two tokes said they don't look like they will be ready ready in two weeks I would let them go a little longer and continue feeding them nutrients
you can can buy them scope things from a hydro store yes
good look bro your doing a great job just try and be patient and they will reward you in the end :peacetwo:

Cheers for all the help chaps, and thanks for checking out the grow SirDankalot!

I will definatly carry on going then! What do you think about cutting some of the top buds when they're ready and letting the others develop?

Thanks again

You're making the right decision Torque. And I only want a smoke report from a perfect red diesel :)

Are you in the US? Radio Shack is the best place to get that scope, about $15.

Back
Top Bottom