Trala’s Tent

Lol. Hey Trala. I would say that quadlining is something you should probably not worry about for your first indoor grow. It is a little complicated and will add some time to your grow though the results are good if done correctly. Personally I don't bother with it as I prefer...wait for it....SoG! Another word for you. SoG or Sea of Green simply means lots of little plants grown together to create a flat canopy. It is quicker and easier than Quadlining but it means that you need more plants. Everything in this game is "swings and roundabouts" and there is no best way to do anything.

For your first indoor grow I recommend going easy and getting a feel for how the plants grow. Topping or fimming could be something that you may want to do though as they are really easy to do and will make a big difference to your grow. It is rare that you see an indoor grower not use one of these techniques as it prevents the Christmas tree look which your plants may do if left un-topped. Topping simply means to completely remove the top of the main growth tip and allowing the branches to become the new mains.

Hope you have a nice day and good luck
:passitleft:
Gidday!

I really love the sound of sea of green! I have noticed my growing seedlings are bushing out but they are super stumpy looking. I‘m nervous, but I’m going to top and uppot today. I’m hoping I cut the right spot, and I’m also hoping my plant have ok roots.

I am definitely going to take your advice and not complicate my first go too much. I usually grow outside and sort of let them go wild to a degree.

I‘ll get some pics of today’s adventures.

I really want to identify their sex ASAP. Any advice there will be awesome. I need all the help I can get.

I just happened to have a plant that was ready for some cutting... lol

Hope this helps...

:snowboating:
Good morning! :)

Thank you so much!

You have a choice looking set up.

After you took your bottom branches off your plant looked half naked. What are the advantages of doing that? I have noticed my plants look super stumpy. I’m really struggling to find which branch goes where. You make it look easy! I don’t feel very confident I would take off the right branches.

Nice video, Pres. Very visually clear.
Super-easy to do, TraLa.
Give it a hoon. You know you want to. We know you'll be glad you did.
I’ll give it a hoon next time.

Do the majority here buy special seeds? I am just using a couple of mongrels. I am just hoping the green fairy blesses me with at least one female. I have a 50/50 chance I guess. Not the best odds I’ll admit, but you gotta be in it to win it!

Good morning! :)

Thank you so much!

You have a choice looking set up.

After you took your bottom branches off your plant looked half naked. What are the advantages of doing that? I have noticed my plants look super stumpy. I’m really struggling to find which branch goes where. You make it look easy! I don’t feel very confident I would take off the right branches.
Once you've done it a time or 2, you'll know exactly what to cut, and why. Just take it slow & pay attention to where you're cutting.

You got this!
:thumb:

The idea is to remove lower/weaker branches, that rarely make it to the canopy, and focus the plant growth into 4-6 tops instead.

Topping the plant will slow upward growth, while promoting side branch growth, and increasing the # of tops you wind up with

Once you've done it a time or 2, you'll know exactly what to cut, and why. Just take it slow & pay attention to where you're cutting.

You got this!

The idea is to remove lower/weaker branches, that rarely make it to the canopy, and focus the plant growth into 4-6 tops instead.

Topping the plant will slow upward growth, while promoting side branch growth, and increasing the # of tops you wind up with

Oh now I understand.

I‘m almost finished my lay in and morning coffee. It’s looking like a beautiful day outside, perfect for gardening. I’ll take some pics and look forward to reading any advice.

Are you a good girl/boy spotter?

Are you a good girl/boy spotter?
Meh.... I'm so-so. LoL

Definitely a bunch of people around here who are better at it than I. LoL

Post pics, I'm sure you'll get a few opinions. If you're not getting any hits on your post, feel free to drop the question over in my "Hunting the Unicorn" journal. Tons of seasoned vets hang around there. You'll generally get an answer pretty quick.

Meh.... I'm so-so. LoL

Definitely a bunch of people around here who are better at it than I. LoL

Post pics, I'm sure you'll get a few opinions. If you're not getting any hits on your post, feel free to drop the question over in my "Hunting the Unicorn" journal. Tons of seasoned vets hang around there. You'll generally get an answer pretty quick.
Thanks very much.

I‘m still finding my way around. Thankfully I was a Member on a forum years ago that had a very similar layout, so I have the basic jist, but I am struggling to find things and I haven’t really ventured outside the journals. My first week here I literally spent an hour just trying to locate my own grow journal! I had almost convinced myself that it must have got deleted because my plants looked too basic compared to the magic everyone else in this place grows! Then I remembered I have a settings option where I can see my own posts. LOLLINGGG!

I am off to find your journal now :)

Thanks very much.

I‘m still finding my way around. Thankfully I was a Member on a forum years ago that had a very similar layout, so I have the basic jist, but I am struggling to find things and I haven’t really ventured outside the journals. My first week here I literally spent an hour just trying to locate my own grow journal! I had almost convinced myself that it must have got deleted because my plants looked too basic compared to the magic everyone else in this place grows! Then I remembered I have a settings option where I can see my own posts. LOLLINGGG!

I am off to find your journal now :)
Just check the link in my signature...

Do the majority here buy special seeds? I am just using a couple of mongrels. I am just hoping the green fairy blesses me with at least one female. I have a 50/50 chance I guess. Not the best odds I’ll admit, but you gotta be in it to win it!
I grew bag seeds and their clones for my first 8 months. A year later and I’m running other gear too, but still running my originals.

Hey TraLa,

Spent the day with my mother! I’ve seen Preston9, Professor Flora & Donkey D’s journals over the last 8 months, all are seasoned vets. I felt bad jumping in cuz I’m pretty new myself but your questions seemed urgent. Now you are on their radar and I couldn’t be happier!

Yes the majority here buy their seeds, there are several seed banks that are site sponsors for 420 Magazine.

Way to grow girl!

Hey TraLa,

Spent the day with my mother! I’ve seen Preston9, Professor Flora & Donkey D’s journals over the last 8 months, all are seasoned vets. I felt bad jumping in cuz I’m pretty new myself but your questions seemed urgent. Now you are on their radar and I couldn’t be happier!

Way to grow girl!
Oh lovely! I got spoiled, on the downside I drank a bottle of red which seemed like a good idea at the time. Today not so much.

So like you suggested I have uppotted (don’t know why it’s not just called repotted makes far more sense if you ask me... Lolling). And you were on the money regarding the roots! I was shocked! I have snapped a few pics too. Now they are in bigger pots they are closer to the light. I hope this is okay.

I think I fucked the topping up on the first plant. I cut half of the little side sprout thing on the side of the centre tip. I think I counted 6 tiers, but because my plants are so short, I’m finding it hard to do it accurately. I think I did it correctly for the second plant.

I‘m desperate to find the sexes. I would appreciate your opinion.

I‘m open to any feedback.

My pots are larger so my plants are closer to the light. Is that okay?

I am also wanting sexing advice. I literally can’t tell until they are sporting big ole ugly balls.

Attachments

• 512622C3-A9CF-4E0C-984F-5D4BF2474836.jpeg
    512622C3-A9CF-4E0C-984F-5D4BF2474836.jpeg
    785.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 905FD55F-DB96-4AD4-92C3-5514AF3B2AB0.jpeg
    905FD55F-DB96-4AD4-92C3-5514AF3B2AB0.jpeg
    677.1 KB · Views: 114
  • EC8926E8-0283-4E42-9D77-E75822625180.jpeg
    EC8926E8-0283-4E42-9D77-E75822625180.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 110
I grew bag seeds and their clones for my first 8 months. A year later and I’m running other gear too, but still running my originals.
A gf was telling me she was thinking about buying seeds from a uk site.

I really can’t get my head around how you can guarantee a female. And I’m not sure about how safe I feel government mail/address aspect of it.

My plants have a lot of red in the stem. I have grown outdoors with these seeds and had success, when I say success it was mild success at best. Both plants looked very similar to these seedlings. I was getting all my info online and I picked it too early. I had 2 females and I got 5 ounces off one and probably 4 off the other.

Directly under all of my posts. There should be a list of links to past/present journals.
Yup I get it now.

I think I posted in the wrong thread. I just searched unicorn and posted in the first one that popped up lolling!

Should I repost it in the other unicorn thread?

Yup I get it now.

I think I posted in the wrong thread. I just searched unicorn and posted in the first one that popped up lolling!

Should I repost it in the other unicorn thread?
Good to go! I saw your post.

A gf was telling me she was thinking about buying seeds from a uk site.

I really can’t get my head around how you can guarantee a female. And I’m not sure about how safe I feel government mail/address aspect of it.

My plants have a lot of red in the stem. I have grown outdoors with these seeds and had success, when I say success it was mild success at best. Both plants looked very similar to these seedlings. I was getting all my info online and I picked it too early. I had 2 females and I got 5 ounces off one and probably 4 off the other.
9 ounces isn’t too shabby!

Back
Top Bottom