Trala’s Tent

Hi @marcus611a I wanted to put together a little something I’ve learned since accidentally embracing Monstercropping. It is not a popular way to grow, and I truly understand why. It takes sooooo. fucking. long to Reveg a bud clone. Much longer than revegging a plant, well I think it does.

Over the last year I think I have improved in getting the most out of my little monsters, and while watching your journal, I think I may have some tips you might want to consider.

I didn’t post this in your journal coz I know some posters prefer to keep their journals about their own personal grow. Not me mind, I couldn’t give a fuck what people want to share in this journal. Pets, recipes anything goes in here :laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:

First I don’t have the experience of the good growers in here so what I’m saying could be viewed as 100% wrong. I just wanted to share what has worked for me.

As you can see with your plants their little arms are eager to get to the outside of the pot. Without training I find my plants arms can become quite spindly. This advice is about growing the type of plant you see as beautiful, so what I consider beautiful in a plant could differ to what you are trying to achieve. Thankfully there are hundreds of ways to skin a cat, not that anyone should be doing that. Skinning cats is just wrong. But if it was okay to skin a cat, this is the way I would do it:-

My goal is to achieve an even canopy. I think this is particularly difficult in little monsters because they want to grow up and out, without central coverage. That central coverage is what makes my heart sing. I realised I’d neglected training, so 4 days ago I decided I better get to it.

My goal was to fill these areas:-

BFEE34FB-57A0-4AA5-9FE7-B0841A4AB5D0.jpeg
70446E67-A286-402F-B7FA-78024836EE03.jpeg

So in essence what I’m trying to do is turn these branches back on themselves. The pink colour demonstrates where my growth is heading and the yellow demonstrates where I want it to train it to go.

60A16420-F532-47FA-A990-BF3FA7154266.jpeg

In order to fill these spaces I loop my new growth back on itself and I secure it with a Carhook™️, I really need to put a link to how @Carcass makes them in my signature. For me they changed the way I grow. Hopefully he will come and link you. They are these sticks with wire. I then create an actual U turn with my stalk.

3DC8C9BF-8A99-43CF-9419-BD34B9EFF9E9.jpeg
354B6A0D-D1BE-4838-BBA7-C040D6D7F79F.jpeg

This newest training pictured was done yesterday. I have been actively tweaking her since last Wednesday.

Here she is today, 4 days on.

674A86A6-860D-4D58-8D30-3FA81EE7C747.jpeg

5B23AA59-3947-4229-A93A-F9B45D113B00.jpeg

So as you can see, the growth goal I am trying to achieve is slowly coming into effect. I think it could benefit you to perhaps better prepare your plant for your scrog net.

So there is my monstercrop advice…. Not that you even asked LOLLINGGGGGG!

Oh and first person to scroll straight past that absolute bible length wall of words and post TL;DR wins!

Hi @marcus611a I wanted to put together a little something I’ve learned since accidentally embracing Monstercropping. It is not a popular way to grow, and I truly understand why. It takes sooooo. fucking. long to Reveg a bud clone. Much longer than revegging a plant, well I think it does.

Over the last year I think I have improved in getting the most out of my little monsters, and while watching your journal, I think I may have some tips you might want to consider.

I didn’t post this in your journal coz I know some posters prefer to keep their journals about their own personal grow. Not me mind, I couldn’t give a fuck what people want to share in this journal. Pets, recipes anything goes in here :laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:

First I don’t have the experience of the good growers in here so what I’m saying could be viewed as 100% wrong. I just wanted to share what has worked for me.

As you can see with your plants their little arms are eager to get to the outside of the pot. Without training I find my plants arms can become quite spindly. This advice is about growing the type of plant you see as beautiful, so what I consider beautiful in a plant could differ to what you are trying to achieve. Thankfully there are hundreds of ways to skin a cat, not that anyone should be doing that. Skinning cats is just wrong. But if it was okay to skin a cat, this is the way I would do it:-

My goal is to achieve an even canopy. I think this is particularly difficult in little monsters because they want to grow up and out, without central coverage. That central coverage is what makes my heart sing. I realised I’d neglected training, so 4 days ago I decided I better get to it.

My goal was to fill these areas:-

BFEE34FB-57A0-4AA5-9FE7-B0841A4AB5D0.jpeg
70446E67-A286-402F-B7FA-78024836EE03.jpeg

So in essence what I’m trying to do is turn these branches back on themselves. The pink colour demonstrates where my growth is heading and the yellow demonstrates where I want it to train it to go.

60A16420-F532-47FA-A990-BF3FA7154266.jpeg

In order to fill these spaces I loop my new growth back on itself and I secure it with a Carhook™️, I really need to put a link to how @Carcass makes them in my signature. For me they changed the way I grow. Hopefully he will come and link you. They are these sticks with wire. I then create an actual U turn with my stalk.

3DC8C9BF-8A99-43CF-9419-BD34B9EFF9E9.jpeg
354B6A0D-D1BE-4838-BBA7-C040D6D7F79F.jpeg

This newest training pictured was done yesterday. I have been actively tweaking her since last Wednesday.

Here she is today, 4 days on.

674A86A6-860D-4D58-8D30-3FA81EE7C747.jpeg

5B23AA59-3947-4229-A93A-F9B45D113B00.jpeg

So as you can see, the growth goal I am trying to achieve is slowly coming into effect. I think it could benefit you to perhaps better prepare your plant for your scrog net.

So there is my monstercrop advice…. Not that you even asked LOLLINGGGGGG!

Oh and first person to scroll straight past that absolute bible length wall of words and post TL;DR wins!
Wow - EXCELLENT explanation and use or visual aid @Trala !!! I understood everything crystal clear!

Oh, and I dont win cuz I read every word :laughtwo:

Good morning, nearly arvo :)

Here is my Sunday Summary a few hours early coz I’m at a Chrissy Party this arvo.

As you can clearly see I have let Mimmy get away. Please help me not to make this mistake again. I have zero idea when to flower and I literally need to be told to do it. My little monsters are coming along. OMG I have such nice gesture regret! I NEVER should have given Bubbles away. I am in fact so devastated at not having a Bubbles I have done an Angelia Jolie and renamed my green child from Balloons to Bubbles II. I can’t not see at least one plant called Bubbles bloom. And if you’ve never heard the song Bubbles by a Biffy Clyro, you need to get on it.

Oh and these Pearlite clones. (I think it was Shed) I read in here that a good way to strike clones is to stick them in Pearlite. I swear that Pearlite spelling looks wrong. So far it could be a clone game changer. Zero droop. I’ve not checked for roots yet. I’ll leave them alone 7 days. But so far excellent.

I hope you are living your dream :)

Mimmy Bee aka Mimosa Eva
Barney’s Seed
Days in Veg 68
12:eyebrowsmile: 8 Days

D5D7D338-748E-4BD7-A6D2-3F7D157DC06C.jpeg

Mimmy trying to flower but not quite.

8482A2EE-3E04-45DB-B76E-7C60ACBA77CD.jpeg

Merrie Bee aka Peyote Critical
Monstercropped Clone
Days in Veg 43

101E3DB8-9F60-4971-841E-9D5DF71AED7E.jpeg

Tee Bee aka Tangerine Dream
Monstercropped Clone
Days in Veg 43

B0F2448B-648C-4012-A263-BAD130A8FC3C.jpeg

Bubbles and baby clones aka Mimosa Eva/Peyote Critical/Tangerine Dream
Regular Clone and Pearlite Clone
Days in Veg Soil Clone Day 6/Pearlite Clones Day 4

0232D1E3-9007-4D5F-97CD-97678FD90EEE.jpeg

The Familam ❤️❤️❤️

(My man finally oiled my deck! I pretended I was going to do it myself based on zero idea how to oil the deck outside getting the gurney to clean it, and it worked before I even turned the gurney on, which was a relief coz I got zero idea how to in fact turn it on).

C27B2A98-7111-4BA2-90C5-4F6EBF651A57.jpeg

Wow - EXCELLENT explanation and use or visual aid @Trala !!! I understood everything crystal clear!

Oh, and I dont win cuz I read every word :laughtwo:
Thank you for saying that. I actually felt a bit shy doing it lolllll not even joking. It’s weird but I’m super loud in real life unless I’m expected to talk, like give a work education, plant tutorial etc then I blush and go full meek.

Nice explanation ,simple and easy to follow
Plant looks good too :ganjamon:

Not yet but I will :)

They don’t call me the OCD Princess of Perfection for nothing… Actually no one calls me that, but they bloody well should!

Hope so :)

They are an Australian delicacy. They are called Phascolarctos Pellets otherwise known as Koala shit. It’s expensive, but it’s sooooo good. Just kidding they are choc bits. My son loves choc chip shortbread.
Hah! Could have had me Tra! :laugh:

I really need to put a link to how @Carcass makes them in my signature.
Thanks for the tag, T....
Here's a few pics of how I make the hooks- pretty easy to do- solid core copper wire (20 gauge)works the best, but other types of wire will work too- copper is just easier.

So first, get yourself some bamboo skewers at the dollar store- you get like a hundred of them for a buck..
you'll also need 3.5"- 4"of wire for each hook:
1.jpg

Then just tightly wrap the wire around the stick, all but 3/8", which is what you bend into a hook...
2.jpg

Bend the 3/8" of wire into a little hook...
3.jpg

And you're done! You can slide the hook up or down on the stick to adjust for the height of your plant.
4.jpg

It's up to you how many you'll need for training your plants- I use 25 or so per plant...
They're adjustable and re-usable, so you'll only need to make them once...

So there ya go, @marcus611a !
:goodluck:

I secure it with a Carhook™️, I really need to put a link to how @Carcass makes them in my signature.
You and me both. I haven’t had a plant grow without them since Carcass disclosed them. I wish you would have book marked it. :laughtwo:

And beautiful plants by the way. :green_heart:

The new season is looking fresh tralala. can you believe its already been a year and summer is here again..
Everything in my garden/grass is growing a couple inches a day. Love this time of the year
Hey Lizardmate :)

Haven’t seen you in yonks!

Tis the season to get fucked up. Did my work Christmas Party and omg there was a fucking fight! A FIGHT! Like fists! It was so terrible. My man ending up being the faux bouncer. Nothing say #straya like good ole fisticuffs when celebrating baby Jesus.

And worst part, I lost my favourite sunnies. Best part, I wasn’t involved in any drama AND I’ve awoken Aok.

How does that Christmas song go? “It’s beginning to look a lot like Fuckthis… every where you goooOooo”. :laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:

Good morning, nearly arvo :)

Here is my Sunday Summary a few hours early coz I’m at a Chrissy Party this arvo.

As you can clearly see I have let Mimmy get away. Please help me not to make this mistake again. I have zero idea when to flower and I literally need to be told to do it. My little monsters are coming along. OMG I have such nice gesture regret! I NEVER should have given Bubbles away. I am in fact so devastated at not having a Bubbles I have done an Angelia Jolie and renamed my green child from Balloons to Bubbles II. I can’t not see at least one plant called Bubbles bloom. And if you’ve never heard the song Bubbles by a Biffy Clyro, you need to get on it.

Oh and these Pearlite clones. (I think it was Shed) I read in here that a good way to strike clones is to stick them in Pearlite. I swear that Pearlite spelling looks wrong. So far it could be a clone game changer. Zero droop. I’ve not checked for roots yet. I’ll leave them alone 7 days. But so far excellent.

I hope you are living your dream :)

Mimmy Bee aka Mimosa Eva
Barney’s Seed
Days in Veg 68
12:eyebrowsmile: 8 Days

D5D7D338-748E-4BD7-A6D2-3F7D157DC06C.jpeg

Mimmy trying to flower but not quite.

8482A2EE-3E04-45DB-B76E-7C60ACBA77CD.jpeg

Merrie Bee aka Peyote Critical
Monstercropped Clone
Days in Veg 43

101E3DB8-9F60-4971-841E-9D5DF71AED7E.jpeg

Tee Bee aka Tangerine Dream
Monstercropped Clone
Days in Veg 43

B0F2448B-648C-4012-A263-BAD130A8FC3C.jpeg

Bubbles and baby clones aka Mimosa Eva/Peyote Critical/Tangerine Dream
Regular Clone and Pearlite Clone
Days in Veg Soil Clone Day 6/Pearlite Clones Day 4

0232D1E3-9007-4D5F-97CD-97678FD90EEE.jpeg

The Familam ❤️❤️❤️

(My man finally oiled my deck! I pretended I was going to do it myself based on zero idea how to oil the deck outside getting the gurney to clean it, and it worked before I even turned the gurney on, which was a relief coz I got zero idea how to in fact turn it on).

C27B2A98-7111-4BA2-90C5-4F6EBF651A57.jpeg
Loving those ladies

The ladies are looking fit and fine! So is the freshly sealed deck! Nice man euvering!
It looks so beautiful after a good oiling. And thanks. He hates me “nagging” so it’s all about clever word placements and actions. I feel like the puppet master tho. I have two funny examples of this. I’ll take pics when I get up. One is a fail, the other a success.
Thanks for the tag, T....
Here's a few pics of how I make the hooks- pretty easy to do- solid core copper wire (20 gauge)works the best, but other types of wire will work too- copper is just easier.

So first, get yourself some bamboo skewers at the dollar store- you get like a hundred of them for a buck..
you'll also need 3.5"- 4"of wire for each hook:
1.jpg

Then just tightly wrap the wire around the stick, all but 3/8", which is what you bend into a hook...
2.jpg

Bend the 3/8" of wire into a little hook...
3.jpg

And you're done! You can slide the hook up or down on the stick to adjust for the height of your plant.
4.jpg

It's up to you how many you'll need for training your plants- I use 25 or so per plant...
They're adjustable and re-usable, so you'll only need to make them once...

So there ya go, @marcus611a !
:goodluck:
Good morning C Legend :)

How do I put this in my signature under Carhooking™️?

You and me both. I haven’t had a plant grow without them since Carcass disclosed them. I wish you would have book marked it. :laughtwo:

And beautiful plants by the way. :green_heart:
Hi Nev :)

How do I do it? I want the link to say Carhooking™️.

Loving those ladies
Jack Jack Jacky :)

Welcome to the Tent of Debauchery.

If you are looking for a professional grow and are easily offended, this is not the thread for you!

:laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:

The ladies are looking fit and fine! So is the freshly sealed deck! Nice man euvering!
Hello :)

FYI I love man euvering!

So I learned early in my relationship that my partner hates being told what to do. So over the last 20 years I have fine tuned this skill of always telling him what to do without him realising. From here on I will call it man euvering.

I’ll give you some examples of my craft. I’ll set the scene. My neighbour decided to extend and build a veranda. With horror I realise they will be able to see into my pool area where my plants are. I can’t say I need a screen for my plants coz he will say no, coz he hates my plants. I need to find a weakness…

Me: Omg look! Next door is building a veranda
Him: yeah (scintillating conversation isn’t his strong point)
Me: Look they will be able to see straight in! I wonder if we could extend that screen for privacy?
Him: Nah can’t attach it to anything
Me: Hmmm what about the filter shed
Him: Nah, won’t work.
Me: Oh bummer. No more daytime skinny dipping I guess —> seed planted

2 weeks later: SUCCESS

837E54C1-6E8E-4CEC-A2A3-BDBE19A53950.jpeg
FB9C5A14-AD5D-443A-BCED-5D22C66C327C.jpeg

Next example. He attached what can only be described as an eyesore in front of my house. He ran a drain pipe straight along my beautiful fake gate and when it rained, water poured out, into the other neighbours yard. It was a quick fix till our water tank arrives. Again I need to find weakness…

Me: Omg people must wonder what we are doing with that pipe, (he lives for the praise he gets from walkers when it comes to his Reno’s).
Him: yeah
Me: I wonder if it bothers the neighbours. We’ve had a bit of rain.
Him: yeah probably does —> seed planted

2 weeks later SUCCESS! Look it’s not, he basically created a cock on the side of my house which pisses water onto that random paver he has placed under it. And worse part, it’s almost directly under our bedroom window, fucking tank can’t come quick enough.

64AEF076-17E8-4627-926D-F7E3CD50952B.jpeg
7638812C-DB0A-462D-A63A-4DB25A3FE723.jpeg

Some I win, some I win while losing.

Guess who is going to the Prom with her own beautiful little flower corsage?

Mimstar that’s who!

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiii

Day 1 of Flower

❤️❤️❤️

424607B8-0B18-4CEA-A57D-9B478D7D080C.jpeg
E888E985-CBCD-4175-A31A-CE9861E1AE99.jpeg

I’m going to save the nit drama for another day, and just let her enjoy the dance. The whole lot are absolutely infested. I just don’t know what to do.

Back
Top Bottom