Transdermal Patch

Hi all. Has anyone tried a transdermal patch? They are available in Colorado and a few other states I think.

Does any one know a source for 'blank' patches? So you could add on your own product and then stick it on.

I'd like to know of any blank transdermal patches available. And I'm sure there are many others interested, too. :blushsmile:

I think I have seen recipes for DIY transdermal patches using DMSO. Apparently there too many unknowns associated with DMSO to use it routinely for anything other than dire suffering.

I have been taking a second look at DMSO, after reading enthusiastic reports from people who are using it. It seems that DMSO enjoys the same dark reputation therapeutically as cannabis for the exact same reason, viz., US federal government refusal to allow human clinical trials of its use! A deliberately engineered catch-22 stalemate, some say, because trials would confirm its effectiveness and soon see it replacing heaps of expensive pharmaceutical products.

DMSO can be applied externally, or taken internally diluted with water. By itself it reduces pain, but it can be used to push other medications through the skin to enter the bloodstream. Caution is advised that DMSO be applied only to clean skin that's free of soap and then not covered by dyed clothing, otherwise soap or dyes can be pushed into the bloodstream. DMSO is a versatile solvent and reacts with most plastics, so should preferably be purchased and stored in glass containers. DMSO: Many Uses, Much Controversy

The most basic use would be to apply your cannabis ethanol tincture to a freshly washed and thoroughly rinsed patch of skin, then use a dropper to add a couple of drops of DMSO and, using the side of a clean glass jar as a roller, smear it around to mix with the cannabis. Nothing dissolvable in DMSO should contact the medicated area of skin for 20 minutes, certainly no coloured clothing or reactive plastic. The area can be left uncovered.

DMSO sold at hardware stores is an industrial product intended for cleaning, etc., and contains traces of harmful solvents. The product you need is of at least 99.9% purity; it's sold by farm and veterinary suppliers and used extensively on horses and arthritic dogs. It apparently enjoys quiet popularity with athletes for treating bruises and pain, too. There is a pharmaceutical grade of 99.99% purity, but quite expensive and regarded by DMSO disciples as unnecessary and overkill.

Hi all. Has anyone tried a transdermal patch? They are available in Colorado and a few other states I think..
I don't know of any users personally, but did happen across some reviews of the available transdermal patches, and I'm dismayed to hear that most people report the commercial patches just don't work. :yikes:

Back
Top Bottom