Trala’s Tent

Oops forgot to attach the chemicals.

EBA6FEE7-FBD3-4887-A571-1A7E687D1B11.jpeg

D8CD91D5-D89D-4160-B606-E7B49A16C2DB.jpeg

happens all the time... now you know. You will be fine, just absolutely dont follow his watering advice, that sounds like a hydro grow. Next he will advise you to just throw the soil away and go all coco... and then he can sell you buckets and pumps and timers and ph, ppm and tds meters.... you will help him buy his next car. Baby girl indeed... I would have kicked him in the shins, signed some very evil things at him, and never went back. At least my hydro store guy knows me and that I don't want or need his advice. I bet your guy didnt sell Mars lights did he... but I bet he had a better one for you... ceramic metal halide maybe? I bet he didn't like LED lights at all.

Mostly, soil pH is not something you need to worry about. It is not too late to change soil, but it isnt necessary... the problem now that we have identified it, is manageable, and that coco you bought can be added to a good soil to make it hold more water, just not at 50% ratio. I like FoxFarm Ocean Forest for bloom and FoxFarm Happy Frog for seedlings. Get some of that for the future and use all this stuff... no need to waste money.

Oops forgot to attach the chemicals.

EBA6FEE7-FBD3-4887-A571-1A7E687D1B11.jpeg

D8CD91D5-D89D-4160-B606-E7B49A16C2DB.jpeg
Well, he didn't sell you stuff that will kill your plants anyway, but what he did do is sell you some very weak nutrients designed mostly to work in hydro, although it claims to be able to be used in all grow mediums. At Grow (3-1-5) & Bloom (2-2-6) you are going to have to use a lot of this stuff, and you will be back time after time buying more nutrients and any other goodies he will try to upsell you while you are there. This weasel is good... Caveat emptor my friend.

happens all the time... now you know. You will be fine, just absolutely dont follow his watering advice, that sounds like a hydro grow. Next he will advise you to just throw the soil away and go all coco... and then he can sell you buckets and pumps and timers and ph, ppm and tds meters.... you will help him buy his next car. Baby girl indeed... I would have kicked him in the shins, signed some very evil things at him, and never went back. At least my hydro store guy knows me and that I don't want or need his advice. I bet your guy didnt sell Mars lights did he... but I bet he had a better one for you... ceramic metal halide maybe? I bet he didn't like LED lights at all.

Mostly, soil pH is not something you need to worry about. It is not too late to change soil, but it isnt necessary... the problem now that we have identified it, is manageable, and that coco you bought can be added to a good soil to make it hold more water, just not at 50% ratio. I like FoxFarm Ocean Forest for bloom and FoxFarm Happy Frog for seedlings. Get some of that for the future and use all this stuff... no need to waste money.
L O LL I N G !

It‘s like you were there!

:laughtwo: :laughtwo: :laughtwo:

I bought the tent and light on eBay. He said it’s cheap Chinese shit, LED lights sucked, and that I need to save my money and get a light worth having, tbh I can’t remember what it was called, but it looked like a huge single light bulb type thing.

I will. I just need to find an Australian supplier.

Well, he didn't sell you stuff that will kill your plants anyway, but what he did do is sell you some very weak nutrients designed mostly to work in hydro, although it claims to be able to be used in all grow mediums. At Grow (3-1-5) & Bloom (2-2-6) you are going to have to use a lot of this stuff, and you will be back time after time buying more nutrients and any other goodies he will try to upsell you while you are there. This weasel is good... Caveat emptor my friend.
If you could please tell me the ratio, and I’ll do it. If you tell me how you guts measure small amounts of fluid, I’ll work it out. I know gallons is your larger fluid measure, but if you were buying a can of soft drink, what is the measurement in the can? For example a can of coke here is 375mL.

At the moment I’m using 1mL per litre

And once it’s used up, I’ll never put another penny in his scamming pocket!

I am looking at my diet orange can and it is I think the same size as coke cans here. It says it is 12oz or 354mL This is all very confusing as noted by this from the web: US measures of the same name are slightly different. 1 UK pint or imperial pint is 568.26125 ml and it contains 20 fluid ounces, while 1 US pint is 473 ml and it has only 16 fluid ounces.

The good folks at Megacrop seem to have figured out what the perfect ratio is for the entire grow. Of course this isn't considering the ratio of all the other elements in the mix, but it would be a good place to start. Then simply feed until the green looks right and you are not seeing damage. To get close to this perfect ratio of 9-6-17, you are going to be using your nutrients at a good pace.

Since I don't want to just push MegaCrop, another good nutrient line that I have had success with is Jack's. It is also a powder, but is a two part system, and about the cheapest great nutrients you can buy. I have used Jack's outside in my veggie garden for years, with great results.

:love: @Emilya :love:

Okay Ive got the US conversion when it comes to mls/L and the nutrients I bought. You guys use teaspoon/gallon. If you could advise what you recommend, and how often you recommend I promise I will follow your instructions to the letter. No nutrients spillage on leaves I promise.

The bottle says:-

GreenDream 1
4-5ml/L —————> US conversion 3-4 tsp/gal

*However dude told me to only use 1mL/L of this one.

CMX
0.5-1mL/L ————-> US conversion 1/2 to 3/4tsp/gallon (That’s half and three quarters)

*Dude told me to use 1mL/L

GroStorm
2.5ml/L ——-——-—> US conversion 2tsp/gallon

*Dude told me to use 2.5ml/L

Em, I‘m going to be honest, math is not my strong suit. Going by those conversions could you let me know whether when you said make it stronger you mean to double or triple or even quadruple the strength. Because that I can understand.

I know it’s a lot to ask, but I promise next grow I won’t be this pathetically needy :)

Hi baby girl,,,err I mean TraLa :rofl:

Great to see Emilya has got you covered here.

If you tell me how you guts measure small amounts of fluid, I’ll work it out
I use a syringe to measure out liquid nutes.

Right off to work now for me, have a great day/evening/night whatever the hell time it is over there :thumb:

Hi baby girl,,,err I mean TraLa :rofl:

Great to see Emilya has got you covered here.

I use a syringe to measure out liquid nutes.

Right off to work now for me, have a great day/evening/night whatever the hell time it is over there :thumb:
Honestly, made me want to vomit in my mouth, but I tolerated it because I really thought he was giving me a good deal! Meanwhile I was being shafted on soil, shafted on nutrients and I probably paid for my ”free” Root Roids twice over!

I know! I’m so super grateful. I have only ever grown in potting mix, and not even good potting mix, just what ever is on special at my local nursery. And I have never used nutrients! Just water when it rained and tap water when it didn’t.

I use a syringe too. I have a 10mL.

Have a great day, Bill. It’s 6:40pm here. No doubt I’ll be awake at 5am tomorrow :laughtwo: :laughtwo::laughtwo:

:love: @Emilya :love:

Okay Ive got the US conversion when it comes to mls/L and the nutrients I bought. You guys use teaspoon/gallon. If you could advise what you recommend, and how often you recommend I promise I will follow your instructions to the letter. No nutrients spillage on leaves I promise.

The bottle says:-

GreenDream 1
4-5ml/L —————> US conversion 3-4 tsp/gal

*However dude told me to only use 1mL/L of this one.

CMX
0.5-1mL/L ————-> US conversion 1/2 to 3/4tsp/gallon (That’s half and three quarters)

*Dude told me to use 1mL/L

GroStorm
2.5ml/L ——-——-—> US conversion 2tsp/gallon

*Dude told me to use 2.5ml/L

Em, I‘m going to be honest, math is not my strong suit. Going by those conversions could you let me know whether when you said make it stronger you mean to double or triple or even quadruple the strength. Because that I can understand.

I know it’s a lot to ask, but I promise next grow I won’t be this pathetically needy :)
based on the yellowing we are seeing, I would say to double what the dude said to give. Even if this ends up being a bit too much... that is preferable to starving the plants

based on the yellowing we are seeing, I would say to double what the dude said to give. Even if this ends up being a bit too much... that is preferable to starving the plants
Thanks Em :)

Final question. Should I wait until they are dry or water them now?

Be bold... be daring! Give them a 1/3 watering, just enough to soak in to the spreader roots in the top 3 inches. The plants will love it, and you can continue to let the bottom dry out for a proper watering soon. This should result in some immediate greening, not all, but noticeable. If so, we have it nailed.
:morenutes:

Good morning Em :)

Thanks babygirl friend:)

I will be bold and daring as soon as I get up. I have been popping them out in the sun for their last 3 hours of the 18 time. The temp in the tent and outside is almost identical. I have set up pot blockout because the pots are black which attracts the warmth and I don’t want the roots cooking.

I fuss over them like a stage 5 clinger.

Because of covid we are spending out two weeks holiday at home, and I have wasted hours hovering around them!

L O LL I N G !

It‘s like you were there!

:laughtwo: :laughtwo: :laughtwo:

I bought the tent and light on eBay. He said it’s cheap Chinese shit, LED lights sucked, and that I need to save my money and get a light worth having, tbh I can’t remember what it was called, but it looked like a huge single light bulb type thing.

I will. I just need to find an Australian supplier.
Sounds like an old hps light. I converted from them to led. They are good but running costs and heat are big issue. I grew for decades on them and took a while to believe led could keep up without costing the earth. Shops are businesses first sadly.

Good morning Em :)

Thanks babygirl friend:)

I will be bold and daring as soon as I get up. I have been popping them out in the sun for their last 3 hours of the 18 time. The temp in the tent and outside is almost identical. I have set up pot blockout because the pots are black which attracts the warmth and I don’t want the roots cooking.

I fuss over them like a stage 5 clinger.

Because of covid we are spending out two weeks holiday at home, and I have wasted hours hovering around them!
Our gardens have never seen so much attention. Lockdown every summer for me. lol

Back
Top Bottom