Transition period?

Its 60 days from when you see flowers start to form this is only a rough guide.. start checking trichomes around that time when there all cloudy and or 30% amber there ready in my opinion.

Damn. I really have no idea when that would have taken place exactly. Could have been 5 days could have been 15? My concern is I want to start flushing and go to water only but I don’t want to do it too soon. So from your experience how many days do you think it takes for buds start to form? And I appreciate your time

Damn. I really have no idea when that would have taken place exactly. Could have been 5 days could have been 15? My concern is I want to start flushing and go to water only but I don’t want to do it too soon. So from your experience how many days do you think it takes for buds start to form? And I appreciate your time
Really depends on the strain... indicas usally around 8-9 weeks i usually flush when the plant looks ready to you (checking trichomes to see if there all cloudy and maybe some amber ones) then flush for a week or two. Patience my friend. Any pics?

Hey, AJR...

I'm a pretty new grower, just finished my first harvest. I've tried to do a bit of research to teach myself, but also have received no end of help from various members here. Anyhow, a few thoughts for you to consider...

1) Some folks start counting flowering days when they flip to 12/12. Others (including me) start counting when pistils first appear. Some people say that breeder's day recommendations are too short (i.e. we should wait longer to harvest).

2) It doesn't really matter what flower Day you are on - what matters most is the trich colours, like @Woblaaaah said.

3) I think the article on harvesting by DJ Short (link in my sig) is really helpful in describing the different effects that can be experienced depending on what stage of trich colour you go for.

4) A "jewelers loupe" magnifying glass is a really helpful tool to have nearby to zero in on the trichs. Check out the buds themselves, not the sugar leaves (which ripen earlier). Even better is an inexpensive LED microscope. I got one for about C$35. Really handy to use and capture photos. Plugs into my laptop.

You probably already knew some or all of this, but hopefully a point here or there will be helpful.

Good luck with the harvest!

Really depends on the strain... indicas usally around 8-9 weeks i usually flush when the plant looks ready to you (checking trichomes to see if there all cloudy and maybe some amber ones) then flush for a week or two. Patience my friend. Any pics?
Alot of people say flushing doesnt really improve the taste or burnability and neglects the plant of needed nutes in the peak time of flowering, they feed right till the end get the most out of the plant. Other people say flushing does improve taste all personal prefrance really

Hey, AJR...

I'm a pretty new grower, just finished my first harvest. I've tried to do a bit of research to teach myself, but also have received no end of help from various members here. Anyhow, a few thoughts for you to consider...

1) Some folks start counting flowering days when they flip to 12/12. Others (including me) start counting when pistils first appear. Some people say that breeder's day recommendations are too short (i.e. we should wait longer to harvest).

2) It doesn't really matter what flower Day you are on - what matters most is the trich colours, like @Woblaaaah said.

3) I think the article on harvesting by DJ Short (link in my sig) is really helpful in describing the different effects that can be experienced depending on what stage of trich colour you go for.

4) A "jewelers loupe" magnifying glass is a really helpful tool to have nearby to zero in on the trichs. Check out the buds themselves, not the sugar leaves (which ripen earlier). Even better is an inexpensive LED microscope. I got one for about C$35. Really handy to use and capture photos. Plugs into my laptop.

You probably already knew some or all of this, but hopefully a point here or there will be helpful.

Good luck with the harvest!

Thanks I appreciate your input.

Alot of people say flushing doesnt really improve the taste or burnability and neglects the plant of needed nutes in the peak time of flowering, they feed right till the end get the most out of the plant. Other people say flushing does improve taste all personal prefrance really

It is a good point about flushing. There is a link floating around on one of the other threads here with some pretty compelling evidence that flushing doesn't affect end product. Worth checking out. I'll see if I can find it and post a link.

They’re all Jack Herer

Attachments

• 1186F34D-2970-42D9-B1AE-3545246AB089.jpeg
    1186F34D-2970-42D9-B1AE-3545246AB089.jpeg
    997.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 5D00A3BC-CFCE-4BCF-95BA-BC09C24204B7.jpeg
    5D00A3BC-CFCE-4BCF-95BA-BC09C24204B7.jpeg
    697.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 31B549AB-7473-416B-9A06-81F2A5CDC170.jpeg
    31B549AB-7473-416B-9A06-81F2A5CDC170.jpeg
    346.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 21E6C611-EDB0-46E2-86AF-FF72EF55D293.jpeg
    21E6C611-EDB0-46E2-86AF-FF72EF55D293.jpeg
    613.3 KB · Views: 88
Hey. Older thread now... But I've recently read that indoor growers call day 1 of flower, the day they flip light schedule.. outdoor growers call day 1 the first day they see hairs being produced. Would make sense to me!

I just flipped my ladies to flower last night :)

20190915_162450.jpg

I'm not sure about that. I think that whether indoors or out, technically flowering count starts at first pistils. A lot of folks start counting at the flip, just because it is easier to keep track of, especially with multiple plants that may show first pistils on different days. Good luck with your plants... nice looking!

I'm not sure about that. I think that whether indoors or out, technically flowering count starts at first pistils. A lot of folks start counting at the flip, just because it is easier to keep track of, especially with multiple plants that may show first pistils on different days. Good luck with your plants... nice looking!

Oh, ok thanks! Wasn't exactly sure. :) And thanks for the complement. Can't wait to see first ever buds being grown!

The first day you see pre flower pistles, is day one of flowering.

Thanks for the clarification guys. Will remember that from now on.

So.. only been 2 days of 12hr dark... But I see plenty of little white hairs. Are these pistils already?? My camera is pretty bad but tried!

Screenshot_2019-09-16-14-14-54.pngScreenshot_2019-09-16-14-14-26.pngScreenshot_2019-09-16-13-52-52.pngScreenshot_2019-09-16-13-52-29.png

Looks like it to me! You are off and running!

Back
Top Bottom