Total THC % Levels: Analysis Methods?

philthegeek

Hi! Been growing a variety that is, according to the person i got it from, a cross between White Widow and a local industrial variety. Crossed up by someone looking to breed for the medical industry who wanted lower THC but higher CBD / CBN.

Have done a couple of grows and they don't frost up with trichomes anywhere near the extent that i have seen on pics of WWidow.

That said.

On smoking, a 3 paper joint of a 50/50 the bud / leaf mix that has cured for 6 months, including 1/3 tobacco to dilute, leave me very stoned and often needing to be prone and comatose a hour or two.

Leaf smoked on its own is a nice mild buzz. Have been doing tinctures. 4g buds to 25ml Ethanol. 4 drops of that in a bucket of coffee nice buzz for a couple of hours and sleep well.

This variety tends to go short and bushy under lights...which is good. Seems to work well for LST. I now have a decent stock of fresh seeds that are female (pollen derived from females that went hermie. Got 20/20 females out of the last germination for the current grow.

There is no way i can buy seeds online because of my location and circumstance. But, this variety seems to be working fine for me so thats no prob.

Anyway...rambling....

What i am after is some method to work out % THC? There are meters out there but way to many $ for me. Gas Chromatograph analysis is the definitive way to go but don't know anyone who can do that discretely. Most of the test kits i have seen online are presence / absence of cannabis only. If i can get an analysis of the tincture i make i can work backwards to get total THC for the plant.

Anyhow, just puttin it out there if anyone has any ideas on how to get a realistic figure for this, without going the GC route.

Seeyahs!

In the end THC% doesn't matter. Its whats in there that matters. Some strains can do more with 16 to 18% then others can do with 30%. It is not just sativa or indica they both can do wonders with lower THC levels. Lots of strains can get you to a happy place with over 25% THC. While only a few strains with the same Ind/Sat %. Will take you to that same place with the same amount of a 19%.

Strong does not mean good. But "Testing" that would be really cool. Especially if you could do it in home with something other then a rolling paper.

Back
Top Bottom