Toughest laws against cannabis

420SOS

420 Member
Cannabis is not accepted worldwide nearly as it should, I´ve been doing some research about countries with the most severe laws oposing cannabis consumption, has any of you experienced or heard of extreme anti cannabis policies?

President Rodrigo Duterte in the Philippines is on a campaign to kill any drug distributors in his country. Whether it be cocaine or pot, he is totally against it and wants you killed. We had a business down in Nicaragua for a while, until the Sandinista's rose up again and made it too dangerous for Yanks to go down there... and I believe there was a lifetime jail term for growing pot there too.

Malaysia, has severe penalties as well as Singapore, and a few others have the death penalty. Tough part is that a lot of countries equate possession of small amounts with dealing.
They need to understand that for many of us, possession just means we haven't had a chance to smoke it all yet. :)

People do smoke in Malaysia though, same as everywhere, and the times I was there it was pretty common to be asked on the street if I wanted to buy some. I was always like- ‘fuck no...’
Japan used to be very extreme. Not sure where things are at with them these days.

President Rodrigo Duterte in the Philippines is on a campaign to kill any drug distributors in his country. Whether it be cocaine or pot, he is totally against it and wants you killed. We had a business down in Nicaragua for a while, until the Sandinista's rose up again and made it too dangerous for Yanks to go down there... and I believe there was a lifetime jail term for growing pot there too.
Yes, It's crazy over there, a real war on drugs and its all moving to Thailand where it is the complete opposite from the Philippines

Y
Malaysia, has severe penalties as well as Singapore, and a few others have the death penalty. Tough part is that a lot of countries equate possession of small amounts with dealing.
Yes and they even apply those same policies on unknowing foreigners who end up paying dearly at times for an innocent mistake

I
People do smoke in Malaysia though, same as everywhere, and the times I was there it was pretty common to be asked on the street if I wanted to buy some. I was always like- ‘fuck no...’
Japan used to be very extreme. Not sure where things are at with them these days.
I would be dead scared to be caught in any of those places with weed, I might go for it but I would definitely think a whole lot about it

In th UK they may not be too bad but you better believe how stupid and confusing it can be, so, if your caught with a full house grow you get around 6-24months depending on your criminal past, you grow smaller grows a little over 10 plants you end up getting 24-48 months, you get caught dealing then depending on the judge and yes I'm sure they judge you on you look can go from anywhere between a fine and community service to 3 years in jail.

So in theory the more plants you grow on such a large scale ends up working out less jail time than a few home grown plants to self medicate!

Then you have big scale smoke in the park events that get secured by police and no one gets caught, yet you could be sat in the countryside minding your own business trying to find peace and bang your behind bars, madness.

Want confusion then get yourself here!

@Barney86 @Ganjagrandaddy What are your views?

would be dead scared to be caught in any of those places with weed,

It’s like anywhere under prohibition- people learn to walk the line, and there might be quiet places where people smoke pretty casually. Being a foreigner though you’re obviously more clueless, and more at risk for someone looking to make bribe money.
Last time I was in Georgetown (Penang Malaysia) some guy yelled across the street to me ‘Hey buddy, wanna buy some pot?! I’ve got coke. I’ve got heroin’.
This actually happened. He looked serious. Not sure wtf was going on there.... but it was definitely the right time to ‘just say no’

Yes and they even apply those same policies on unknowing foreigners who end up paying dearly at times for an innocent mistake

Same applies traveling in the States really though, as every State is still different and it is best to know that before hand as some are pretty stiff just for possession still. As "I didn't know" very rarely works with a Judge, as they don't buy into that very often. Same with crossing State lines is still a Federal offense currently, and it would really suck to be dealing with a "trafficking" charge and a bunch of money on a lawyer on a rather small personal use kind of amount.

In th UK they may not be too bad but you better believe how stupid and confusing it can be, so, if your caught with a full house grow you get around 6-24months depending on your criminal past, you grow smaller grows a little over 10 plants you end up getting 24-48 months, you get caught dealing then depending on the judge and yes I'm sure they judge you on you look can go from anywhere between a fine and community service to 3 years in jail.

So in theory the more plants you grow on such a large scale ends up working out less jail time than a few home grown plants to self medicate!

Then you have big scale smoke in the park events that get secured by police and no one gets caught, yet you could be sat in the countryside minding your own business trying to find peace and bang your behind bars, madness.

Want confusion then get yourself here!

@Barney86 @Ganjagrandaddy What are your views?
I dont give it much thought to be fair. The police comission have openly said they have no interest in catching small growers or users and thats good enough for me. lol

the toughest laws against cannabis were my parents in the late 70's / early 80's :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thing about Thailand is the cops are all fully corrupt and bribable and the prices aren’t very low. 500 bucks or 20 years in jail is an easy choice to make. Lots of people smoking there. I never once had any issues with cops there other than routine bribes when doing paperwork and such

Back
Top Bottom