Trainwreck x SSH

CanbisMxmus

Hello and welcome to my second grow journal.:ganjamon:

This grow is of some seeds I produced with pollen from Super Silver Haze (amazon sativa variety, purchased online) and a Trainwreck clone given to me by a friend. The Trainwreck is outstanding, lemon zest with almost a menthol taste. The SSH is no slouch either, super frosty, slightly tangy with almost a champagne taste. :yummy:

Both of these are very slow maturing, but fairly high yeilding, and even relatively dense for such sativa dominant varieties. I started 16 seeds 5 days ago and 9 have sprouted so far. Today I will begin taking photos and documenting progress...:nomo:

For the most part this will be an outdoor grow, all depending on weather and circumstance. I will be growing in Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil, using organic nutrients as well as instantly available nute cocktails.

Not much to look at so far, mainly visual referance.
Silver_Bullet_Begin_019.JPG

Silver_Bullet_Begin_020.JPG

Those are the early 8 of 16.

No, not pitching anything. I've learned a ton from your Volksgrow journal and just wanted to return the favor!

When the roots hit the sides, rather than wrap around, they stop growing, which signals the plant to grow more root branches. Roots are more evenly disttributed throughout the soil.

I'll try to post some photos later.

P.S. I'm growing outdoors, in AirPots and soil, with hydro nutes.

AirPot root photos

Can you actually see the roots through the pot?

No, not normally, but these were indoor -> outdoor relocations that were being repotted into larger pots. These girls are going to be large, and I didn't want them falling over and hurting themselves! :)

Repotting is super fast and very gentle using this system. You just unscrew two screw tabs that hold the pots together and unwrap the pot. The roots held 99% of the previous medium intact!

Here is the photo I mentioned. I've pulled a lot of plants out of pots ever the years, and never saw beautiful roots like that! :)

IMG_01692.jpg

It looks like it was grown in sound reducing foam, apparently not what I was thinking of. My curiosity is peaked! 20 minutes later... Outstanding! Very nice, thanks for the tip. More simplicity at it's best!

Not sure I follow your response 100%

So we're clear: Airpots can be found here

Note: I got mine in a hydro store. I'm not even sure that is the official site. I was surprised it was so hard to find via Google. :)

Back
Top Bottom