Trala’s Tent

Looks like she could use a day yet i still see some that are clear

Love it! :green_heart:

:bravo:

FYI, I'd move the mint to its own containers. They're very invasive and will take over that whole raised bed and choke out the other herbs. ;)

On the trichomes, you're real close now but there is still a lot of clear. I'd wait a few more days, although you'd still have some good meds if you chopped now. Waiting should increase both the potency and yield so, even though we all get anxious to chop when we get close, it's usually well worth that little extra wait time. :Namaste:

Our winters last 9 months im kind of jealous... I miss having winter with no or barely snow. Fall is almost over and soon snow will fall. Im hoping the 3 girls i have next will keep my mind off and its my puppies first winter so that will be fun.
Our Summers last 9 months and I’m jealous of you! I have never seen falling snow in my whole life, and I only saw fresh snow for the first time last year! I had 3 jumpers and pair of leggings and a pair of jeans on under those snow clothes! Snow is so beautiful, I love the sound of the crunch under your feet. I hope I will get to experience fresh snowflakes in my hair one day :)

194DF224-E13F-43F9-9E28-FD63066DDA22.jpeg

Love it! :green_heart:

:bravo:

FYI, I'd move the mint to its own containers. They're very invasive and will take over that whole raised bed and choke out the other herbs. ;)

On the trichomes, you're real close now but there is still a lot of clear. I'd wait a few more days, although you'd still have some good meds if you chopped now. Waiting should increase both the potency and yield so, even though we all get anxious to chop when we get close, it's usually well worth that little extra wait time. :Namaste:
I know! You’re right. I have normal mint in there that self sews every year. I have the chocolate mint in boots, I’ll find something to pop the apple mint in tomoz.

How long ideally should you wait until you can smoke it in your opinion?

And I’m not anxious to chop, the later the better. I fucking hate trimming. Lolling

How long ideally should you wait until you can smoke it in your opinion?
Technically, you can start smoking it as soon as it's dry enough to light up, but usually, for the first couple of weeks, the smoke will be pretty harsh and chlorophyll-tasting.

Typically, a couple of weeks cure is enough to mellow that out. That will vary from strain-to-strain and some may take longer/shorter. My Chem '91 is some pretty smooth smoke without much of a cure, at all. Others may be best after a month or two. However, as long as you store the buds between 55%-62% RH (in the jars - not the room!), they'll continue to cure (mold-free) and the flavors/terpenes will evolve over time.

I definitely recommend trying to take part of the harvest and let it cure long-term. It's great opening a jar of buds you harvested a year or two ago and tasting the difference while re-living the memories. ;)

How’s it going down there?

You still in lockdown?
Still locked down. It's doing my head in. Numbers are dropping off. I'm just hoping numbers stay down after lockdown. I don't want to get locked down again. I need a fishing trip up NT or FNQ as soon as I can swing it

Still locked down. It's doing my head in. Numbers are dropping off. I'm just hoping numbers stay down after lockdown. I don't want to get locked down again. I need a fishing trip up NT or FNQ as soon as I can swing it
Cairns is mint atm. Beautiful weather, sparkling water. We can travel in-house and that’s where everyone is headed. A girlfriend flew there yesterday for a weeks r&r, and another got a deal $599 return to Bris with 5 nights accomodation.

Our Summers last 9 months and I’m jealous of you! I have never seen falling snow in my whole life, and I only saw fresh snow for the first time last year! I had 3 jumpers and pair of leggings and a pair of jeans on under those snow clothes! Snow is so beautiful, I love the sound of the crunch under your feet. I hope I will get to experience fresh snowflakes in my hair one day :)

194DF224-E13F-43F9-9E28-FD63066DDA22.jpeg
You can visit anytime i would love to show you some of America. Maybe we could go to colorado its not too far away they have amazing views and recreational weed so we have a few options... Actually im a state surrounded by legal states haha so sad

Technically, you can start smoking it as soon as it's dry enough to light up, but usually, for the first couple of weeks, the smoke will be pretty harsh and chlorophyll-tasting.

Typically, a couple of weeks cure is enough to mellow that out. That will vary from strain-to-strain and some may take longer/shorter. My Chem '91 is some pretty smooth smoke without much of a cure, at all. Others may be best after a month or two. However, as long as you store the buds between 55%-62% RH (in the jars - not the room!), they'll continue to cure (mold-free) and the flavors/terpenes will evolve over time.

I definitely recommend trying to take part of the harvest and let it cure long-term. It's great opening a jar of buds you harvested a year or two ago and tasting the difference while re-living the memories. ;)
Hmm if the room is 54%RH does that not necessarily mean the jars will be the same?

I’ll do just that :)

Hmm if the room is 54%RH does that not necessarily mean the jars will be the same?

Thats the logic i gotta use... I cant buy things that fit in the jar.

You can visit anytime i would love to show you some of America. Maybe we could go to colorado its not too far away they have amazing views and recreational weed so we have a few options... Actually im a state surrounded by legal states haha so sad
Sounds lovely :)

Does your accent sound like Matthew McConaughey?

Exactly! The RH in the jars is determined by the moisture content left in the buds...I'll post some detailed info for you once I clean up a little...I'm sweating (no pun intended...will explain later! ;) ) like a pig from working outside, right now. :D

OK, Tra, here's what you need to know about drying & curing....

When you harvest the buds, growers typically hang them on the colas, in the dark (to avoid degradation of trichomes) for about six days. The actual number of days will vary somewhat based on local climate.

After those six days, or so, the buds are gonna feel pretty crispy and new growers will think they over-dried the buds. However, the buds dry from the outside-in, so while the outside feels crispy, there's still a lot of moisture trapped in the buds. So, it's time to trim the buds from the colas and put them in jars with one of those mini hygrometers I posted a few pages back (or, something like).

Once in jars, check the RH about an hour later and keep an eye on it. As long as it's below 70%, you're fine to continue. If RH goes above 70%, remove from jars and put in paper bags or leave in an open tote for 24 hours and try again the next day.

Now that RH is below 70% you can safely jar the buds, but not for long term, yet. What's going to happen is, once in the jars, the buds will "sweat" the moisture (my pun from last post ;) ) from the inside to the outside. You'll want to open the jars to let them air out a couple/few times per day, in the beginning - a process called "burping".

What's happening with burping is that you're letting the outside of the buds dry out again, then back into the jars to sweat more moisture still trapped inside the buds. Then, it's basically "wash, rinse, repeat". After a couple of days, you'll only need to burp once per day and a few days later, it will be once per week.

The goal is to slowly dry the moisture trapped inside the buds to the point the RH stabilizes at 62% or slightly lower. Once at 62% or lower, you can jar for long-term storage and not have to worry about moldy buds when you open the jar a year later.

As long as the RH in the jar stays between 55%-62%, the buds will continue to cure. Once the buds get below 55%, the bacteria/enzyme that's invovled in the curing process dies off and the buds will stop curing at that point and even re-moistening the buds won't re-start the curing process.

If you made it to the end of this post, you're now a drying & curing expert! :high-five:

If you knew this hobby involved sweating and burping, I bet you would have started a long time ago! :rofl:

OK, Tra, here's what you need to know about drying & curing....

When you harvest the buds, growers typically hang them on the colas, in the dark (to avoid degradation of trichomes) for about six days. The actual number of days will vary somewhat based on local climate.

After those six days, or so, the buds are gonna feel pretty crispy and new growers will think they over-dried the buds. However, the buds dry from the outside-in, so while the outside feels crispy, there's still a lot of moisture trapped in the buds. So, it's time to trim the buds from the colas and put them in jars with one of those mini hygrometers I posted a few pages back (or, something like).

Once in jars, check the RH about an hour later and keep an eye on it. As long as it's below 70%, you're fine to continue. If RH goes above 70%, remove from jars and put in paper bags or leave in an open tote for 24 hours and try again the next day.

Now that RH is below 70% you can safely jar the buds, but not for long term, yet. What's going to happen is, once in the jars, the buds will "sweat" the moisture (my pun from last post ;) ) from the inside to the outside. You'll want to open the jars to let them air out a couple/few times per day, in the beginning - a process called "burping".

What's happening with burping is that you're letting the outside of the buds dry out again, then back into the jars to sweat more moisture still trapped inside the buds. Then, it's basically "wash, rinse, repeat". After a couple of days, you'll only need to burp once per day and a few days later, it will be once per week.

The goal is to slowly dry the moisture trapped inside the buds to the point the RH stabilizes at 62% or slightly lower. Once at 62% or lower, you can jar for long-term storage and not have to worry about moldy buds when you open the jar a year later.

As long as the RH in the jar stays between 55%-62%, the buds will continue to cure. Once the buds get below 55%, the bacteria/enzyme that's invovled in the curing process dies off and the buds will stop curing at that point and even re-moistening the buds won't re-start the curing process.

If you made it to the end of this post, you're now a drying & curing expert! :high-five:

:rofl:
I did hang them in the dark until the buds snapped from the branch. I think it was approx 10 days, I’m totally making that up, it was between 7-10 days, look I have no idea really. I think it was in the last two weeks... It’s Spring here, temps approx 21-27 degrees.

OMG Trixie did feel crispy and I thought I over dried them because of the humidifier taking out the moisture!

With Twiggy I did get the tip to put my humidity thingy into a plastic container and stand with the buds for a few hours, I think the temp remainded under 60 humidity, so I put her in jars with humidity sachets. I put Trixie straight into jars coz she felt so crispy, but now I see that’s a mistake. I’m doing a night shift atm but I will tip her back out as soon as I get home. Krip I ain’t buying fucking mini humidity thingys! I have to draw the line somewhere when it comes to these mollycoddled pampered princesses!

OMG I can’t believe I’m going to be burping them! I barely burped my own child!

I did make it to the end of your post, and I appreciate every single word Xo :kiss:

Ive said it before and I’ll say it again... no wonder it’s so expensive to buy! A huge amount of work goes into every single ounce!

Exactly! The RH in the jars is determined by the moisture content left in the buds...I'll post some detailed info for you once I clean up a little...I'm sweating (no pun intended...will explain later! ;) ) like a pig from working outside, right now. :D
I like to call it JH, which just to be difficult is not based on the RH at all. I have decided I hate humidity almost as much as trimming.

I love being in my garden.

What country do you call home?

Krip I ain’t buying fucking mini humidity thingys! I have to draw the line somewhere when it comes to these mollycoddled pampered princesses!
LOL...That's 420% up to you but it only takes one jar of moldy buds to regret not spending the $12 - for FOUR of them! Besides, you're in nursing so I'm sure you can tell the difference between 62% RH and 65% RH in the jars just by looking, right? :rofl:

Of course, I'm only playing a little bit and there are growers who don't use them. Ask any if they've every opened a jar of moldy buds, though? ;)

Back
Top Bottom