Trainwreck and Oregon Kush Kush-First Grow Attempt

hobble54

Trainwreck Kush Grow

So I just started germinating the seeds for my Trainwreck and Kush plants, seeds all dug out of buds so I know its the right strain. I've got the seeds germinating in damp paper towels right now, I don't know how well this will work but I don't have money or a wash cloth. Making a pot for all six plants, yes its a small grow opp... but I'm sure it will work if I don't fudge it up. So once the seeds germinate I'm going to go old fashion and put them in potting soil, just the root with the seed poking out, water them 2 or 3 times a week? and see where it goes from there. If anyone has any tips or comments please let me know, I don't wanna lose these plants.:cool:

Hello hobble44:welcome:to 420Mag! I love Train Wreck and am all strapped in and ready for blast-off!
Take care not to over water, depending on container size and soil 2-3 times per week might be too much. I am sure this will be terrific grow and we are here to help.

The Seeds have germinated, I'm transplanting them right now, they are going into soil in a pot, will have plenty of nutrients and both inside and outside light once they have sprouted. The paper towel method does work great, with all the seeds I've handled so far I've had 100% of them take. My planting plan is poke a small hole in the dirt, stick the root of the seed down in it, with the seed head at the surface of the dirt, not buried and not a float. I should have leaves in a few days so I can start truly documenting the grow. Keep Growin, Keep Tokin, I'll be outside with a bowl, Smokin, if you wanna join me, follow the potatoes, you'll find Idaho, thats where I grow...:bong:

This morning I woke up to a grand surprise, I opened up the lighted up drawer under the sink in front of me to four newly sprouted plants, the other four trainwreck seeds just split over night and should be ready to plant by tomorrow. I've got the four Oregon Kush Plants in pots under a 100w bulb(seeing as thats all I can afford at the moment) and one was the early bloomer, already about two inches tall.

From here I'm going to give them 24/7 light and try to find better lighting. They should be plenty healthy and they are growing like they should so far. if the seed head just poked out of the ground with the two little leaves how often do I water from this point on and they are in a cubby hole kinda thing, all white walls around the outer edge, should I put tin foil in there for more efficient lighting or anything?

Any steps anyone has to ensure the life of my plants is greatly appreciated and I'll take it all in, Please help our little buddies live a good life so I can smoke them and live a good life as well =D :bong:

Hey hobble sounds good so far! Don't use any tin foil it's no good. Mylar is pretty good, it's like 20 bucks for a big roll. Or some white paint will be more reflective than tin foil.

What kind of nutes are you going to be using? Do you know what the temps are like in the little cabinet?

Its already all painted white, I read thats the best way to go so I think I'm set there for now.

What strain is it? Unknown, From a farm out of Oregon.
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? The plants I have seen look almost purely indica.
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Seedlings/Veg
If in Veg... For how long? A day or so... haha
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? INDOOR
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Horse Shit, my grandmothers Potting soil, and H2O
If soil... What size pot? About 6inch Deep and 6 in diamiter
Size of light? 100W
Is it aircooled? will be later on tonight.
Temp of Room/cab? about 75 F
How often are you watering? probably once every 3 days now
Type and strength of ferts used? Horse Shit, its pretty strong, got it from my parents horses...

I'm gonna go get some CFL's Today, 150W probably and a fan from my girls house. hopefully they will spring into full Veg stage by tomorrow or the next day, and I'll have pictures of the grow hopefully for you guys tomorrow. :smokin:

Just make sure you don't use too much horse manure as it could burn the plants...I'm a first time grower this year but I have made that mistake with my garden before...except potatoes...those will grow in solid concrete. I can't wait to follow this journal!

Oh yeah. If your still not decided, Mylar is some of the coolest stuff in the world. So if the white paint isn't doing it go for it.

I just lined a computer with it because light can't go through it!

After week one, shits lookin alright. All four of the Oregon plants took and have started growing, one is ahead of the others by quiet a bit but they all look good, the tallest is about 5 inches tall. Watered them last night, will water again when it looks necessary. I'm really excited to see where they go from here and to find out what to do next.

How far above the plants should my light be?
Is there any way at this stage to stunt there growth?
How long do I wait before I chop the top?
Do I need any special lighting in this point of the Grow?

all_of_em3.jpg

All four plants, this is one week since I began the germination process.
hmmmm.jpg

The Three smallest plants, just sprung up while I was away a few days ago. They look healthy and ready to grow...
prize.jpg

The largest, our prize plant if all goes well, this one by far is growing faster than the others. its looking great.

Will upload more pictures and info ASAP. Let me know what you think or of any ideas you have for making this grow better. Happy Growing, Happy Toking, Enjoy your smoking.
:ganjamon:

Hey looks good! It looks like they are trying to stretch and get to the light. How far away is the light you are using? You want the light as close as possible without burning them... If you're using some CFLs you can get them pretty close. Do you have a thermometer that you can place at the top of the plants to check the temps? That's how I decide how close to put the lights.

Don't chop the top off of them yet!!!! It's too early!

As for special lighting, it looks like you are using some 2700k CFL bulbs... Am I right? The bulbs in the picture kind of have a redish/orangish tint to them. Those are usually used for flowering but I don't see a problem using them for veg. Most people won't tho... You want some bulbs more in the blue spectrum or 5000k+. Really the higher number the better, but 5000k is the highest I can find at a store around here so that's what I'm using.

Do you have a fan in there circulating the air or some kind of ventilation?

Just since yesterday alots changed, I've lowered the light and changed it to a CFL next to the plants and a 100w bulb above supplying extra light. I rigged up a fan from my computer fan and a phone charger and it works great, its not too hot in there, I still need a thermometer and stuff. but here is the progress since yesterday.
13138.jpg

14125.jpg

12170.jpg

15115.jpg

I Can't Wait to see them grow day by day!

I agree with the above post. You need to move you light closer, your plants are stretching and developing real weak stems. Go online and look into stretching and how to prevent it. I dont know if you plan on trans planting but if you do your going to want to stick that long stem down into the soil so it become root growth. Good luck and real nice strains! I have some TR growing outdoors this season. :ganjamon:

I buried the stem of the large plant earlier this evening but I didn't mess with the little guys, should I bury them a little as well? and I moved the light closer as well but I didn't take that step until they were already tall and skinny, do you know any other methods of strengthening the stems? I heard bending the stems back and forth gently helps them build strength. I think the fan will help with that a bit, giving them a little air flow to keep things moving right. anyways, they are growing like weeds and I'm excited for another surprise tomorrow morning!!!

GetAttachment_aspx2.jpg
They are Growing Simply amazing, I haven't had to move the light, the temp is good, humidity should be alright, the stem just got its first hint of skunk!!! I was surprised to leave and come back to 3seg leafs and dry pots, I have a thing of water in there with them as well in case they lack water, I watered them last night, soaked the soil and I'm hoping to see good results from that. still trying to find out how to strengthen the stems however they look much stronger than before. Any advice? Will post new update today or tomorrow. Happy Growing!!!!

"I'm thinking of thoughts"-Myself

One way to get stronger stems would be to get a fan on them that blows those little girls around a little. It mimics the wind! Maybe might help!

So its almost the end of week two since the plants sprouted, they are growing like weeds and I've got another CFL thats going on it later today. Poo, the big plant has sprouted its fives and looks beautiful. the others are still trying to catch up. We will see what it looks like in a day or too as well but things are going good and the plants look healthy and have stopped growing up so much and are growing out more.
5_leaf.jpg

Poo.jpg

The_Babies.jpg

Hey hobble54, looking good now that you got the proper type of light on them. Incandescent and 2700k CFLs aren't the best for vegging as Reefa Cheefa suggested. It is however beneficial to mix in some lower kelvin bulbs with your 5000k+ vegging bulbs so you are all set. The stems will strengthen up over time as long as you keep some air blowing them around a bit.

Do you plan on using LST or I think you mentioned topping? I look forward to seeing how these turn out. I am a trainwreck lover as well, will have to look into getting some seeds. I just planted a couple of seedlings after my first plant was a male, should have sprung for some nice seeds but oh well.

Keep them looking healthy and they will return the favor with some delicious buds.
:welldone:

Today was a busy day for the plants, the other CFL went in on top of the plants, more soil went into the pots, we turned Cosmo into a Bonzi plant and now we await what could be success!!! the fan is blowing the plants around in a perfect little circle and it almost looks like they are dancing.
4442.jpg

Poo, the biggest plant, is getting more and more beautiful by the second. I watch her grow alot and smoke bowls with her often. Does smoking out your plants really have any benefit?
11018.jpg

Once Poo gets a little taller I'm going to top her, the little ones will follow and then I was thinking about making a hemp diamond shaped netting to stop them from growing up. I'm going to go shopping for more light fixtures soon and upgrade the entire grow cabinet.
3583.jpg

They all look generally healthy and I believe I might succeed in my first indoor grow attempt. Its exciting to watch them grow day by day! I can't wait to see what cosmo does.
2694.jpg

Thanks for the advice and thanks for droppin in, smoke lots and good luck with your grows! come back! :thanks::peace:

Ok I am just checking this out and am wondering, this last photo it looks a little crazy to me. When did you do that and has the plant responded to that, good or bad?
I to had long stems for some time, when I moved the light down and put the fan on them the stems exploded in size in just one weeks time.
I am sure curious about that last photo though.
cheers

Back
Top Bottom