Total Newbie here - Ordered Green Crack and Dark Angel. Basic advice?

Finn

Howdy all,

I have never grown anything. Or used anything for that matter. So I am completely in the dark here. I was planning on growing outside, but an option is a shed or a walled off part of a garage. Can you take a moment and just give me some basic advice getting started? Should I plant outside, or in? In the shed, or the garage? The shed has a raised wood floor, and the garage is cement.

I live in NorCal, and the weather is just starting to warm up. So, apart from ordering the seeds, what is next?

Thank you kindly!

I like the web site growweedeasy.com as a primer. It's pretty good and quite comprehensive.

Next you have to decide:
1. Indoors or out?
Are you concerned about security? Do you have a gardener, pool guy? Just because growing is state legal where you are, that doesn't mean people won't steal your stuff. Too many people are in and out of my back yard and too many people can see into it. That's why I grow indoors.

2. Soil or hydro? I'm using Coco coir indoors, but a lot of amazing growers here are using soil mixes.

3. If growing indoors, what type of light and timer will I use. Almost regardless of type, you will need to set up some kind of air movement. Cannabis likes a breeze.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm 500 bucks in with 4 plants near harvest on my first grow and I'm planning to smoke my 1st joint next week on my 45th birthday. After they legalized pot last November, I thought, why not grow some weed? I'm loving the growing part. Hopefully, the product is good at the end.

Dan__

I like the web site growweedeasy.com as a primer. It's pretty good and quite comprehensive.

Next you have to decide:
1. Indoors or out?
Are you concerned about security? Do you have a gardener, pool guy? Just because growing is state legal where you are, that doesn't mean people won't steal your stuff. Too many people are in and out of my back yard and too many people can see into it. That's why I grow indoors.

2. Soil or hydro? I'm using Coco coir indoors, but a lot of amazing growers here are using soil mixes.

3. If growing indoors, what type of light and timer will I use. Almost regardless of type, you will need to set up some kind of air movement. Cannabis likes a breeze.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm 500 bucks in with 4 plants near harvest on my first grow and I'm planning to smoke my 1st joint next week on my 45th birthday. After they legalized pot last November, I thought, why not grow some weed? I'm loving the growing part. Hopefully, the product is good at the end.

Dan__

Thanks for the great info, Dan! Still haven't got my seeds, but I was told it would take up to 10 days. I am on day 5 now.

Howdy all,

I have never grown anything. Or used anything for that matter. So I am completely in the dark here. I was planning on growing outside, but an option is a shed or a walled off part of a garage. Can you take a moment and just give me some basic advice getting started? Should I plant outside, or in? In the shed, or the garage? The shed has a raised wood floor, and the garage is cement.

I live in NorCal, and the weather is just starting to warm up. So, apart from ordering the seeds, what is next?

Thank you kindly!
Pay attention to that article when it talks about climate control! Have a plan to heat and cool BEFORE you have too. Learn from about 98℅ of us.
If it isn't fun and relaxing, your thinking too much!
Guage

"Be a man not a kid, smoke pot by the lid".......Bucky

Back
Top Bottom